Diplomatic Relations with Russia, Ukraine, and the UN

Discussion in 'Politics' started by soulcompromise, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I disagree matey but only in parts . The Western Ukraine part see them more as western now and many have gone back to using the Ukrainian language and dropped the Russian language . Even some of the city and town names have dropped the Russian way of spelling.

Now the Eastern side your spot on and I have mentioned this in my earlier post . The Donbas Region which is where the front lines are from the 2016 "ceasefire" are drawn , do regard themselves as Russian and use the Russian language . They support the Russian Separatists who are financed by Russia to in effect do their fighting for them . They are well equipped with T72 tanks and Have BM21 Rocket launching artillery in support . Basically these are private armies fighting for the Russian cause . Despite the 2016 ceasefire to the 2014 war ,fighting has still gone on with over 14000 Ukrainians losing their lives . The numbers of the Russian casualties has never been released .

At this time, the Separatists are roughly 15000 strong and could be used to do the initial incursion ,when and not if the invasion starts .

Basically its a country divided and I feel that his could end up being another civil war .

But again your right when you say Russia regards Ukraine as its territory . This I also covered in my previous post .

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No matey, the Russians are not interested in half, they regard the whole of Ukraine as theirs and won't be satisfied until it is.

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  3. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps Russia will not be "satisfied" until the entire post WW2 settlement is restored, a recipie for real trouble.

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. Captain Scarlet

I know that . Whether they get it is another thing . There will be stiff resistance .

The Russians I think will order the Separatists in the East to up the anti and to test the Ukrainian resolve soon. The Russians may try and keep it as a civil war for the time being to act as a feint and then should Ukrainian forces move eastwards ,the Russians will invade form Belarus and go for the Capital .

Once the capital is taken the Russians can install a government of their own choosing and then calm things down military wise .

There is a development as in the link here . A picture of internal security vehicles on a train which would be used for occupation security purposes . A field hospital as well which is another indication ,especially if duplicated in other camps

The BTR 80 is a bit of a Red Herring for me as it could easily belong to a standard Motorised Rifle Division as there is no insignia on it saying it belongs to an internal security unit .

Anyway here it is and see what you think :)

The final pieces: Three new signs Russia may be planning Ukraine invasion

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

[​IMG]

I want to take a moment to reiterate my main talking point, and that is this:
    Mr. President, it is my most solemn prayer that we are able to resolve this conflict diplomatically. Moscow doesn't want to listen, but they have little choice. If there were a Ukrainian NATO membership, let's show Vladimir Putin that it is not the threatening thing he perceives.

6. soulcompromise

7. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

The true enemy of the U.S., Russia, Ukraine, Europe at present is the covid virus, even though the politicians disagree craftily and say otherwise.

Death casualties are 932,443 (U.S.A), 336,721 (Russia), Ukraine (101,647), 1,739,611 (Europe) and the figures keep rising fast with each passing day.

Even battle casualties don't reach such high levels, and hopefully all the finances directed towards expensive mobilisation and logistics, could instead be directed towards combating the virus with more hospitals, free medical care, vaccines and ventilators which will help to stem the rising covid casualties in these countries.

8. erofant

erofant Members

Putin has stated (somewhere in news reports interviews in the past) that the fall of the Soviet Union was the biggest embarrassment he'd ever endured. So based upon his statements, and the fact that he was a proud, high-ranking KGB agent, combined with his surrounding of Ukraine with over 125,000 troops & military equipment - does any of that list of evidence lead one to think ......... this guy's a peace-loving guy ......... or rather - this guy wants to conquer Ukraine as a step to rebuild the old Soviet Union??? In fact, don't Putin's past "tracks in the snow" point to a military invasion of Ukraine??

"Tracks in the snow" is a metaphor for past, established, easily-seen evidence ........... for those who don't get it. Things I've posted on this, and other forums sometimes seem to be lost on viewers - for whatever reason. Regional / global cultures??

Piney, Captain Scarlet and scratcho like this.
  9. erofant

erofant Members

If humans spent as much money on making lives better & healthier, and preserving the ONLY EARTH WE HAVE TO LIVE ON, - instead of on methods to kill each other - what a "wonderful world this will be" (Steely Dan).

scratcho likes this.
  10. erofant

erofant Members

A VERY SIMPLE question for the pro-Russia, pro Putin types ......
    Who positioned over 100,000 troops and military equipment along a border first?? (while "claiming" that NATO countries were being aggressive) Did NATO countries line up troops and equipment first??

11. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

A military alliance with Ukraine would mean that US-Nato can officially position troops and equipment and WMD in Ukraine and in border areas with Russia without any reservations. When Russia does the same pre-emptively, it is considered aggression !!!

It is high time that US-Nato stopped viewing nuclear-armed Russia as an adversary and embrace it as a partner with confidence-building measures and diplomatic channels, and take more heed of its security needs sensitively based on past historical tragedies.

Russia has more nukes put together than the whole of the U.S and Nato combined, and obviously there has to be proper diplomacy and sensitivity in dealing with them so as not to make a mountain out of a mole-hill.

12. Captain Scarlet

Nato actually . Last October :confused:o_O. They conducted military exercises . Albeit not on the same scale but thats because the constituent forces are considerable smaller . For example Holland only has about 18 main battle tanks . The UK will have only 149 main battle tanks when the Challenger tank 3 programme is complete . The US has 300 Stryker wheeled infantry Fighting Vehicles based in Europe and no tanks .

NATO launches annual deterrence exercise.

myndtyme likes this.
  13. Captain Scarlet

I found today a day of mixed messaging and I am a little concerned with whats coming out of Russia .

Russia has reportedly moved some troops from exercise back to the Barracks . I think these were in the East as the more western exercises in Belarus are still ongoing . The Nato spokesperson has stated there has been no evidence of the withdrawal to base of these troops.

Nato have also stated that Ukraine's admission to Nato is non negotiable . This will not please Russia .

The more disturbing news has come from the Russian parliament as they now want the Donbas Region of Ukraine to become a separate entity, loyal to Russia . This is the Region were the 2016 ceasefire lines are drawn . I can see the case here as most of the population of this area speak Russian and feel they belong to Russia .

The more disturbing is the claim that the West is practicing Genocide in this area . Not only is this false but vast majority of the area is in Russian Separatist controlled anyway. So I dont know how they can substantiate that claim . I am just wondering if this could be the False Flag theory the West is concerned about.

Should Russia invade then this is likely an area where they will advance from . .

14. Captain Scarlet

It seems diplomacy is slowly coming to an end .

Neither side appears to have heard of the word compromise .

I thought Boris Johnson gave his best and most powerful speech yet in the Munich Security meeting and I am not a fan of his but I give credit when credit is due . I hope it served as a wake up call for the slumbering Europeans .

There has been a big exchange of fire in the East area in the Donbas region . This is where i think things will escalate as I mentioned some time ago .

Tit for tat blaming going on .

15. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Vlad is merely practicing for the May day parade !!! ;):grinning::grinning::grinning:

16. Captain Scarlet

A last ditch chance for Diplomacy to overt what I see as the start of WW3

Ukraine crisis: Biden and Putin agree to hold summit over Ukraine tensions - as Russia says kill list is 'an absolute lie'

This will only work if both sides are willing to listen to each other and agree on a series of compromises .

Neither side will get everything they want through diplomacy alone .

During the night further troops have moved near the borders of Ukraine and more shelling in the Donbas area .

The latter has been going on since the cease fire of 2016 but has intensified recently .

Other developments pertaining to this crisis are as follows

1) The exercises in Belarus have been extended as an excuse for the Russians to retain their troops their

2) The UK has despatched the Welsh Brigade from Germany to go to Estonia to enlarge the UK force there already . This will include Challenger 2 Tanks and Warrior Infantry Fighting Vehicles as well as artillery support and the normal logistical support a unit of this size needs.

3) Poland will be taking delivery very shortly of 250 Abrams M1A2 SepV3 spec main Battle Tanks . This is the top Spec tank that is currently in service with the US forces .Poland is seen now as a major player in Natos defence plans, hence the timely MBT delivery.
    [​IMG]

17. Captain Scarlet

22/02/22 I have to say has become a very dark day in modern history .

Unless one has been hiding under a stone for the last 24 hours then you will know the World War 3 has now commenced ,with the start of the invasion of the Ukraine

Putin Surrounded by Yes men decided to take back 2 provinces of the Donbas by signing the deed last night .

Pictures from the world media are showing Russian armoured vehicles entering the outskirts of Donetsk ,the largest city in the area. Looking at the pictures and with my knowledge of military hardware , I would say with some certainty it looks like an Engineers unit. These could have been the area all of the time . There have been many reports of regular Russian troops in the Donbas Region since 2014 after the annexation of the Crimea supporting the Separatists there . Russia under its usual Modus Operandi has always denied their presence ,but examples of captured equipment including a T72B3 tank which is unique to the Russian army and none exported was seen captured and reused by the Ukrainian forces.

The State controlled TV are showing pictures of the opposite and showing missiles and artillery shells going into these eastern areas and claiming that the Ukraine regular forces are the aggressor . These pictures coupled with the fake evacuation footage that was shown is convincing many citizens in Russia that Putin is right to take the course of action he is taking

Ukraine live updates: UK imposing 'immediate' sanctions on Russia after Putin 'completely tears up international law'

Ukraine crisis: UK to hit Russia with 'first barrage' of sanctions as Putin fixed on 'full-scale invasion', Boris Johnson says

Ukraine crisis: International condemnation as Putin sends troops into eastern Ukraine

Britain's response is to start sanctions and supply the Ukraine with more "Lethal " Aid.

More on this as I learn more .

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

19. Captain Scarlet

Well it appears sanctions are the way to go . I think Europe have lead the way here with many sanctions . I think the UK was rather soft with sanctions against 5 minor banks and just 3 individuals . MPs across the parties are calling for more .

Russia yesterday have recalled all its Embassy staff from the Ukraine . That's an obvious signal that invasion is imminent so as they dont get caught up in it .

More vehicles heading towards the border . Despite the caption these are not tanks but appear to be an artillery unit . Perhaps more disturbing than tanks as they have a very long range and so can send shells very deep into Ukrainian territory .

Ukraine: Tanks spotted rolling through Russian city near Ukrainian border

20. soulcompromise