Disassemble the US government.

Discussion in 'Protest' started by skip, Feb 11, 2007.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

It's time to disassemble the US government.

The US government has become a target for those who hate what it is doing, what it stands for, and those who run it. And that’s just domestically. Around the world the US government is both hated and feared. It’s become a symbol of corporate imperialism, military hegemony, wanton greed, resource exploitation, disregard for human rights and the environment, in short, a symbol for what’s wrong with this world.

When it first began, the US was an idealistic union which sought to incorporate the best democratic principles clearly demonstrated by the first real democracy in the world, the Iroquois federation whose principles were adopted by our country’s founders and enshrined in our constitution.

Of course these were wealthy slave owners who setup the United States of America, so equality was never foremost in their minds, unless you were rich and white. This is not the democracy the Iriquois had (which gave everyone, including women equal rights!) More than 200 years later, there are so many Americans still struggling for equality and trying to lift themselves out of poverty. Our system has failed to deliver on the promises.

At this point, the US government has become far more of a burden to the people living within its borders and those living on this planet, than our founders ever imagined.

I submit it is time we disassemble the US government. I’m not calling for a revolution. Nothing of the sort. In fact, we already have in place, that which will replace it: state governments. Yes, we need the US government to be replaced by the state governments. No more federal system.

Not only will we be rid of the greatest threat to ourselves and mankind, but we will finally be able to live the way we choose, without one leader telling the rest of the country what to think and do.

Those who would do America harm, will be completely without an enemy! So we no longer need fear terrorists. We will no longer have a national army, so all our troops will come home and bases will be closed around the world. The rest of the world will breathe a sigh of relief as we will no longer threaten them, nor their way of life.

So we will immediately save the Trillions being spent on the huge bureaucracy, endless wars, bribes, kickbacks, etc.. We’ll stop having to pay billions in subsidies to big corporations who’ll now have to deal with the REAL marketplace, as it should be.

As soon as the federal system is disassembled, the states will take over all the federal responsibilities. They’ll have to raise taxes a bit to cover the extra services they’ll be providing, but the infrastructure is already there, so there isn’t a big need for so much money, which will now be in YOUR pocket, for you to spend – yes! No more federal tax!

Our states all have National Guard troops who will now come home from Iraq and help secure state borders. So our national military is now unnecessary. States that border other countries may choose to invest more in border security than other states.

Now every state can decide without federal interference what kind of society it wants to create. They’ll be free of the federal laws that dictated so much. If they want to make abortion legal or illegal, that will be the choice of the people in that state. Likewise immigration, gay marriage, marijuana, gambling, or any other "vice". They can outlaw it or make it legal.

Then people can decide which state best meets their own social needs, morality, or whatever is important to them. You’ll be able to choose your “own way of life” without having Washington dictate that to you.

States will then be free to form whatever alliances with other states or nations that they choose. Each one will be able to pursue an independent path, that benefits its residents.

There could still be some kind of “national” pact where, say for security, the states all cooperate to defend each other should the need arise. And if we keep the dollar as currency we’d need to keep that centralized. We might even be able to do away with the Federal Reserve!

So there would no longer be a federal gov’t spying on us, keeping records on us. Those would be destroyed. The FBI, CIA, NSA, Pentagon would all be history!

How do we put this into effect? We do what Congress should be doing, but is impotent to do. They want to cut off funding for Iraq, but can’t put that simple request from the American people into action. So we just cut off all funding for Congress. That’ll not only end the war, it will end the government. We just stop paying federal taxes, and the gov’t will collapse in short order.

We then open the treasury and return our Social Security money back to those who put it in. They can then either transfer it to their new State SS system, or invest or spend it as they choose. At least we get something before the whole mess collapses.

We then wipe out the Federal deficit, by declaring the US gov’t bankrupt and out of business.

While this may seem like treason to some, it’s really not. Because if we have a gov’t of the people, by the people, and for the people, and it no longer represents the will of the people, then it is our duty to shut it down! Our state gov'ts already provide the most basic needs of the people.

The US gov’t has been run like a corporate business since Bush took over. Profits are the main motivation for our gov’t’s actions, regardless of the effect upon the people. But it is now a failed business (like all Dubya's businesses). Far too deep in debt, fighting imagined and self-created enemies half-way ‘round the planet, our gov’t has lost all sense of priority and human decency in its quest for profits for American business.

Our state governments are far better suited to represent the needs of their citizens than a government who sees war as the only answer to every problem it can't deal with.

Now is the time for all good men to shut down their country! Then we can once again live in peace!

2. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Sorry but I live in California where the Governator has been installed. I'd rather take my chances with the Constitution of the US than the state constitution.

3. skip

Dunno, at this point I'd take Ahnold over Bush anyday. The state constitution and most of the laws in California I support. So I'll stay here, gardener, you'll have to find another state, I suppose.

In fact, imagine we no longer have the feds breathing down our necks. I know in my area it'll mean that ppl like Eddy Lepp can once again grow 32,000 mj plants without fear.

I'd guess within a year we'd have legalized mj in California, cause MOST ppl smoke it here.

You also gotta realize that much of the states constitutions were dictated by the need to comply with federal regulations. Get rid of those, and you'll see far more freedom as a result!

Gardner, tell me, what has your federal gov't done for YOU lately?

I know the state has improved the main road I use. It monitors the environment I live in (i can see an EPA superfund site from my window, but NOTHING has been done with it in 100 years!).

The state allows me medical marijuana, the federal gov't would put me in jail for it.

The state prohibits cigarette smoking in most public places, while the federal gov't subsidizes tobacco companies!

The state provides medical care to everyone, regardless of income, and will soon have a new law where everyone gets health insurance. The feds can't even come up with a proposal on Health care anymore.

This state has the world's most strict environmental and vehicle pollution standards, the feds have a LONG way to catch up.

This state will soon pass a global warming law that will require automakers who sell cars in the state to have much higher gas mileage. Again the feds are way behind.

Our federal gov't has become a HINDRANCE to our well-being as well as the planet's well being. And for THAT reason alone it should be terminated, with prejudice!

4. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Can't support that. Sorry. Watched as my state lived through deregulation of energy and utilities. Watched as the wealthy republicans forced their agenda down our throats. Our only recourse was through constitutional law. Take that away and the rich will win over all.

We are forced to purchase insurance for our autos, and soon we will be forced to purchase health insurance. Who wins...only the insurance companies and those they fund with their lobbying dollars. Our kids are forced to wear helmets when they bike, we are forced to smog our autos through state sponsored smog shops. HMOs were touted as reducing health care costs. Watched as three strikes was instituted and prisons were privatized. Drug laws made property rights nonexistant when local governments claimed rights to assets robbed from individuals under the drug czar laws.

Who really won those? All these things were supposedly meant to reduce personal costs, but did they.

5. skip

You know what gardener, those items you mentioned are really NOTHING, when you look at what's going on in Britain. They are pioneering the Nanny state. They make California look like it's still the wild, wild west. I believe the fascists are first doing the UK because it's easier to pass and implement national socially restrictive laws there than in the US, but mark my words, nearly every plan they put in place in the UK will soon be implemented here.

You forget ONE BIG important difference about California, which makes it the MOST democratic state in the USA. Here in CA, the PEOPLE can make law. And indeed they have. Just look at prop 215 (the law that legalized medical marijuana). We can also recall our legislators here. So if you don't like it, you can change it.

I'm very much against the three strikes law. But realize that was mostly a boon to the Prison Industry who lobbied for it. That is a NATIONAL lobby. Imagine the END of national lobbying. In CA the people could BAN lobbying if they wanted.

We now have the technology to put in place a TRUE Democracy, run by the people if we want. We shouldn't just have electronic voting, we should have ONLINE voting! In fact we should be pioneering an online gov't. Let the people decide EVERYTHING!

There has been a big surreptious movement to keep these innovations at bay, so those in power can continue to control the masses. But in reality we are as free as we choose to be. Unless we are freed from the ever-invasive, ever-oppressive federal gov't we will never have true freedom or democracy.

I think the federal gov't will soon be obsolete anyway. Just like newspapers are becoming. If we can put democracy online, just like newpapers, we won't need someone to govern for us, we'll do it ourselves.

BTW Gardner, still waiting to findout what the Feds have done for YOU lately. You paid your taxes, right? What did you get for it, besides the emnity of most of the world?

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

what you going to do an individual ? really . won't you actually cecede from the old glory union and do it now ! or maybe you is a hopeless , blabbering moton suckling the machine .

7. skip

No it's not about ceceeding from anything. As you failed to read, it's about disassembling the union. Ceceeding implies the union still exists. That is not what i'm talking about. Either read what I wrote or don't reply.

And speaking of babbling, if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute here, don't bother to post.

8. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

i read it . and then i ask what's anyone to do as an individual . i found your solution- making to be like a schizophrenic , or literally the work of a lonesome divided mind . how to be whole? and then act ....

9. skip

The individual stops paying federal taxes. If you own a business you stop paying federal taxes. As I said, it's so fucking simple. You need instructions on how to NOT do something?

And I'm not getting your point with the personal attacks, other than the fact that you want to attack me because you don't like what I wrote.

Read the forum guidelines before you make another post on this site. This is your last warning. Being a site supporter confers no immunity from banning.

10. StartToday

StartToday Member

I think the union should be disassembled. The states should all become sovereign units. The laws should be decided by way of direct democracy (no more electoral colleges). And laws should be put in place to do away with capitalism, which is the root of almost all of our problems.

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

i guess i don't pay fed taxes because i chose to live poor , buzzo . what have you chosen to do ? or intend to . that's all i'm sorta asking if you really want to reply to what's important . thanks for the forum , no thanks for your expections . you wanna change society . ha ! sure you do . i don't diss your intention . i listen to you like i listen to my friend Carlton . he makes synthetic wholeness .

12. skip

I guess you don't know who I am, and it would be completely off topic for me to discuss this here. Go visit hippy.com and see just ONE thing I've done, then come back here, and tell us about all the things you've done... (in a separate thread).

You want to discuss the topic, fine, you wanna continue to get personal, I gotta button here for that, too.

13. skip

Thanks for addressing the actual content of my posts. And not turning this into a personal attack. :)

Direct Democracy is exactly what I'm talking about. But let's have the individual states decide how best to implement it, rather than having one or two private companies in league with political parties controlling the entire electoral process.

As I said, in California the citizens ALREADY make laws. So what the fuck do we even need a legislature for? We just need to TEACH our children that it is their right and duty to participate in the democracy.

Once government becomes more decentralized we can then each feel more powerful, because locally we can see the results of our own efforts.

14. StartToday

StartToday Member

Exactly. The US as it is right now is unjust and dangerous, both to it's citizens and the rest of the world. But if the civil war is any indication, I think we'd play hell trying to dissolve the union, which is incredibly unfortunate. However, having the odds stacked against you is no reason to not put forth any effort. I know I'll be throwing the rest of my youth away fighting for change.

15. skip

There is nothing and no one to "fight". If you just stop paying taxes, everything else will start falling into place. There is no enemy, except a gov't that lies, ignores International treaties, starts wars under false pretenses, ignores the environmental damage it's companies do, supports dictators and despots, does nothing to improve the lot of the poor in it's OWN country.

There WILL be a lot to do if the union is dissolved. There will need to be a lot more people ready to WORK on self-government.

For instance a petition drive to create a new law (proposition), takes a lot of manpower to create, distribute, get signatures, etc. Of course the Internet can make that whole process 95% more efficient, with a fraction of the manpower.

Once we make it easy to vote on anything, anytime, (why wait for an antiquated "election"), we will be much closer to full participation in the process.

I've been talking about an ONLINE democracy since I first got on the Internet, but back then few ppl understood that it could work or what it would look like.

But now the way is becoming clearer everyday. I SEE IT happening eventually. Just like I've "seen" things that have come pass. IT has to happen because the technology that humans have developed make it the most efficient way to bring true democracy to the masses.

It will decentralize power in a very effective manner. The whole politician class will become obsolete once we all represent ourselves!

That will come to pass, and if we dissolve the union, each state can decide how it wants to pursue its citizens' view of democracy.

16. StartToday

StartToday Member

I meant fighting as in doing something that would change things. As for there being no one to fight - the capitalists are someone to fight, and they won't go down easily. They enjoy living off of the labour of others. All of this ---> "ignores International treaties, starts wars under false pretenses, ignores the environmental damage it's companies do, supports dictators and despots" is in the name of profits.

And - the income tax isn't even constitutional, so I don't plan on ever paying that under any circumstances.

17. skip

See the dissolution has already begun! :)

18. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

Good ideas but I think most people are to damn complacent at this point to do anything. What can we do to really get the common persons blood boiling, so to speak. we can't just change ourselves and stop their, but we need to also be that spark that causes the average person to break out of their daily mold and strive for change. people are to comfortable right now.

what you propose is nice, but requires the majority of this country to just say "damn it, no more!" first off, there are a lot of people who are still blind to the countries problems. We need figureheads like there were in the 60s/70s. Lenon, Hoffman, ect. We need to gain back the support of the world. I think we have reached a point where severe change is not possible from within, we need to reach out to the world. that is possible: The world hates our government, or at best people are complacent. The world is smart enough to know there are people fighting the good fight and wise enough to seperate american govt. from people. The government, at this point, maybe represents 1/3 of the population (aka those who still agree with whats going on)

also, whats to say we wouldn't have the same corruption eventually within the model you promote where states have more power? power corrupts no matter what, and it would eventually happen in individual states.

I hope I did not miss your point. it almost seems like you want to propose something similar to the EU minus the centeral component.

19. Carlfloydfan

thats actually what I ment in my post above. thanks for putting it better than me

20. Carlfloydfan

I like that you seem to be optimistic though. you remind me of another poster (won't mention the person) but with out the pessimistic vibes and "we are doomed" feelings and subtle CT.