Disney Hopes Raised By New Star Wars Trilogy.

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Ged, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Disney is riding high on projected new Star Wars sequence. Who exactly is Disney? And what do they look like when their hopes are raised? A grim picture in my opinion. Selling false future fantasy projections of a naive and simplistic good versus evil to an already pre-bamboozled future generation. Am I being a killjoy, or is it time to call time on this franchise.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Bring on episodes X,XI,XII

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Okay. You may have your wish. It's not under my control. And I wouldn't want to deprive anyone of their viewing pleasure. But why is it VG, that you pooh pah all supposed mumbo jumbo and magical thinking in the REAL World, like astrology, but are willing to entertain nonsense like the "Force" in your fantasy entertainment.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They should just make a carbon copy of the original star wars but make it new...oh wait .

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Get ready for Disney's greatest Jedi Mind trick yet

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Is it real? Or IS IT?

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

brand recognition .. /New Hope, Empire and ROTJ all I really cared for. Ive watched the others but not really impressed. I suppose the models, wire and puppets are better than the cgi. Like when Yoda was doing all those flips and shit.... so lame. I did enjoy the Millennium Falcon and star destroyer crash sites. Finn was funnier than I thought hed be .

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Errrrr, because its fantasy

Astrology doesnt have cool lightsaber fights and tie fighters, just extremely vague paragraphs at the back of newspapers

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's clear you're not a fan. Star wars is set in a time long ago in a galaxy far far away. It has nothing to do with future fantasy. It's not Star trek ;)

pensfan13 likes this.
  10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I thought that the CGI droid was a really bad move in Force Awakens. That felt totally "Disney" to me.. like having something be Mickey Mouse and Star Wars at the same time, if that makes any sense. I can handle Disney, but I don't want it in my Star Wars! [​IMG]

That said, I recently watched Rogue One and really enjoyed it. "I am one with the force, the force is with me"! :sunglasses:

magickman likes this.
  11. I already revealed what really happened. Our whole culture doesn't have the balls or the vision to tell the truth. Rogue One was good...the new trilogy? Good luck making Snopes scary. He looks fucking stupid, and ya'all can't fix that for obvious reasons.

12. Asmodean

Agreed 100%! Besides, nothing works like that droid in the classic SW universe. It makes R2 looks old. Pretty stupid imo and unneeded. But yeah, it didn't ruin the movie by a long shot

13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I remember the first three movies being on TV all the time when I was growing up. But, meh, I never got into them. I'm not a sci-fi or fantasy person at all.

That being said, they have an endearing legacy and a dedicated fanbase. If Disney wants to make more, more power to them

14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I really don't know why I start these stupid threads. They're dumb and now I feel stupid too. I really don't care how many Star Wars films are made, who watches them and the nefarious designs of Disney. All I know is you can now buy toy Star Wars drones for kids, they have also taken over Lego, and it's all a basically incorporated crapshoot.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It annoys me that people my age are so into it. Dude, that's not our era, and I don't care how special the effects were for their time, they're old and lame and we have Predator & Terminator.

16. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Disney....and Star Wars? Jeezus....hmmm

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

??? the droid wasnt cgi, was an actual robot

The mini version sold like hotcakes the world over

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Bunch of whiney so and sos in this thread

Star wars is awesome and Disney has made it better

19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm surprised because I thought it looked so fake! Ok.

20. Asmodean

Star wars is awesome indeed, but Disney has not made it better lol

About that round droid: im pretty sure its cgi half the time in the movie. But regardless of that, the way it moves and expresses itself is slightly annoying.