Do healthy vegetarians exist?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Jun 6, 2013.

1. lostkid

lostkid Member

i'm only veg for the reason that when i was fourteen i ate a steak at a neighbor's barbeque that caused me to honk my brains out nonstop for a week.
    going on 7 years now (i eat seafoodz though nom nom.)
    i take the following: iron, vitamin b's, flaxseed oil
    i got super woozy last winter and went in the hospital a few different times; they drew my blood and ran tests and everything, said i was very healthy, my thyroid is overactive but that's all apparently.
    i feel very unhealthy sometimes. where i can't even get out of bed. it's depression, they say and then they're like here have some prescription drugs then i'm like aww hell naw gtf away from me
    something's wrong though, that's fersure ;)
    enjoy your day folks

2. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

3. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

I'm a healthy veggie :)

Rarely ill. Always full of energy (worked an 11 hour shift with only 45 minutes break yesterday and could have done way more, I don't get to sit down at my job at all.). My only problem health wise is low iron which I had before I became vegetarian anyway.

I eat one meal a day in the evenings and snack throughout the day on fruits, salad, seeds etc. I eat lots of hemp seeds and also use hemp seed oil in my cooking.

Plus I forage lots too. Things like dandelion greens give you calcium and proteins. Yum!!

I've felt healthier than ever being vegetarian.

4. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I was a vegetarian for years... I would have been a vegan but I ate eggs and I felt perfectly healthy. I eat fish now and occasionally meat but mostly only because my boyfriend fishes a lot and we get local meat and honestly I like the taste. I have noticed absolutely no change in my over all fitness and health.

One of the girls on my survey crew is a vegetarian and always has been and I am willing to bet that she is much healthier and much stronger than a whole heck of a lot of meat eaters.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yet for some reason i still drink alcohol...

damn, people still take breaks at work?

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Only when they work +10 hours.