Diphenhydramine Adventures.

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by lifeman88, Feb 6, 2009.

1. lifeman88

lifeman88 Member

Hey guys howzit goin? Greetings from NYC. I have made great use out of hipforums as a resource in the past, and now wish to start my travels as a high-posting member. I'm a discussion-board dude at heart, with thousands of posts at various audio enthusiast forums.

Anyway, I guess I'll tell you about my pharmaceutical adventures. In the past 5 years or so (since age 15) I have used marijuana and alcohol regularly, and have tried: Xanax, Vicoden, Klonopin, Lorazepam, DXM, DPH, Percocet, and coke here and there. I play guitar and am a hi-fi enthusiast, so music plays a huge part in my experiences.

Anyway, about the diphen, I took some tonight because I quite like the experience. This is my fourth time trying it. I haven't done any in about a year. Tonight I started out with 400mg and will probably take 200 more. No worries, I am tall with a muscular build and know I can handle it.

I took the liberty of searching through the forums in the hopes of finding out what other members think about Diphen. It was a mixed bag, with some posters enjoying it vastly and others having scary experiences/near-death incidents.

Well, I like it! Sure, it ain't got the mind-kick of LSD or the feel-good-ness of opiates, but the dissociation and tranquility is nice. Anyone else with me?

2. real_large

real_large Member

I'm not asking this to be sarcastic, but because I'm ignorant:

Isn't diphenhydramine just a cough suppressant? It's in my kid's night-time cough syrup. Yes, it knocks him out, but that doesn't seem like much fun.

3. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

250mg of DPH was possibly the worst drug experience i've had. i've had horribly bad DXM trips and really uncomfortable times on weed/mushrooms/whatever that i'd take over high doses of DPH any day.

the body load was AWFUL, i felt like i had shifted to the left of myself and it wasn't in a "cool, trippy" way. it was in a "what the fuck this isn't right" kind of way. i just felt retarded and had the worst dysphoria that lasted well through the next day.

i enjoy taking it in doses of 50-100mg and just relaxing, or mixing it with a low second pateau dose of DXM (also at 50-100mg). but i'm never going above like 125mg again, ever.

what's your usual dose?

edit: real large, DPH is a sedating antihistamine that's used mostly in allergy formulas or as an OTC sleep aid. you may be thinking of DXM or doxylamine succinate, both of which are in nyquil. doxylamine is also a sedating antihistamine but it's not the same as dipenhydramine.

4. lifeman88

lifeman88 Member

From what I understand, it is marketed as a cough suppressant, sleep aid, and antihistamine.

Usual dose is 200mg but I've gone as high as 600. At 600, it was too hard to stay awake and I gave in to a nice night's sleep.

Never had a bad experience on any drug; I might just have a naturally high tolerance, or maybe I am more sane than I thought :D

But yeah on erowid, I read a LOT of difficult experiences with diphenhydramine, associated with doses much lower than what I've taken.

5. pbjube3

pbjube3 Cock Blaster

6. cynikal

cynikal Member

How much do you weigh I weigh about 165 lbs

The last time I messed with 300 mgs of dph was pretty far back maybe a year ago, and I weighed about 190 lbs then..

7. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Wow your savage.. The most i have taken is 50 mgs, and that was pretty weird feeling for me. 25 mgs feels really good imo, puts you in a slight daze and makes you extremely comfortable. It is also the PERFECT sleep aid for me as nothing else compares. mj almost does actually but both together does wonders. I will try 75 mg next time and then 100 mg. The most i will be willing to go will be 150-200 tho i can't even imagine what that will be like. Kind of a scary drug for me, and i have done hardcore salvia i think thats not as bad because it goes right away.

8. cynikal

cynikal Member

I googled and 1000 mg is death and coma, 300 mg causes hallucinations according to some toxicology report, and I was hallucinating on 300 mg but that was a year ago I think I might try doing 100 mg to see if I hallucinate because I believe if it trys to put you to sleep you end up triggering your self concious to dream up things... and inreality you dont really need as much mg probably like 50 mg or 100 mg since 50 mg puts people to sleep and trying to stay awake was a bitch on 300 mg

9. NNDimethyltryptaDream

NNDimethyltryptaDream Member

Ddramine is an anti-histamine that can cause surreal hallucinations. It has the capacity to be recreational, but not something Id recommend, especially to someone with limited experience in the field of psychadelics.

10. pr0ne420

pr0ne420 Senior Member

That shit is fucking bad for you and unpleasant. When I was alot younger and stupid, I did 2400mg and ended up in the hospital. Stay away from that shit.

11. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

i was having delirious hallucinations at 650 mg and chose not to repeat the experience.

12. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

cynical said 1000 mg is death and coma lol you musta got lucckky.

13. cynikal

cynikal Member

DPH can be used to potenate DXM but too much of dph may cause you to become delerious and cause bad trips, I been doing research and thinking about trying Diphenhydramine + DXM combo but low recreational dose from dxm mixed with some diphenhydramine

14. DroneLore

I tried a script cough medicine that had DXM, two antihistamines and pseudophedrine in it. I only took one big gulp but I was having very vivid CEV for a couple hours.

15. NNDimethyltryptaDream

NNDimethyltryptaDream Member

DXM is can have MAOI activity or some shit, so I hear. Thats why you shouldnt mix it with many other psychadelics.

16. smoka

smoka Member

after reading few posts about this med, swim decided to give it a shot few days ago. :D

and swin saw things from the movie matrix1, the metal tracking bug that was in neo's bally, these things were all over swims plants, than the plants started to shrink over and over. swim saw, airplane view of model town home like on the carpets, saw faces in the dark. electrical outlets thats not there. swims not sure, if swim will repeat this, although it was fascinating. it took some toll on the memory. 48hrs after this experience, swim forgot passwords to online accts. this stuff damages your brain pretty bad, swim think..

17. DroneLore

what was swims dose?

18. smoka

smoka Member

swim dosage was 450mg of generic. swims 160lbs. swim must warn you, this stuff is not good for memory. b safe

19. DroneLore

I've already experimented with DPH and don't really want to do it again. I didn't have any memory loss though, just delirium and a really shitty hangover.

20. jonathan2421

jonathan2421 Guest

Diphenhydramine is Benadryl. I take it from time to time to get to sleep, as the most significant side effect is drowsiness. Usually anywhere from 50-150mg. Can't imagine being able to stay awake to enjoy anything taking any more than that. Does it seriously do anything at high doses? Really?