Divination: condemned by God

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by thefutureawaits, May 24, 2018.

1. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

With this line of thought. It makes our lives pre planned. According to this scripture, it is not liked by God

Deuteronomy 18:10-12
    10 There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit mediumf or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable practices Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You know what? This doesn't matter to anyone who doesn't believe what you do.

If they believe as you do then they are already in agreement with you.

If they don't believe as you do then they don't care.

I have found that people who aren't hung up on scripture and dogma don't regard it highly enough to even debate about it.

3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

4. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Ok

5. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

As for astrology which is a form of divination that holds that the stars, the moon, and the planets significantly influence the lives of people on earth. Astrologers claim that the position of these celestial bodies at the time of one’s birth shapes his or her personality and future which would mKe a persons life pre determined.

6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

And that’s not liked by God, you’re saying? Or you’re saying that the Bible is saying?

7. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I am saying what the bible is saying.

8. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

My beliefs are bible based

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Well, naturally. The Bible paints a portrait of a God who is very petty and blatantly jealous and threatened by such things.

This is one of the reasons I question a lot of the Bible. I could never accept the fact that an all powerful and all mighty being could simultaneously be so small and petty. It doesn't add up.

I just strive to be Christlike.

Deidre likes this.
  10. Man, if everyone followed the Bible this world would be so dull, so dull. I do not particularly believe in the God of the Bible, Jehova. It seems like back in those times they had a lot of people who were being human, you know, doing weird shit...laws were probably being broken, rape and incest and all, and they looked for many different scapegoats to try and explain why they couldn't keep control and were just like, every time they found a scapegoat, "Jehova doesn't like you." It must have been nice to be a priest or a rabbi and the blame was never on you, 'cause all you did was absolutely nothing in the name of God.

IMO the godhead is all inclusive. I don't think God wants a boring old world. The diversity is a testament to the complexity of God. The soul is not just one color, one size fits all. If it were, it would take the spark out of life. People should stop complaining and be happy there are so many different avenues of thought open to them.

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

There came a whirlwind , and I lost my hat . So I chatted with the Oracle Wheel about
    this perplexing and sad loss . It said something happy - of a hat in the light - just wait .
    Next day I looked everywhere . Then in the night came another wind , and the hat came
    back .

My Oracle is made of baby babble words . My only intention in making it though was to
    create a dictionary device for the children's language . I've also made some games for
    it - one is entitled Grandma's Finger .

The language and it's wheel are as honorable as speaking-in-tongues , and divine words
    may as well be ever-day casual . Oh , the Glory .

I think the Rabbi should be consulted about the meanings of ancient bible passages . And
    just one Rabbi ; gathered together they argue on and on .

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Do God a favour. Don't bother him today.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Sorcerers? Spells? Talking to dead people? Why does the God of the bible worry about this nonsense? Can you imagine what the world would be like today if He had instead warned us of the evils of racism, sexism, warfare, environmental destruction and so on? Is he myopic?

14. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

These days I'm suspicious of invisible and god-like govt psychologists
    practicing a wizardry of mass mind-control . This is your warning , but
    who can stand against the Beast ?

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Elucidation please.

16. storch

storch banned

Another beast. In other words, another illusion. The question is: Who can stand against illusions?

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've Doubts about my parenting abilities and don't have children but probably if I do like, I wouldn't make them walk through fire hey.

Just me though. :)

18. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

That's a decent way to put it .
    To stand against illusion , hmm ...it must be an art . Philosophy is a strength .

19. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If you want to know what a god thinks, then ask him.

If you want to know what King James thought, read his Bible.

20. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

A what-ness of thinking could almost be materialistic. When one holds the word of god , well , it seems round
    like an orb . To translate that feeling into 'itsa basketball' is just silly if not ornery .

Aerianne likes this.