Do Any Republicans Join Unions?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by adam robbin, Sep 23, 2018.

1. adam robbin

adam robbin Members

[​IMG]
    From measuring the distance to an object several feet away to the distance between the ground and the moon range finders areutilized for a wide range of tasks. They work by sending a set of energy pulses to an item, hitting the item, then reflecting backto a detector on the stove. Laser light pulses are usually utilized in optical range finders since laser light has very thinwavelength width (centre wavelength +/< plus minus > 3 nm), so the energy of a laser pulse is characterized by minimal dispersing,compared with different kinds of energy pulses. In addition, a laser pulse can be used over greater distances than the pulse. Best golf rangefinder 2018 reviews – Top rated golf rangefinder 2018
    A laser range finder measures distance by sending a group of laser pulses, or even just one heartbeat, even though a electricalcounter starts counting at the time that the laser pulses fire. The outcome of the sensor is amplified, Following the sensorreceives the laser pulses reflected from the object. The signal is fed to a comparator to regenerate a pulse waveform. The counterstops counting When the signal crosses the threshold of the comparator and a microprocessor converts the count . Assume the counter clockwise at 100 MHz, the speed of light is 3 x 108 m/s, and an object's space is'd.' The space of d (inmeters) could be determined by the following equation:The shortest distance is obtained while the number of counts equals 1, so the shortest measurable distance is 1.5 meters. If thecounter is 16-bit wide, the longest measured space is up to 98.3 km, not quite enough to assess the distance of the moon to theground.In order to assess an object's distance range finders send a set of pulses rather than a single pulse. The rising/falling bordersand the width of optical pulses are critical for a precise measurement when sending a group of stimulation.
    [​IMG]
    Due to sin(x)/x ray effect of optical pulses traveling in free space, return pulses from a thing have slower rising/falling edges.A comparator alters its output status when input signal crosses the threshold. Slow rising/falling edges tend to make forcomparator output timing that is uncertain. For the 100 MHz clock counter in our example, 1 count takes 10 ns, and itscorresponding measurement resolution is 1.5 meters. If the return pulse rising/falling period is longer than 10 ns, it mighteasily cause 1.5 meters of malfunction.

One other factor is receiving return pulses. This necessitates more narrow laser pulses are sent by range findersto. Additionally,stronger optical pulses are needed to extend measurement array. To ship peaks that are strong, sharp borders, and narrow opticalstimulation, the driver has to have the ability to deliver powerful sharp-edged and narrow current into a laser diode. Golf rangefinder medium golfcompletes

To send a group of this type of stimulation, the laser diode driver needs to deliver high-speed pulse current to a laser diode.One of Intersil's conventional laser-diode drivers, the ISL58837, has been designed for optical storage applications, to inducered and infrared (IR) laser diodes with around 800 mA of present and with rising/falling edges of less than 1 ns. The outputcurrent is the amount of four current channels that are controlled. Each channel may be switched on and off individually, inaddition to have its.Pulse currentsFour current outputs are summed together to deliver diodes, from among two output pins. By turning off and on to place the outputcurrent of all four stations, a broad selection of shapes and pulse currents of pulse currents can be easily generated by amicrocontroller.Figure 1 reveals the optical-pulse waveforms with different intensities, driven with a driver.Figure 2 and Figure 3 show the rising edges and falling edges of the pulses, too for different intensities.

The 10-to-90 percent rise time and fall time for your 300 mW pulse waveform is quantified as 1 ns and 0.6 ns, respectively.From the complete circuit, Figure 4, the driver that is ISL58837 has four current-amplifier channels and also their currentprofits are determined by the sequential resisters linked to IIN4 pins, along with IINR IIN3.These four channels' output currents are summed together to push a laser diode.

Users can opt to deliver by toggling the pin driving present from the IOUT1 or IOUT2 hooks. Implementing logic patterns togenerate different laser-diode optical-output patterns can generates multiple output current amounts.The ISL58837 also can modulate output current at a few hundred megahertz. Oscillation works are helpful to scramble the harmonics,to decrease style hopping if light reflects in the object back into the laser diode. Amplitude and the oscillation frequency canbe dependent on external resistor values connected to the RAMPx and RFREQx pins. The oscillation frequency can be modulated inapproximately 45 kHz when the oscillation function is enabled.
    ==> https://plus.google.com/u/0/117678382509913662199

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Of course they do... Never hear of construction workers, aka hard hats. In fact I would assume that a good portion of union members are repugs.

3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

All the ones I know are democrats. Plus the unions encourage them to vote pro union candidates.

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

They have to if they work in certain industries, yes?

One of the big ones being the motion picture industry. So, yes, Chuck Norris, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood and even Ronald Reagan were in unions.

5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

A majority of states now have right to work laws, which provide that workers can't be required to join or pay dues to unions. Union Shops, Closed Shops, and the Law - FindLaw
    Ronald Reagan was president not only of the U.S. but of the Screen Actors Guild, an AFL-CIO-affiliated union--for six terms.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yes, but they don't like them unless it's their personal union.

Republicans are against public sector unions, like postal/governmental workers, teachers, and police.
    They're against any Fair Share union. Which means they believe you are entitled to all the benefits of a dues paying union member without having to join the union or pay any dues. So they believe in a free ride (welfare) for non due paying workers on the backs on union members.
    They are against any unions contacting non union members or organizing them in any way.
    They are against unions getting members out to vote.
    They are against any union fund raising.

Other than that they love them.

Okiefreak and scratcho like this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Protect your workers, keep unions strong.

eggsprog, Okiefreak and MeAgain like this.
  8. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I am somewhat Republican and I am also Pro-Union. I am a municipal employee and I belong to one. One other thing, nobody tells me who to vote for.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Yeah and the experience is feeling ripped off when looking at the pay stub and seeing the deduction each week.

10. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Many Reagan Democrats in the early 80's were certainly union members. They didn't even care how much he screwed them. They just know he waved the flag and said "God bless America" which apparently was enough for them too at the time. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

11. MeAgain

Well it depends. My union provides me with free educational courses and grants (while I was working), free and low cost legal service, free liability insurance, low cost mortgages, low cost insurance, consumer discounts, advocacy at the state and national level, and free contract negotiations.

Now that I'm retired I've become a lifetime member, I still have all the above plus I never have to pay dues again and I have the best low cost Medicare supplemental insurance I could get in the state, trust me I know, I checked out every health plan available.

Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Meliai, scratcho and Asmodean like this.
  12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I would have never guessed you were a Republican or libertarian from the posts I have seen you make.

13. MeAgain

I'm not.

scratcho likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was at this gig :)
    Steve Earle talking unions. As he spoke I knew he was going to sing The Mountain, one of my favorite songs.
    "don't let them take your trade unions from you, because it's the only protection you have"

RetiredHippie likes this.
  15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

So in this case it doesn't depend.

16. diesel#

diesel# Members

Yeah, I normally vote Republican and am forced to join a union with my railroad job. Most guys I work with love guns, God, and the military but understand the importance of a labor union in our industry. A lot of them are ex-mil. So we constantly find ourselves battling our beliefs vs job when we go to vote. By job I mean worker’s rights. The economy is doing much better, so at least we have the business we lacked in Obama’s 2nd term. If any candidate was ever pro 2A, labor, military, & smart with the economy they’d win many of us over easily.

I also must say Regean killed our union, and no sitting president since has given us our striking rights back yet. Our unions have since became very corrupt and are in bed with the company, so that in itself has damaged its reputation among many members.

Okiefreak likes this.
  17. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Unions are great for union workers, until their union drives their industry away and they have no job. American unions are the best thing that ever happened to China.

Unions destroy every industry they infect, because greed. We're stuck with them in our essential services; heath care, postal, and teachers. That they have all crippled with excessive and inefficient union administrative offices and ridiculous bureaucracy. Then they disrupt our lives with their fucking strikes for even more money that end up costing us more and more. In actual money and less service, longer waits to see a doctor because they can't afford enough actual doctors after paying all the useless union administrative desk jockeys. Seriously, my hospital doesn't have enough doctors and diagnostic techs and beds... but there's a whole fucking floor of high salary administrative union douche-bags!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Yes, we need to get rid of them, so our workers will have the same pay and living standards as Chinese workers and we can compete!

McFuddy, scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  19. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

What we NEED is a responsible transparent government who protects workers and fair wages. Which we do have here for the most part. We don't need unions driving industry away and protecting overpaid useless members and administrators and making essential services too expensive and inefficient. So yes, we need to fucking eliminate these crooked leaches!

I was in a union once, right up until the company folded because union workers and leaches made it unprofitable. I had to work my ass off around useless assholes for 14 hour shifts, because the company couldn't easily fire useless union assholes. I got a few thousand in severance, hundreds lost their jobs, and the province lost millions and millions. 20 years later there's still empty abandoned buildings from the loss. One of the guys I worked will killed himself, there was one or two others I didn't know so well.

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, right.... That'll happen.