Dirty Feet

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by xkr404, Dec 10, 2020.

1. j17435

j17435 Member

We want people to be respectful of our right to go barefoot. We should be respectful of people's personal space. Feet, bare or shod, on the back of a theater seat is fine (no kicking or thumping). Propped on the very top, inches from someone's head or face is rude. My .$02, now worth $.01 due to rampant printing of funny money.

Nudegardner and mmicmann like this.
  2. That's crux of the issue: those who love being barefoot are going to bother those who don't, and always adjusting one's behavior to "be mindful" of others is an immense burden. I get exhausted forever figuring out "me" versus "them." If "they" don't like something (say, dirty soles), "they" can damn well move and shut up about it.

rol the sole likes this.
  3. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I don’t think dirty feet is the issue here. As a prior poster said it is invading someone’s personal space with your feet

Nudegardner, riverman18 and mmicmann like this.
  4. goodearth

goodearth Member

5. Giuly95

Giuly95 Members

You are not a freak i am too an hardcore urban barefooter and i really love to get my feet dirty and rough. The places i prefer are parking lots,railway and metro stations. I am also very lucky because the city where i live is very dirty and there are a lot of narrow alleys that are not cleaned often. For this reason walking barefoot here and keep your soles clean it's simply impossibile. When i walking barefoot outdoor i also rub often my soles on the ground and i usually walking at the side of the street where the dirt is more concentrated. In this way my feet are always very filthy and though with pitch black soles that will never became clean again.

6. Bareforfun

Bareforfun Member

I live a barefoot lifestyle year-round and getting my feet dirty and calloused is part of the fun.

Nudegardner likes this.
  7. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

started in 2003 , never got off the hook lol

Bareforfun likes this.
  8. jagerhans

I like all fashion of dirty soles. Not just the tar one gets off city streets but all the dust and mud and grass from the fields and woods. I don't think there is a whole lo of us, but it's ok.

9. jagerhans

oh, and nothing will get your feet tougher than roaming the woods. One moment you are walking on broken branches, then there are rocks and thorny bushes. And all this is the normality for the human paw. We still retain a lot of traits from our ancestors, like the craving for fatty, sugary foods, crucial for survival. We evolve slowly but change our life rapidly so the body cannot cope. But we still have the gear to get primal feet by actually using them , maybe things are bound to change in the next five hundred thousand years, if we manage not to drive our own species into extinction before

10. Nudegardner

Nudegardner Members

Good post and very well spoken.

11. ethanch

ethanch Member

Yes, its true when I start walk barefoot I take care a lot about my soles I always clean it and put some product to avoid the calloused skin, that was more than ten years ago, now I never mind about how look my soles if they are dirty o get some big callouses or cracked soles its so fun see where you can go and how the soles adapt to any surface.

Greetings.

Nudegardner likes this.
  12. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

As a regular barefooter I forget how gross shoes and sucks make feet but the shoe crowd associates feet with smell.

Busy doing stuff and wore shoes all day for like a week last winter, a few days in my sneakers were gross, totally forgot how gross that is.

That's the bad feedback loop holding back the barefoot revolution , a basic computer code of it

10 Shoes make feet gross

20 Don't take your shoes off they are gross

30 Goto 10

[​IMG]

13. raddude

raddude Visitor

0C1280B4-93EC-42F5-8E86-E4F94C0D9CE1.jpeg I don’t wash my feet so yeah they always look like this

14. jagerhans

something on the lines of Catch 22, or banning pot because there is an illegal black market selling it as a consequence of the ban itself. the world is rife with such self-referential bull.

15. Hell, no, you're not alone! Filthy gritty tough soles are wonderful. Just plain fucking awesome!

raddude likes this.
  16. Fucking incredible!!!

17. jagerhans

they also tell something about your urban surroundings ! country feet look different

Nudegardner likes this.
  18. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Bullshit, when I go barefoot for days dont wash that arch part that doesn't direct contact the ground gets dirty too.

Maybe its not bull poo, flat dirty urban surfaces I guess the arch part could stay clean white un touched but the rest blackened

19. phillybarefooter

phillybarefooter Member

They look fantastic! As good as they can and should!

20. HoneymonsterUK

HoneymonsterUK Members

Like getting my feet dirty, not extreme, but just nicely grubby from working in the garden
    20210720_164051_resized.jpg

Sparky11, TalonedFeet and RT19 like this.