Divorce?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Carlfloydfan, Apr 6, 2018.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I agree with Deidre, so I wont repeat it all again.

2. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

depends what the wife is like..

you have to either do your best at making it a fair split asset wise...or if you know she going to be a bitch about it you might as well proactively start planning how to hide assets and clear our those bank accounts if she hasnt already

4. Amerijuanican

Amerijuanican Banned

But of course! Women always have options.

5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

A lot depends on the location of the divorce. If there are kids involved. Length of marriage. Assets acquuted after.

If you feel you were at fault, the easiest thing to do is give her everything and walk away. Arguing about what happened and fighting over couches aren't worth it. And the courts don't want to hear it. For the courts it's about how to legally divide assets. If she has them all, it's very easy.

If at all possible, settle it between yourselves and file an agreement for the courts. Cheaper, quicker, and more friendly than all the other options.

6. Amerijuanican

Amerijuanican Banned

That's what I did, it's quick and done. I was already moved out anyway, and had what I needed so, no need to fuss. Done and gone, new chapter in life.