Disassemble the US government.

Discussion in 'Protest' started by skip, Feb 11, 2007.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Hey, PR, thanks for that video link. I watched the whole thing. Very well done.

I really like the LIST at the end of the film of things we can do. I wonder if that list is posted on his site.

Everyone here should view this film in its entirety (about an hour & a half).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312730277175242198&q=America%3A+Freedom+to+Fascism&hl=en

then go to the website:
    http://freedomtofascism.com/

The guy, Aaron Russo is calling for MASS civil disobedience. Including the end of the Federal Reserve system.

He's also call for everyone to refuse the National Id card among other things.

The first part of the movie is all about how there is no law saying that workers must pay tax on their "income" because "income" was defined by the Supreme Court as a profit from business, not labor. (among other reasons)

Lots of interesting quotes from those who setup the current banking & currency system about their intentions for it (new world order, etc.).

I do believe that since the 2004 elections the American public is starting to wake up to what is happening around them, and sent a strong message that things must change in Congress in the 2006 elections.

But apparently there is really NO CHANGE going on, and it's gonna take a major response by THE PEOPLE to shake things up, cause the disease has spread too far, and the prognosis for the people of America, nay the people of the WORLD, is very sad indeed.

Unfortunately for the people in the rest of the world who see American bases in their countries, who see American planes flying overhead everyday, who have American warships in their harbors, there is NO WAY that they can change that themselves. Or perhaps by attacking the World Trade Center, they made their first attempt at doing what WE SHOULD BE DOING, but haven't the guts to do...

2. 8eyedspy

8eyedspy Member

el drippy,
    There's plenty of passion to go round, just use it towards positive results ok?
    If you degrade into rants and personal attacks you will be just what the system ordered. Nothing will ever get accomplished by such actions.
    Did you read the entire opening statement of Skip's thread? If the federal government buckles, then the state governments will take over and we the people would have more say and more control. If that system doesn't work then we have to go further down the road. We have to do something more than talk...agreed?
    Now that there are links up to get more information, mebbe go and see what is going on? I plan on checking it out later. Peace.

8I

3. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Jeeze Skip was what he had to say all that bad? By banning him you kind limit the type of exchange you'll get from the rest of us. Hell I wouldn't want to get on your bad side. You seem to have your own brand of homeland security here at HipForums.

Sorry if I overstepped.
    Pat

4. Elijah

Elijah Member

everyone wants to blame all of the world's problems on america, yet not blame anyone who acts in a complicit manner to what our federal government does. yeah we take and we take and we take but we americans also give a lot too. we're one of the most charitable countries on earth. everyone expects us to give when someone else has a major crises or disaster. but when we have a major crises or natuiral disaster everyone scatters as far away from us as possible. we gave a shitload of money to africa and still do every year. we gave a lot when the tsunamis hit asia in recent times. yet not a single wealthy foreign land gave us a fucking dime when we had the midwest flood of 1993, nor were they exactly known for their charity when hurricane katrina struck. though we do stick our noses in everyone else's buisness so i can see reason for why everyone else being upset at us. it's so much more convient to meddle in foreign affairs that we really don't have any buisness being involved in than to deal with our own problems.

5. gardener

I do feel there should be revisions to election law. The electoral college thing needs to be rethought before the next election. I would have thought it would have been a major interest for Americans in the 2004 election, but it seemed to have slid by. And Bush interests profited again with election machine technology. That made sense didn't it?

Why not try and force it now that there is a democratic majority?

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0225-05.htm

Perhaps this is a much more important issue than the war in Iraq.

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

yaya , let's revise the u.s. constitution ! the first step is to delete parts that are no longer relevant . for example , the 'citizenry housing soldiers' article .

then to the tough work : the present document weaknesses .

foreign relations ? defending national interests ? the old ways are becoming troublesome in a nuclear age .

be assured , there is some support in congress for enacting a constitutional convention . the actuality , though , is first carried on here . master secretary , please order the meeting of honored self-elected delegates Open .

7. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Considering the people who are in power and (therefore) who would be involved in revising the constitution, I am very very very worried about the revising the document that (supposedely) runs this country and (supposedly) protects my rights. No revision of the constitution will decrease the power of those who are now in power. (Because they will be doing the revision.)

This has nothing to do with whether those people are good or evil. The good people will want to keep their existing power (so they can do good things) the evil people will want to keep their power so they can use it the way that they want to.

8. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

mikee , just trying is good enough . things change in the trying . the constitution is a tangible focus for just now ....

9. skip

So lemme get this straight now...

I defend everyone's right to free speech without insult or intimidation, and I'm accused of being a fascist.

Oh gee, I never heard THAT ONE before... :banghead:

BTW, he was only banned for a short time, but once he came back under another identity he was permanently banned as is our policy.

End of banned discussion (discussing the banned is a forum guideline violation).

10. skip

BTW, I'm surprised no one has picked up yet on my statement about how if we disassemble the US government, WE THE PEOPLE will no longer have foreign enemies.

Shouldn't that matter to everyone who thinks we NEED the gov't to DEFEND us?

When in fact it is ONLY the US gov't, NOT WE THE PEOPLE, who are creating all these enemies, out of thin air, creating the "need" for us to go to war after war...

Get rid of the US gov't and you get rid of all the reasons people want to harm us.

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

sure the govt is useless , just like a grocery store is to gardener .

12. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

SOME VERY GOOD POINTS FOR CONSIDERATION. WE ARE UNABLE TO FINANCIALLY SUSTAIN THIS OVERLARGE GOVERMENT.

13. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

I just lost a little faith in this countries ability to overcome the last six years and move past the lies, reading this little thread on the ESPN Boards.

Can you believe some people? I think i saw one nice post in seven pages. I think it was page 4:
    http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=ncaa&id=ncb&tid=523665&lid=100

There are STILL so many people who believe what they are told, do as they are told and yell at others points of views. To many are still caught up in the left/right BS.

like this gem from page 3:

"yeah I own a diner, whats your point? I spew hate about people all the time?? WTF, like I am with you?? How does that make me a bigot?? My best friend is black, my other friends are Turks and Mexicans as well as pasty white generic white Italians and Germans. All my Mexicans are legal with SS numbers and speak English....not that I have to prove anything to you....but WTF. Typical of Liberals making pointless and false assucations with absolutely zero merit. Im more American than you can ever hope for....and Im 35, and was born and raised here. I take serious offense to people calling me unAmerican, when you Liberals are the ones going to other countries, like the Dixie Chicks, and putting down our own country. FFS, get a clue."

trust me, it gets good. you should see the BS people spew.

14. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Yup, agree with losing the feds, nope, disagree with all the hate spewing. But it means absolutely nothing. It's like talking about the weather and how to change it. Ain't gonna happen, not in this lifetime. "We" are like a potter with a lump of clay. The clay is argued over as to how to shape it. The clay is molded and remolded within the confines of what is normally acceptable as a pot. It never occurs to anybody to throw away the clay and build a pot out of something else... Or stop building pots altogether and make something else.

And even if it does occur to some, then it's like small children playing with a toy. They argue over it, they take it from each other, they smack each other and cry, and some run away. But the toy still exists and there is always some other child who will take it.

It is totally absurd to think that a small handful of people can or should be running a place this big. How does anyones vote count? Like a needle in a haystack. How can any one person have a voice when everybody is yelling?

I think change must be on a personal level. Work with what is at hand. Educate your neighbors. SET AN EXAMPLE.

Why are there so few who are activists who gain fame thru the media? Because folks don't do ENOUGH of the things that it takes. Remember how OUTRAGEOUS alot of people got in the 60's? So many of those outrageous things have become accepted now days, that they don't have the same effect as they did then. We need to discover many more and different creative ways to be VISIBLE in this sea of humanity we are drowning in. It is amazing what just one or two people can put together if they work at it. As long as they make themselves a visible as possible, and whatever they are trying to accomplish has an effect on the largest number of people as possible. AND become your own news reporter. Write your own news articles and submit them to as many different media outlets as possible. Don't wait for someone else to do the work for you.

Live your life as you think it should be and don't be afraid to speak the truth. And don't be afraid to go outside the box.

15. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes. And if we all believe in fairys (real hard), Tinkerbell will save us.

The people in power have that power because they sought it, they like it and they are good at getting it. They will be in power under any system.

I see three responses to inappropiate use of power:
    1) Join them. "Let's have a revolution and we'll be in charge."
    2) oppose them "Hell No! We won't go!", "No warden, I won't eat until you stop reading our mail."
    3) Ignore them. "yeah, I saw the cop car. Pass that joint over here"

I think that a lot people on the Poltics forum are aiming at #1.

16. gardener

How does staying away and not taking an active role in your country's government prove that nothing can be accomplished through our current representative government. What that accomplished was it allowed others to control the direction of the government without any response or input from you at a time when had there been more revolt against the direction being taken by those in power, perhaps some of what you resent may not have been allowed to take place.

17. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

the iowa legislature has just voted 93-0 to amend the state constitution ; removing the words 'idiot' and 'insane' from the document .

18. gardener

What was the purpose of this ammendment?

19. gardener

If this is what it refers to:

Who is deemed qualified to list people as mentally incompetent? Will it be based on a pyschiatrist diagnosis?

20. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

... likely all who are institutionalized as such or under a court-ordered guardianship . too bad . they'd vote for me , huh ?