Disney Hopes Raised By New Star Wars Trilogy.

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Ged, Nov 9, 2017.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

I liked the BB8 robot..

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Slight annoying vs the most annoying cgi character ever - jar jar.

The similarities between Force Awakens and New Hope were just to bet on a sure thing, get us into the new characters, dont think we are going to see the same thing with Last Jedi. New characters are now established they dont have to copy stories for familiarity..

Im biased, but I think this next movie is going to be a cracker, and unlike the original series this cast has some real acting chops.

Boyega heads the Pacific rim sequel as well, it will be interesting to see if he alone can hold that, make it not as camp as the first movie.

Its not really disney anyway, its Kathleen Kennedy, who did a lot of Spielbergs stuff, shes the one really running this show

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Or the short version, anything will be better than the friggin prequel trilogy

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I disagree. They have to do their best to make something better... otherwise it will be worse. And yes, it could be far far worse than episode 1, 2 & 3.
    Happily I have good hopes they really do their best. I'm sure the new movies will remain entertaining for me: look great, stay for the most part true to the setting and will keep having disappointing main storylines (but how its told, the setting, action, characters, subplots, lore etc make that all bearable).

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I said something earlier in the thread and as VG points out, it turns out it is completely false. The BB-8 droid was not CGI. https://jalopnik.com/the-new-star-wars-droid-is-not-cgi-so-how-does-it-wor-1698461524

I still don't like that cutesy element being in a Star Wars film. Sure, R2 and C3PO were quirky too, but it sort of feels like it's not the same thing. Some of you probably have similar feelings about Jar Jar. I feel like it doesn't have a place in the Star Wars universe. Like it's targeted to a very young audience, and that it sort of ruined parts of the film for anyone over, say, age 8! :)

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

LOL nerds....

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Im going to be such a little fanboy come 15th December, probably watch it three times first week

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Im sure Spike channel or something will air Star Wars all day during Thanksgiving.

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I've changed my mind. I love Star Wars. Can't wait to see the new ones. Pink fluffy bunnies. It's all good. Well it'd better be. Otherwise it's all bad. Oh well. Never mind.

10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

In 1937, Walt Disney started work on Fantasia. It took a team of about 50 animators 3 years to draw the pictures and the soundtracks consumed more than 3 million feet of film. Despite its age, Fantasia still fills theaters today and when I opened a version where we restored the soundtracks lost in the second word war, It filled a major London theater for more than 6 months. It is still one of the highest grossing films in the world.
    77 years later, Disney offer us a remake of star wars. If Walt was alive today. he would die of shame.
    LOOK.!!!!! More than 3 million views for this short excerpt alone!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I love Star wars but am not such a fanboy i'm losing my shit over a new movie. I just saw Rogue one last month for the first time. I think its been out for a year? A lot of the new stuff still makes it easier to dislike the whole franchise, than increase my overall love for it (which was hard to do anyway because i LUV the classic trilogy and overall setting. But still: im a critical fan)

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

I dislike the cluttered space battles. To many ships and zip zoom bangs, enough to give anyone a seizure..

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Chewie is the next hollywood sexual assaulter

Orison likes this.
  15. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Won't be the same w/o Carrie Fisher.

But I'm a Star Wars fan, I'll watch them all.

16. jesss

jesss Members

I am also a fan! Will watch for sure

17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

It's okay. I was just in anti mood. I mean all that Disney mentality crap. I can get into it sometimes, but there's always a darker story. The flipside. I can get into Hollywood blockbusters when I'm in the mood, but generally prefer art house, European and World cinema.

18. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

They're cloning the entire cast as we speak. Walt's in charge (Disney's no longer on ice in that cryogenic chamber) and wants to make a sequel to Shampoo, so Carrie will be leaving for "The Island" soon enough!

magickman likes this.
  19. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I worked for Disney back in the 90s. It was miserable much of the time. For all the joy and "magic" on the guest side, back stage it was an inverse experience of punishing management, snide, surly union stewards and my job site number was 666 (Pecos Bill's). Oh, and most of the cast men's rooms had peep holes drilled in all over the place.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor