Do couples like to have sex in the dark or lights on?

Discussion in 'The Orgasmic Experience' started by Klimax2gether, May 11, 2018.

1. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

It just comes down to individual preference. Like most sweeping generalizations there are always exceptions if they aren't completely erroneous.

2. srgreene

srgreene Members

Yes .... I've known a number of women, some fairly promiscuous, who the only way they would screw is with sheets on in the dark. Frankly, I liked- still do- to see my partner's reaction.

Klimax2gether and bft4evr like this.
  3. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

i'm with you srgreene - i want to see my partner AND her reaction - i think Angela said it earlier in the thread doing it in the dark is like turning off one of your senses - now the lights don't have to be bright and glaring - soft lighting will do just fine - but i still want to see

Klimax2gether likes this.
  4. wilt88ta

wilt88ta Members

I agree with you srgreene, I have often heard of this or read articles by sexologists and psychologists who talk about men's anxieties and their insecurity.

Also on this I believe that you are right. I remember that in high school my teacher of Latin and history once expressed to us students her opinion about this topic. She said that men often fear confrontation with other men. And this would be the basis of many absurd behaviors aimed at limiting women's freedom.
    I thought it was a thing of the past, in reality many news stories nowadays, seem to prove otherwise.

Actually, I just wanted to say that, limited to my experience and the confidences of someone I know, I have often heard complaints from men, rather than women, about the fact that lights should be turned off in the bedroom during intimacy.
    I hypothesized that perhaps it depended on a fear of the woman to show herself naked to her lover because this is the explanation that my fiancée once gave me.
    It was not my intention to generalize.

5. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Lights on for safety !!! She'd rather the lights be off, but I want to see it all - especially with a BJ - if she starts it one the dark, I'll flip the light on!

zorro69 and Angela36 like this.
  6. NudeDavid19

NudeDavid19 Banned

Lights on, it’s no fun if you can’t see what you are doing!

7. chad33705

chad33705 Members

lights on

8. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Agreed. The male body is too tempting to be hidden in the darkness.

zorro69, B1G_D and NudeDavid19 like this.
  9. ArtyB

ArtyB Members

Soft lights hard cock

10. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Good. Bright lights hard cock. Better.

11. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Especially when seen from a very short distance....

12. Angela36

Angela36 Members

OMG NO KIDDING! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Bicaptain My Captain and B1G_D like this.
  13. carpetbagger

carpetbagger Member

I love seeing but my wife is wracked with Catholic guilt, even after all these years so lights off in the dark it is.
    I can't complain because it usually means she can let herself go.

bananaman321 likes this.
  14. Klimax2gether

Klimax2gether Members

I know, it is difficult to persuade the lady if she feels less confident to see the embrace.

15. zorro69

zorro69 Members

Me too !...at least with some dim lights say from a table lamp...some areas of light and some areas of darkness fumes the eroticity, mystery and desire..the consensus here is at least with some light not total darkness means u can't see anything, can only feel....not good enough

16. zorro69

zorro69 Members

I love wat this young notti babe says :);):eek:...thanks for liking older cocks like mine too my dear :p:eek::)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  17. starfield03

starfield03 Members

I'm fine with either. The lights are usually on.

18. lbushwalker

lbushwalker Members

Only once in my life had sex with lights off or more precisely outside in the dark under a sky full of exploding fireworks.
    I can't image having sex in the dark otherwise unless it is with wearing a blindfold :tonguewink: