discouraging parents

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by ayahuasca, Jun 22, 2006.

1. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

how do i deal with parents who discourage my going barefoot? i left the house today without any shoes, and my mother yelled at me to get some shoes on. she says it's because she doesn't want me to get hurt, but i think that should be my decision and my responsibilty. what can i tell her to help her to accept that i'm not going to wear shoes?

2. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I'd leave the house with shoes on and throw them in some bushes afterwards. When it's time for you to go back home, go back and get your shoes and socks before you walk in the door.

She will never know.

3. MadEyeMoody

MadEyeMoody Member

last night same happend to me and se was like ill kill ur aunt she got u brain washed she made u go bare footed but she breaked and let me go and i sad u let me go coz u
    spread peace and love so it koght u to

4. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

I'd tell mom that I will be fine barefoot then keep on truckin .. and as you said it is your decision and responsibility.

5. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

haha, that's a good idea Barefoot-boy. if she won't accept it, that's definitely plan B. :D
    i try telling her i'll be fine, i watch where i'm stepping, yaddayadda..she just doesn't seem to understand. oh well, she will in time. thanks for the advice guys. :)

peace&love

6. Footers

Footers Member

You might try wearing flip flops outside and the minute you are out of your mom's site, take them off...just carry them with you...they don't weigh much...lol

7. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

yeah, that's true. i need to get some flip flops first, maybe i could even make some...

8. honeyfugle

honeyfugle pumpkin

thats the spirit. :H

i had the same problem with my parents... they still dont like it, but its not their decision how i go around y'know? do what feels right for you, and not someone else.

9. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

exactly. :) thanks for all the encouragement, guys!

10. hipmom

hipmom Member

When my daughter gets in trouble at school because of being barefoot, she wears long bellbottom jeans that cover her bare feet. When schools out she rolls the bottoms up and turns the pants into capris to expose her feet.

11. Morning Myst

Morning Myst Member

You could also tell your mom that if you do get hurt (which is unlikely), she'll then have an excuse to yell at you and tell you how right she was and how wrong you were...:p