Dirtiest place gone barefoot?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by BareyMommy, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper Member

Also a full time barefooter in Auckland, New Zealand . Don't own shoes. Unlike solemum, I have been refused service at restaurants, but not very often.

2. kylekyle

kylekyle Members

More upmarket restaurants at say near Hilton Auckland?

3. Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper Member

I was barefoot in the Euro restaurant on Princes Wharf one evening last week. Its not their normal dress code and i appreciated the exception they made for me.

4. kylekyle

kylekyle Members

I've been there twice, but never barefoot. They do have a sign out the front about dress I think.

5. Public toilets where somebody had thrown up. Spew everywhere.

6. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

I used to mow the lawn barefoot. It would tracked grass clippings everywhere.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  7. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

That doesn't sound fun. Oh well, as I often tell my kids, when you gotta go, you gotta go. If there's toilet paper we just wipe off the bodily fluids or wait until we get home.

RT19 likes this.
  8. solemum

solemum Member

I tend to go to restaurants in my local area (Howick/Pakuranga if you know Auckland). Always in bare feet as are the kids, never an issue. I think they know us now, and dont care that we dont have footwear. Seems to me all the suburban restaurants need all the patronage they can get!

Mobius_Stripped and RT19 like this.
  9. RT19

RT19 Members

Went to IKEA on Friday night and wow my soles were black! I loved the smooth feeling when I was in the warehouse section and picking my furniture, well my sisters but she was wearing shoes ugh!

10. Mobius_Stripped

Mobius_Stripped Members

My soles never got so black, so quick, as when I walked through Rochester, NY.

Walking through Ithaca, NY was another story. Half a day barefoot through those streets and my soles were barely brown. I miss that town. Shop owners didn't give a damn if you were barefoot.

ijustmightdoit2 and RT19 like this.
  11. Felp

Felp Members

Public bathroom. Dot.

12. rol the sole

rol the sole Member

Surprisingly it is usually supermarkets / shops and shopping arcades. Places you expect to be clean. I was in a shopping mall the other day and the white floor looked clean but after only 5 minutes my soles were black. Not complaining though

Mobius_Stripped likes this.
  13. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Think I found the dirtiest place people have every gone barefoot.

All I did was search croravirus bat caves and saw this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FILE - Bat guano collectors fill bags outside of a bat cave at Wat Khao Chong Phran in Ratchaburi, Thailand, March 14, 2020.

“Bat guano covered in fungus littered the cave,” Shi told Scientific American in a report published last month. She said it would have been only a matter of time before the miners became sick.

Another scientific report from Thailand in 2013 found coronaviruses in about 4% of collected bat guano samples, leading the researchers to recommend workers use better personal protection when harvesting the guano in caves.

read more Did Coronavirus Come from the Bat Guano Trade?

14. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

That's gross, wouldn't dare venture there

15. In these CV times, I barefoot round the hood for a couple miles a day. As the weather gets warmer, and the ground heats up, I come back with progressively grayer soles.

Who says exercise can't be fun?

Mobius_Stripped and mmicmann like this.
  16. Barefoot Scout

Barefoot Scout Members

Living in a rural place means that I've got plenty of opportunity to get my feet dirty. No public toilets or too many dirty pavements around here, but ploughed fields offer plenty of mud and you might just step in an occasional cow pat.

Dirtiest thing I've stepped into, I suppose, was a big pile of pig manure that somebody used as fertilizer for their crops. Smelly as all heck, but my feet didn't mind it!:grinning:

17. Tech Mo

Tech Mo Member

Has to be underground in London.

txbarefooter and Mobius_Stripped like this.
  18. barefootboy1030

barefootboy1030 Member

Indoor Tom Petty concert in Philly shortly before he died.

19. Fuck, I've gone barefoot in the Paris Metro--just meh.
    I need to do the NYC subway and London Underground!

20. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

I had to drop my car off for repairs and decided to walk the mile home barefoot. There were some side walks and the rest road side gravel. All kinds of dirt and grime along the way.

riverman18 likes this.