Dirty or Clean?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Kay-E-Dee, Apr 18, 2008.

1. FeralLunar

FeralLunar Member

Don't matter to me. Dirty feet is sign that you actually got up and moved.
    They get cleaned when I bath.

2. seohsreven

seohsreven Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Or that you live in a dirty environment...

3. onesublimesister

onesublimesister Member

I'd love to have clean feet sometimes, but dirty is the norm. They just don't stay clean...

4. barefootjaime

barefootjaime Member

Don't feel bad, Sublime Sister. That's how mine are too. After not even owning shoes the past 2 years I think my soles are stained dark. I have no idea what it's like to have completely clean bottoms. I think people at school would think there's something wrong if my feet did not have dirt on them...LOL

5. barefootsailor

barefootsailor Member

My feet after a day out in the city :)

6. Nate_75

Nate_75 Member

7. punk-a$$_hippy

punk-a$$_hippy Member

When I get home after walking all over Tooele barefoot, I like to stand in the grass outside of my apartment and dig my toes in, it feels just divine, and cleans most of the city gunk right off...

8. SandDollar

SandDollar Member

I love the dirty aspect of feet.. if I'm not tramping or hiking, it's a free day for me and my feet. The greatest is when you leave two black foot prints on the rim of a toilet in a wally world.. I laugh everytime. Plus, you know the last time a rainbow or hippie has been through that part.

9. Steven_Pines

Steven_Pines Member

down and dirty, dude!

10. bige1030

bige1030 Member

It's impossible to keep the feet clean when walking around in a city or anywhere where there is asphalt. More often than not, though, a lot of the dirt on sidewalks comes from people who wear shoes.

11. iniminie

iniminie Member

don't wash them, unless I take a shower or bath. I love it when they're stained very dark, so I almost never really give them a good wash:rolleyes:

12. One Man Band

One Man Band Member

It must be really clean in anywhere. Most people would not touch a toilet in Wally World for any reason. I get the spirit of your post but...

13. ganesha1967

ganesha1967 barefoot bellybearer

My feet don't get extra cleaning or washing beyond showering, either. Only exception is, when I file down extra callous on the sides of my heels and the sides of my big toes before applying moisturizing foot balm... Kind of a minimal pedicure to make my feet look nice. :)

That happens once a week. Other than that, my soles do clearly show that they belong to an urban barefooter.

Wiggling dark-bottomed toes,

~*Ganesha*~

14. hillman30

hillman30 Member

Since I've decided that Easter Sunday is a good choice for tossing my shoes and again going barefoot 24/7 till Fall I thought I'd revive this thread. At the end of 8 months my feet were permanently dirty and stayed unclean (not perfectly unstained) through the winter and I am looking forward to having really dirty soles and toes soon. It just indicates true barefooting to me.

15. IGotMyAssBeatByAGirl

IGotMyAssBeatByAGirl Member

16. dirtysole

dirtysole Guest

I like my feet really dirty on the bottom, I don't know why the dirt turns me on like that

17. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

i know why. you need to watch John Waters' «A dirty shame» :p . but please, don't tell ramble.

18. hillman30

hillman30 Member

I agree. It is definitely a turn on.

19. dooberblaze

dooberblaze Member

I honestly never thought of it that way. :eek: I'd actually agree with both of your statements.

I'm totally that way too. Outside, I'd be glad to have dirty soles, (not so much on the top of my feet), but I just get uncomfortable bringing my dirty feet even on the carpets of my house. I know my parents are lenient with my barefootedness, but in my part, I just don't want to make the house dirty. Especially since we have little baby cousins around often, who don't have fully developed immune systems.

I guess so... But I'm just partially OCD like that. Anywhere else, sure. a little dirt won't hurt, but I just don't really like the idea of rolling around where dirt from all around the city has been. (I'm a twist-and-turn-sleeper, and can end up with my head on the other side of the bed when I wake up, and the pillows on the floor) So a good rinse before going inside the house does it for me.

Well, there's also the part where the cleanliness of your feet is debatable. I'm pretty sure any single human being on this planet, when going barefoot outside their home would have a shade of brown, gray, or black on their soles. even a little dust could be considered "dirty" by some people. I'm not sure if you're referring to the soles of your feet that are clean 90% of the time, cause if you are, I think that's actually highly unlikely, as you said you've hiked all over the world barefoot.

But yeah, I don't think there's a badge of honor for dirty feet either, I just prefer dirty -soles-(clean above), but clean overall at home.

Huh, I guess it sorta kinda is questionably a turn on for me. Not 100% though.

20. Barefoot_Longhair

Barefoot_Longhair Member

Barefooter in SF here too. Dirty soles are cool. :)