Disco

Discussion in 'Music' started by backtothelab, May 8, 2004.

1. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I'm probably gonna get my ass eaten out for this, but I really like disco.
    I can never find any though. I like instrumental stuff, but everything i find has vocals. I can't really ask around, most kids won't even go near music like that, so im here. Are there any disco fans here who could recomend something like an instrumental, possibly live disco band? Or at least something like it.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Usually the people who mock disco (or any particular type of music) are the ones who know nothing about it, they only think they do.

3. backtothelab

was i mocking disco?

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Um, no. Did I say you were?

I was responding to your comment about being chewed out by people for liking disco. That's all.

5. backtothelab

Cool, sorry for the misinterpretation then. I agree though, it's the same with techno, society has to have it's stereotypes.

6. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

i like a lot of disco. i dont see why it gets such a bad rap. i really like to listen to it while driving.

7. aeshna5

aeshna5 Member

Some good instrumental stuff on Philly. Check out TSOP by MFSB, brilliant track with some non-lyric vocals at end; probably still available on Philadelphia compilation. An awful lot of crap came out as disco (eg. DISCO by Ottowan), but there were many fine classic tunes. As jazzsinger Cleo Laine once said: there's only 2 types of music, good + bad!

Van McCoy + Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra also made some fine cuts.

8. backtothelab

thx, ill check'em out

9. peacegal

peacegal Member

I like disco. The songs aren't deep and challenging, but they are fun. I like serious music sometimes and light, upbeat music at other times.
    I think someone is simply being pretentious if they think you can never listen to music just for the fun of it.
    Plus, I love to dance, and let's face it, disco is some of the best music to dance to.

10. sassure

sassure Member

The Disco Kandi series and the Twisted Disco series are pretty interesting compilations, but they all pretty much have vocals.....

Disco itself is dance music, and there's a lot of good in that. Those who trash disco are really against the materialism and the shallow yuppies who emerged in the 70s, and then took over the limelight. The music was certainly not to blame.

11. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I like disco, and there's nothing wrong with liking it. I do love dance music, and many disco tunes are good to dance to.

12. FunkyConguero

FunkyConguero Member

disco aint bad, its just not my style. i got no beef with it
    BUT, i was once told that it's been scientifically proven to cause homosexuality in lab rats. i dont know if this is true, i just thought it to be an interesting little factoid

13. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

I love disco like you won't believe!