Dirty or Clean?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Kay-E-Dee, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Kay-E-Dee

Kay-E-Dee Member

A lot of people seem to have a big thing for dirty soles, and while I can see the appeal as a badge of someone who goes barefoot a lot, I personally prefer feet that look like they are made of white chocolate.

I don't mind getting my feet filthy, in fact they very often are, but I don't revel in the dirt and wash it off when I get the opportunity.

What are your preferences?

2. seohsreven

seohsreven Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm with you Kay-E-Dee. I have no problem getting my feet dirty (heck, I've ridden metros all over the world barefoot!), but I enjoy getting them clean even more.

3. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

i love being barefoot and i love having filty soles. i love the look of black, grey, dirty feet preferably soles and tops. i love the various colors one acheives in metro areas.

4. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

i love being barefoot and i love having filty soles. i love the look of black, grey, dirty feet preferably soles and tops. i love the various colors one acheives in metro areas.

5. bfjohn

bfjohn Member

I don't much care for "town" dirt, but i do like to get my feet nice and muddy, which is no problem in a wet country like England!

6. SunDweller1989

SunDweller1989 Member

Dirty is the way for me. Black, brown, dirty soles are my favorite. I do clean them, but dirty wins for me.

7. essenceofweez

essenceofweez Member

I like going barefoot partly for sanitary reasons, so I prefer them to be as clean as possible, but keeping them perfectly clean outside is hard.

8. sweet_dream

sweet_dream Member

I like them kind of rough and dusty from country roads and hiking trails, but not all grimy and greasy from city schmutz.

9. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Both. I like the white chocolate look or as I say "vanilla fudge". Also, I love getting my soles dusty or having the bottoms get a nice coat of green from freshly mowed grass.

10. Barefoot Guy

Barefoot Guy Member

I like tough, dirty feet. They are the natural result of barefootin' on the streets, stores, stadium floors, etc. I've had a couple of ex-girlfriends who were hippy types and we both had filthy, black feet at the end of the day. One liked to stand on my feet if we were in line at fast food or cashier. My tops were coal black, too! If we went into a store after getting black soles in the parking lot, our soles had a shade of gray over black.

11. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

As this board no doubt is tired of hearing, I go for clean. The country/forest dirt does come to me with my outdoor lifestyle, but I wash it off in various ways, all the time. I'm not into urban grime.

I've given reasons for this, only one of which I relate here, again---that as "ambassadors" of our beloved bare lifestyle, and in our need to increase acceptance of it, I wish not to have the grossout factor in any one of the restaurants or public places that actually accepts us. Once again, it seems that our dirt "proves" to the shod that they are "right" and that barefoot is "unsanitary." Wrongful this thinking is, but I don't want to feed it.

I may post a thread about my first barefoot hike of this new spring season in Maine (April 19). Citing one example here: I walked on newly thawed woods roads and got muddy, then walked on some dried out sections, there's already dust, then, every few hundred yards, the old snow was in the way. This of course felt delicious, when composed with all the other sensations. But I emerged from each snow hummock absolutely clean. There are numerous brooks from the snow melt, and many deep puddles on the pine needles. Some warm, some like ice. I loved walking through both. Then the moss stretches---

In fact, working around the cabin all weekend I had to cross snow, leaves, moss, mud, and sandy path, over and over again. Before entering the cabin I tried to make snow one of the last things I crossed.

Now even in Maine there won't be snow hummocks much longer, but there will be the other things I can use to stay clean. Towns, a totally different matter.

I may put up a thread about the great weekend I just had, with snow and the record warm temperatures at the same time.

12. Rugged_Soles

Rugged_Soles Member

Spring in the NorthEast is a magical time. Nature waking up from it's slumber and the textures and variations from sunny to shade. I'd enjoy reading more about your area

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

:) My Feet Were Fucking Filty today... I was in the dirt Barefoot for a while.....
    Felt Better than sex....
    And Im Sorry I didnt get a picture after a winters worth of Pale foot....:mad:

LONG LIVE THE DIRTY FEET.....Blessed be The Soles that walk the earth Bare......

Damn it still feels good......

14. Barefoot Traveller

Barefoot Traveller Member

I'm with Barefoot Guy: Tough & dirty soles are the natural result of a barefoot lifestyle! It looks cool and I'm proud of my own pair... :)

[​IMG]

15. Kay-E-Dee

Kay-E-Dee Member

I was out shopping barefoot yesterday - made stops in Waitrose, Tesco and Screwfix (!) and had no issues, but when I got back my soles were the blackest I've seen for quite some time.

Had to do some serious scrubbing in order to get a nice foot massage from my nearest and dearest :)

16. MisterEm

MisterEm Member

I don't mind having dirty feet anymore. The only reason I voted "clean" is because my feet get washed up eventually, kinda like washing my hands or taking a shower. I think it's good to wash off the dirt and grime, at least once in a while.

17. LittleWonder

LittleWonder Member

I like mine clean. But, then, I also like all of myself clean. ;) I still get dirty, sweaty, etc., of course. It's just a matter of washing up at home.

So, I don't mind the dirt or getting my feet dirty. They get clean eventually.

18. bfjohn

bfjohn Member

The sun's just come out, so i'm going to sign out and get my feet dirty!

19. barefootdude

barefootdude Member

For me, it's not so much a matter of choice. My feet are just always dirty because I rarely ever wear shoes. Even after I bathe my feet look dirty, my friends say I have perma-dirt on my soles. [LOL] It used to bother me at school sometimes that every other person would comment about my black-bottomed feet or ask to see my soles. I kinda gave up caring about it, since I never wear shoes to school anyway, so it's almost impossible to have clean feet. Count me in with the dirty people. [LOL]

[​IMG]

20. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

I like seeing and I like having dirty soles .. to me it is just part of barefooting