do family and friends approve?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by irishbohemian, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Rosie55

Rosie55 Member

I don't know if my family approve or not, but they are certainly accepting of my nudity, as for my flatmates, well there are two of them and we are a sliding scale, ones never nude, outside of bedroom and bathroom, one is starting to be comfortable with casual nudity, I.E he will walk to and from the bathroom naked, not lock the door when bathing etc. and then there is me who's always nude at home, but we are all accepting of the others level of dress, as for my friends, a couple disprove and they generally arrange to meet in public, pretty much to assure i'll be dressed but most are accepting of my nudism in my flat, but not many are happy to have me nude at there homes, so on the whole i'd say family and friends approve but it could always be better or more so. I usually just try to operate a live and let live policy in everything and hope others will be decent enough to do likewise for me.

2. nakedrhode

nakedrhode Member

All my family and friends know I am a nudist and luckily my friends don't have a problem with this unlike my family . My inlaws are all really prudish people and don't like I raised my family nudist .I don't have much to do with them so its not really a problem . My mother ,sister and brother know but it doesn't really matter how they feel as I havnt seen my brother in years as I am not rich enough to mix in his circles ,my sister is in New Zealand and see her about once a year and my mum I don't see that often as she lives 3 hours away . Mum however has told me it doesn't bother her as long as we cover up while shes around which isn't a problem .

3. naturegirl1

naturegirl1 Member

Phil & I have always been open about our love of naturism, we don't force the issue but we are quite content to tell people about our naturist leanings if the subject arises. All my colleagues at work (who are all women I should point out) know, one is also a naturist, the others just humour us! All our close friends know, some take the micky out of us but it's all good natured. All my family know, my sister really disapproves, my brother in law quite envies us! My mum is a bit ambivalent....she usually says she wishes she could be so relaxed but in the next breath reminds me of what my dad would have thought of such antics!
    There are not many people we would want to be nude with though.....I sunbathe topless quite happily but totally naked would only make me & the others feel uncomfortable. There are only 2 or 3 exceptions.

3 people like this.
  4. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Why does anyone need to know? If you tell your friends, why? Do they need to know so they can accept you or are you trying to accept yourself?
    As for family, to hell with them. It's none of their damned business.

5. naturegirl1

naturegirl1 Member

People don't NEED to know, but we are not hypocritical about it either! Naturism is nothing to be ashamed of, think about it, it's sunbathing & swimming without that extra few square inches of fabric! We chose to be open & honest about it because we like it that way. simple as that.

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

My family certainly DOES NOT APPROVE..... (Dunno about the few friends I have)

They are all brainwahsed thinking its wrong :(

7. nakedrhode

nakedrhode Member

I agree with nudist jen .My inlaws don't approve and I don't care . Their horrible people and the mother in law is a control freak .She doesn't approve of me because I apparently corrupt her daughter and my kids by raising them nude . She stopped coming round after she let herself in one day and I was just walking out the living room naked and throbbing.The mrs and I had a good laugh over it .

8. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

They do not know.

9. DJammies

DJammies Members

Some of my friends know and are fine with it, even though they may not be nudists themselves. My family doesn't really know all the details about my nudists interests save a couple of close relatives. But I don't think anyone would really harshly 'disapprove' or anything. I don't think I'd be banned from the family because of it. :)

2 people like this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I understand if you as an adult would want to become nude, but I don't understand how you can raise your children that way. That doesn't feel right to me at all. That's almost like forced religion on children, in a way. Do young children really comprehend this "nudism" like an adult? Feels like exploitation.

:unsure:

11. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I've seen families from various parts of Europe at nudist beaches on Caribbean islands. The kids don't seem to care at all. They're just enjoying the sand and the water, not paying attention to anything else.

It's a similar situation to topless beaches. Europeans think it's right, Americans (most of us) think it's wrong, and all the kids don't care one way or the other. I don't think young children have any strong feelings about nudity until they are told by adults what to think. Just like cats and dogs that don't regret they don't have clothing on a warm day.

My best friend works in an elementary school. Each kindergarten class has its own bathroom, and the children have to be constantly reminded to close the door when they go in there. At that age, they have no innate feeling that some things should be kept private. Puberty seems to be the age when natural shyness starts to appear, without prompting by adults.

12. Fat Boy

Fat Boy Members

Most friends do family mixed on the subject. We my wife an i have a couple that loves to get nude with us. They come to the house quite often. My wife has a friend hat comes bye. But she won’t get naked with us. We are ok with it.

Panama Jack likes this.
  13. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

After keeping secret about seven years after becoming public nudists at beaches and resorts we thought it best to disclose to our adult sons and daughter in law. We threw them into it headfirst actually. We took them one at a time for a tour to our local resort. We remained clothed. After the shock of seeing it, we explained the reality of nude life. They were great about it. They have all actually joined the resort for different reasons. But rules were set by them. No family members can be nude in front of each other. Yes it's strange, but we accept it.
    We then two years later introduced my wifes sister and her husband to it through the resort also. They too have become members and we four do go nude with one another

Fat Boy and Panama Jack like this.
  14. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We dipped our toes into tell my wife (adult) daughter and husband. They were cool with it. But doubt they will ever join us. Other family members would be shocked.

Fat Boy likes this.
  15. NudeDavid19

NudeDavid19 Banned

Family is cool with it, friends are ok with it, but find it a bit awkward. :-/

Fat Boy likes this.
  16. Michael Rankin

Michael Rankin Members

Hello! Just joined. Name is Michael. I find this topic interested. Been a nudist for about 15 years. Mostly at home but have gone to resorts. When I was young about 7 years old my parents and I lived on 27 acres and very private with a lake. Well at that age I learned that I was very allergic to poison ivy and it was all over me even down there . I was not happy and on top of that it was summer time lol. Anyways my mom as being a nurse at the time didn't dress me for a long while so as guess it. I was playing naked on the twenty seven acres. Of course down the road I was back to the text world. The reason I'm telling this story as I was older I felt there was something missing in my life and I had a heard time figuring it out. At first I thought there was something wrong with me sexual. Come find out that wasn't the case. Do to the fact I did a lot of research and I stumbled on a naturism sites and it was then I realized that I was a nudist. I remember how happy I was and I wanted that back so excepting myself as a nudist slowly came in. Then letting my parents and friends know as well. Wasn't easy. But gotta tall ya. My mom was not surprised and then tells me not to do that around her. Boggles my mind. She's the one that set me free when I was younger.??. So I repected that. My dad same thing. My sister hmm. She a bit of a stuff shirt. As for my friends some were cool with it others weren't. So. I have excepted myself and I'm happy that's all it matters.

bill697cu likes this.
  17. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

Most of my family doesn't approve but don't mind as long as I'm not naked in front of them. My wife doesn't approve of my nudity but tolerates it. I'm nude at home and outside when I can be. Too many neighbors with kids so I only go nude in back yard at night. A few friends know and don't care. I look at it this way if they don't like then don't look. Also my house and if I want to be nude so be it. I try and respect others and don't want to piss anyone off so I keep shorts handy just in case.

Joshua Van likes this.
  18. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

We are not full time nudists, but whenever we have friends or family around we normally cover up. The only exception being when my partner's sister and her family visit, as they are like us, part time nudists.

Joshua Van likes this.
  19. nldn

nldn Senior Member

My nudity is saved for spas and beaches and other family are unaware.

20. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Try being like that here in Greece.