DIY facials for dry skin

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by shoottherunner, Oct 15, 2007.

1. shoottherunner

shoottherunner Member

I've got really dry skin and sometimes it's very sensitive to certain facial products.However, I found this really great tip on a moisturizing facial.It's really simple and anyone can do it at home, which is perfect for a busy person like me.I rarely have time to treat myself to some TLC.

For this DIY facials, you don’t need a whole lot of culinary skills to whip up one of these straight-from-the-fridge facial masks from Marcia Kilgore, founder of Bliss spas and creator of Target’s new Soap & Glory line. Do it once a week. For all skin types: First wash your face and leave it slightly damp; apply the mask with your fingers or a pastry brush; rinse with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.Mix together one egg yolk, one tablespoon of honey, three tablespoons of olive oil and a quarter of a large avocado, and apply. All of these ingredients are gentle and add softness. The egg yolk feels particularly soothing because it contains cholesterol, a rich substance.

Check out some other great tips at http://www.glamour.com/services/referral?partnerKey=extra3_glm_tipsy to get secrets about beauty, fashion, and fitness. They have a Glamour one month makeover program, so register to get daily tips taht you can share and help make you and your friends look and feel great. Once you register, you will be entered to win a 3 day spa trip to Los Angeles including airfare/hotel.