Dissenter from Gab

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by 6-eyed shaman, Mar 1, 2019.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

No biggie
    Just downloaded the Dissenter Browser :cool:

[​IMG]

Orison likes this.
  2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

One in five Americans insist the sun revolves around the earth, while over half debate the definition of stupid and who is the best example, and claim to have had the finest education on the planet. Thankfully, we still have the freedom to blow up our TVs, thankfully we still have the freedom to tell idiots their votes no longer matter, thankfully we still have the freedom to keep our passports up to date. It should be possible to rank all 50 states according to the odds you will die there within a year, by simply punching in your income in a search engine, but you should be able to check for religion or whatever as well. I'll have to think about that, but it could be the next big thing is everyone migrating around the country to avoid each other.

Americans move every five years on the average, but flying cars coming on the market are sure to change the whole real estate landscape. Instead of a white or black neighborhood, the suburbs can expand into the wilderness and allow people to avoid each other more often. Then we can plan a migratory route in a circle around the country.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    AnAussieChef likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The title of this thread reminds me a metal song I can't put my finger on. Like Rammstein but not. It's like... Im worried it'll never come to me..

Its like I know how it goes but I don't know the words so I can't search them. It's definitely what I would call industrial. It's metal but with techno lol. I think that's industrial?

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  4. wooleeheron

For only $39.95 I can give you something different to worry about.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No thx. I have no clue hey. I'll be 60 years old when I hear it again and be like that's it! That's the song!

6. wooleeheron

The song remains the same, time is on my side.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Don't really care strongly enough to create a separate thread discussing this video but I find this an interesting development, somewhat related to the topic. I only watched the video once and was kind of multi-tasking, so my description might slighly misrepresent some of the details but should highlight the gist of the video.

Gab has apparently "federated" and joined a decentralized left-leaning social media node. Apparently Gab is bringing a lot of traffic, moreso than any other social media group on the node. Due to decentralization, the main node cannot kick Gab off but is encouraging people to block them.

I find this a very interesting conundrum in hacker ethics, which I mentioned earlier in the thread.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Gab is currently under construction of some sort right now it doesn't seem to be working at all. You can't find stuff hashtagging. But the home page and just streaming like a Twitter would is not active.

what's funny is I see that creating accounts on all these multiple platforms is some sort of skynet.. which I am guilty of .

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't have Gab, but I find some of the implications of this stuff interesting.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

Gab is like the 4chan of Twitter. Once you block all the shitposters and racists for trills.its not to bad a submedia site. Infancy it was all right. It's not going to be able to compete if it's garbage full of shit posters.

Parlor is super right leaning atm. So they are just in a circle jerk talking to themselves..

Twitter seems to be the same place you just gather the same type of activity and you can block all those people that you don't want to hear from ..

as funny as it seems crazy though places like hip forum all these other websites boards are actually the shell of the internet. Where actual discussion goes on.. no character limits..

11. 6-eyed shaman

I'm waiting for these alternative social media sites to become less political, and more business and socially oriented. Once that happens, Silicone Valley is toast.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't follow how you establish that, I think this notion of Silicon Valley companies being "oppressive" or whatever you want to call it is because they are so business oriented.

13. 6-eyed shaman

To clarify, I am talking about when the user base of these alternative social media sites become less political. Right now when you go to platforms like Gab and Minds, most of the discussions are about news and politics. Not much in the way of entertainment, and businesses promoting themselves. These non-mainstream platforms still feel like the darker corners of the internet because certain topics are allowed to be discussed without censorship. This is where they are strong, but they are lacking in other areas of discussion.

Once the masses begin to enjoy alternative social media sites more, then the oligarchs will deteriorate.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

Political discussion on the web only ranks around 3% the usa population.. tech giants are not as big as we believe they are. most site users are interfacing one on one with another. much like some yinz do here. connect on the sideline, fuck this right/left discussion. am I right..