DMT: The Spirit Molecule

Discussion in 'Beat and Hippie Books' started by theprosperone, Nov 12, 2011.

1. theprosperone

theprosperone Member

Anyone read this? Opinions? The film doc?

I've just started the book and am really enjoying it so far. It is nice to hear a doctor talk about psychedelics without having to throw out all the usual stigmas every 10 seconds. I think I'm going to really enjoy this book....

2. LAGoff

LAGoff Member

Yes, I read it. It's an important book. I just don't like the title "spirit". Too vague, not scientific, and a little arrogant.

3. oceanicbliss

oceanicbliss Member

Very interesting read . Hey Goff, you didnt use to be a member of the Lycaeum about 5 or 6 yeas ago did you ?

4. BlaineH

BlaineH Guest

I enjoyed that book, Lots of fun! So you think its "all in their heads"??

The Documentary I thought suffered from trying to appear too "legitimate" or "scientific" or some shit. As if some how the Documentary creators needed to appease the uptight academics who have never done psychedelics by acting like their stuffy asses. Would have been better if they had just kept it real.

5. Beca012

Beca012 Member

Love this book. I've read it in bits and pieces. It's very scientific as they describe different molecules and formulas but the facts provided together with the history introduction is very interesting and all in all it's a great read :)
    The documentary was a disappointment... While the book seems legit, the documentary just shows a bunch of hippies who've tried it once or twice. LOL I guess that qualifies it as a Hippie doc :D

6. 3rdstoneresident

3rdstoneresident Guest

seen the documentary and have just started the book. imspired me to try dmt. the most profound moment of my life so far. cant wait to blast off again

I dont think it matters.if its in our head or not the reaction it generates is tangible and can be realised in reality

7. Peacock25

Peacock25 Member

I haven't read the book but the documentary was amazing. I really enjoyed how thought-provoking it was.

8. 3rdstoneresident

3rdstoneresident Guest

I keep trying to get my friends onto it but no joy yet. I also don't have the words to describe my own experiences. So frustrating!?

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I owned it until my divorce. We gave all the psychedelia books away, as we could not agree on who should have them.
    I was very impressed with how Strausmman built the experiments. And that he got a federal OK.