do I believe in natural?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Luxiebow, Feb 12, 2009.

1. enayes

enayes Member

There's now way you were with your husband 24/7 luxiebow. And yea soaringeagle is probably right, he musta had really greasy hairr

2. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

he doesn't have greasy hair at all! he washes it every 2/3days, a lot of the time curly hair doesn't get greasy as quick as straight, thin hair. he has the same type of hair as me, thick and curly! I find you quite rude enayes, if you don't want to believe me than don't. I was just wondering why my husband didn't get dreads! and what are you trying to say? that when he went to the shop or something without me he was madly raking his fingers through his hair or would slyly pull a comb out of his back pocket? he wasn't trying to get dreads or trying not to!

3. enayes

enayes Member

I'm not trying to be rude. But my point is you don't really know everything that he was doing to his hair, or maybe you do but your not realizing something that could have prevented dreads from forming.

4. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

they just didn't! I'm not missing anything, I've been thinking about this for a while and thats why I decided to post and I've asked him and he doesn't know. If he got a different job that would allow him wear dreads he'd get them but he obviously won't be going the natural route!

5. enayes

enayes Member

I think he should try to go natural before backcombing.

6. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Aha! A closet-comber! lol You've conjured up all sorts of silly images for me now :p

:D

7. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

a little sick of all the "my way is the only way" crap around here!

Luxie rock on lil sista!:)

8. Callie4Strings

Amy your new siggy is stunning!!!

9. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

thank you! I know, I'm getting sick of it too. They just won't give up even if they're wrong!

10. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

so what do you think, he should wait 5 years and then he'll have dreads? cuz 3 didn't work out for him....who's that patient?

11. Callie4Strings

Yeah....oh well....live and let live right????

12. enayes

enayes Member

Well he should try it with the intention of growing dreadlocks.

13. ChildInTime

ChildInTime Member

Maybe he ran his fingers through it while he was washing it in the shower?

I don't see why you wouldn't believe in the natural route when it has worked for other people, given its probably not going to work for absolutely everyone

Edit: Opps shit.. did i just bring up an old topic? HA my mistake

14. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

yesss you did. And thats what this thread was about, natural may not work for everyone. So we should be more open and forgiving to other methods.

15. Callie4Strings

I didnt WANT to go natural...even if I could of. Geeze....these folks should really get over themselves!

16. springheeleddah

springheeleddah Member

now this is what im talking about.. im almost a year now with just all-natural.. and still, nothing happens yet, talking about major happenings..

17. bcmama

bcmama Banned

A friend of mine tried the natural route for over 3 years, with little to no progress. She used a natural shampoo bar and sea salt spray and has long, straight, fine hair. After waiting for over 3 years for dreads to form naturally, she finally backcombed and now has amazing locks.

18. amybird

amybird Senior Member

I wonder how common it is for hair to just not knot without a little help.

19. heads you live

heads you live Member

wow. bit of an arrogant wanker, aren't you?
    can't believe how some people can be SO FREAKIN' KNOW-IT-ALL-MY-WAY-IS-BETTER-THAN-YOUR-WAY-IF-IT-DIDNT-WORK-YOU'RE-OBVIOUSLY-LYING - and still manage to function around normal people who have respect for OTHER people! my god. i think luxie probably knows her husband, and her husband's hair much better than you do.
    go fight somewhere else, we don't want your negative attitude around here.
    not everyone's hair dreads simply by stopping doing anything to it. everyone's hair is different.

your argument is annoying and disrepectful.

20. enayes

enayes Member

wanker? haha I like it when people use words like that

but seriously guys I'm not trying to act like some natural elitist or whatever. I don't even have dreads yet, but unless your hair is extremely fine and thin it WILL dread. If it doesn't then your hair defies the laws of nature!

I started the natural route 5 months ago, and my hair is about 6 inches long right now, so its still kinda short for natural dreads. But I have about 5 or 6 noticeable dreadish clumps, so I'm satisfied with my progress so far

whoever mentioned him running his fingers through his hair while washing is probably right, that would have the same effect as brushing