Disappointed Women in NE US Aren't More Flirty

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Sammy76, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Sammy76

Sammy76 Members

Moved up here a few years ago from the south and don't think I've really been flirted with this entire time. I'm a nice looking guy, dress well and the like, relaxed personality, not pushy or a jerk. Yes I'm married but even when I go back home I'll get some flirting at least once every day...and no we're not talking relatives.

Anyone in the NE whose spent time in the south that explain women up here? Lots of good points to being up here, just this kinda bothers me. Miss the pick-me-up on a daily basis from a little flirt now and then.

2. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Maybe they see a wedding ring and have too much class to flirt with a married guy? My best guess. Lol

Eric!, TheGhost, GLENGLEN and 3 others like this.
  3. Sammy76

Sammy76 Members

Maybe so Deidre. It may be that women up here don't flirt unless they really like someone which is not the case in the south. We flirt but that doesn't mean a woman wants to take you home or even a relationship with a guy. When I was down there last, there was a married woman mid-late 40's sitting with a guy...not her husband at a high top table in our resort restaurant bar. I was facing her and the wife had her back to the woman. She had a mid-thigh pleated skirt on, kept smiling at me, crossing an uncrossing her legs, showing her cute pink panties. Just a thing...she didn't try to give me her number, or otherwise want to hook-up just being playful. I haven't had a woman up here so much as talk to me in a flirty way much less anything else. Honestly, it just hurts the ego after years of being playful.

4. Kerri

Kerri Members

So I live in a northeast city. Honestly I don’t have time to flirt with people I’m not interested in. We’ve got better things to do and to me it seems disingenuous and a little tacky

Eric!, wilsjane and creampie00 like this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ok, I'll cross this region off my list of interesting places to visit. Thanks OP! :p

wilsjane and creampie00 like this.
  6. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

Everyone around here has a big old attitude

Noserider likes this.
  7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

It must be a terrible place, considering that where he came from women were throwing themselves at his feet and he had to barricade his bedroom door at night to prevent them from breaking in.

jpdonleavy, Eric! and creampie00 like this.
  8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I've lived in three states in New England and two states in the West. And I've never noticed women being any more or less flirty among the five states I've lived in.

9. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

You’ll find an unclassy one like the one you describe above lol Don’t give up hope. :p

Eric! likes this.
  10. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I wanted to add to the above post, but my phone wouldn’t let me.

It’s definitely affirming for lack of a better word, when someone flirts with us. I’m married, I got married last year and while men do try to flirt with me, I don’t encourage it. I don’t seek it out. So there’s nothing really wrong with someone flirting with you, and you liking the attention, it just comes down to why do you seek it out right now? Is your wife and marriage enough? Do you feel fulfilled? Just some things to think about.

Eric! likes this.
  11. Sammy76

Sammy76 Members

Maybe I should have mentioned earlier I'm actually going to see a therapist tomorrow about this and dealing with the bluntness (directness as my wife says) of people up here. Wanted to get some thoughts of those on here. Wasn't expecting such sarcasm but then again, living up here I have to to be a little thicker skinned. As one posted earlier, maybe women, people in general, are just busier up here and don't have time to flirt unless they mean it. So no one on here has noticed the difference in how men\women interact up here than down south\southwest?

12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Be blunt right back. It's the only way you'll make it.

"Go fuck ya'self" is pretty much a synonym for "hello."

Call everyone you come across a "fucken prick."

You'll fit right in.

creampie00 and Reverand JC like this.
  13. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

LMAO

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

cant speak for new york state but i am 1 kilometer away from it in Canada......never had a lack of flirtascious ladies to deal with.....doesn't op go to starbucks?..those girls flirt with anyone...and i couldn'tbe happier about it...all bartenders flirt if they want to make money......

15. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It is known that southern manners and customs are different than Yankee customs.
    Culture shock. Be glad you aren't in the reverse situation where a northerner moves down south and thinks that all these women are seriously hitting on him. (Potential for a huge mistake.)

Don't confuse rude with blunt, like noserider suggested.

There's a reason that all those songs pine for Dixie.

creampie00 and rollingalong like this.
  16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so you're saying if i move south i can avoid all this fucking snow, and women will be more likely to flirt with me?

creampie00 and rollingalong like this.
  17. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm disappointed too, but not about the NE. I live in SoCali and I swear women don't care about sex. :weary:

EDIT: and I'm the first to give people the benefit of the doubt. It's kind of sad. I don't think I'll ever meet anyone.

rollingalong likes this.
  18. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

You have us. :blush:

rollingalong and soulcompromise like this.
  19. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

I grew up in Maine where dry sarcasm is almost a science. We can tell you to go fuck yourself in ways that you can't tell we are doing it.

C/S,
    Rev J

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Patriots fans, bunch of dogs anyway. :tonguewink:

rollingalong likes this.