Distinguishing the truth, is it ever possible?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Lewis378, Sep 3, 2013.

1. moxyisafishy

moxyisafishy Guest

I think that lsd really does expand your mind in a way that can be seriously positive.
    I have found after taking it that I now appreciate tribal music, I now often stop to admire clouds, architecture and interesting objects.

It gave me a sense of being part of a greater something and thats awesome.

I did a large amount of meditation as a child and i must say that my meditations these days make much more sense with an expanded mind.

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

LSD doesn't "give" anything ,except to present opportunities/possibilities. It ALLOWS one to see through and suspend (hopefully), ones own learned social behavior for a time and in my experience, to really 'SEE' oneself and the world around one, without most of the the social constraints by which we live. That ones self- revealed past and contemporary behavior is or may be deleterious to ones continued view of and continued actions in the exterior world they've experienced, is a decent result to SEEK. Change can follow. Garbage in-garbage out gets a big kick in the ass, if one is diligent. If you're lucky, you'll step through a door of perception, as it were, and the door will shut behind you and disappear, never to present again.

3. Desos

Desos Senior Member

can lsd help one perceive truth? yes. can lsd cause delusion? yes. it's important to distinguish between the two.

4. 0nelove

0nelove Member

Psychedelics can be like a flash, for a moment, they seem to illuminate the obvious (what you are calling truth).

However to really self-shine in self-illumination of the truth (that is, you simply are/know the truth without any outside help / products) you need to have your own mind introspect and experience it's own non-existence. This is not meditation per se.

Meditation is practice. You are honing your mind to be more tranquil and more focused. The more tranquil and calm the mind, the better the focus. The better the focus, the more clear and tranquil the mind. This cycle repeats.

The truth IS. That is to say, it simply and always is. It is obvious. It is not something to be figured out or thought about, it is something that you realize.

Drugs can be a catalyst to inspire you to seek that state, or to remain in a higher state. Drugs can not be the end because drugs work through the mind (which is in and of itself the limiter).

5. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

This^^^:cheers2: