Ding Dong, The Wicked Witch Is Dead

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Mr. Frankenstein, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Mr. Frankenstein

Mr. Frankenstein Malice...in Sunderland

UK Uncut: drums, duvets and an eviction notice as hundreds protest outside Lord Freud's London home

Hundreds of anti-cuts activists gathered outside the home of Baron David Freud, minister for welfare reform, to protest against the bedroom tax and benefits cap.

People played drums and wrote out postcards to send to Lord Freud as they sat outside his semi-detached house, said to be worth £1.9 million, in Highgate, North London.

Protesters sat in the street on beds and duvets and some held up signs reading: "Who wants to evict a millionaire?"

Author and commentator Owen Jones and Green party leader Natalie Bennett came to show their support for the protest, organised by UK Uncut.

Mr Jones said: "Lord Freud is an unelected politician from one of the most privileged backgrounds imaginable. He had no background whatsoever in social security and welfare state, and yet he's one of the figureheads of this Government's offensives against welfare state and social security.

"Instead of just bailing out the banks and let them carry on doing exactly what they want, let's take proper control of the banks that should rightly belong to us, the people who bailed them out.

"We stand together, we fight together and, friends, we will win this together."

Also addressing the crowd, Natalie Bennett said: "The rich must pay their taxes, multinationals must pay their taxes and the rich must get their fair share."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-outside-lord-freuds-london-home-8571877.html

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Can we place bets on how long it will take the chavs to turn the "celebrations" into riots and grab a few flatscreen TVs?

3. Mr. Frankenstein

You hope.

From The Void

Much of the media – who drink in the same bars and clubs as MPs and went to the same schools and universities – have played down last nights raucous events in Trafalgar Square. Yet three thousand people coming out onto the streets at short notice in the pouring rain to celebrate the death of a former Prime Minister is unprecedented in modern history. And despite some petty police provocation, the event remained what it was intended to be, a celebration of the end of a rancid tyrant’s life.

The handful of EDL stragglers called out by the Daily Telegraph failed to make an impact on the festivities whilst any attempts at aggressive policing were firmly dealt with by the crowd. But this didn’t spoil the mood and the drink flowed until late into the night until the constant rain caused even the hardiest to head for the pub.

As austerity really begins to bite this year, it will be Thatcher’s legacy, not her corpse, that draws mass protest and civil disorder. But for all who suffered under her government, it was good to know that even in her passing she was still despised.

http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/thatcher-death-party-ukuncut-dpac-make-it-personal/

4. odonII

odonII O

It has happened already. I think the point is - on the actual day of her funeral.

Obviously certain sections of the media will focus on certain aspects of the events.
    And obviously others are going to say: 'And despite some petty police provocation' (what provocation, precisely - being there?)

Taking note of all sides - I think the anti-Thatcher perspective has had the same coverage as the pro-Thatcher coverage. Perhaps the anti slightly more.

Who knew this was No. 35:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnToK3kSKKg"]not sensibles, I'm in Love With Margaret Thatcher - YouTube

5. odonII

odonII O

Damn, I missed if the tune was played in full or not. The world seems to be still spinning on the same axis, anyway. Will catch up on iplayer.

6. Mr. Frankenstein

Yes it was, and without any editorial comment.

Remembering it from first time around, it was never a pro-Thatcher song though - more a bit of surrealism, a play on a weird concept. Still, I guess there never were any pro-Thatcher songs, were there ?

7. odonII

odonII O

Sorry, I didn't mean 'Ding Dong, The Wicked Witch Is Dead' I meant the other one.
    I just found out they didn't play 'Ding Dong, The Wicked Witch Is Dead' in full.
    Instead, sat firmly on the fence: The news report - which ran for almost 40 seconds longer than the song itself - also included two views from members of the public on the controversy, with one saying it was "quite funny", while the other said it was "disgraceful".
    I know, lets make a massive deal out of a 51 second tune - stop the regular rundown, and have a two minute Newsbeat 'special' on it instead o_O

They should have just played it like the other track - no intro etc.

I know it probably wasn't a tribute etc. That isn't the point.

8. Mr. Frankenstein

Margaret Thatcher and the taboo of speaking ill of the dead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22066540

Interesting article on the BBC site, including advice from an ettiquette advisor -

"Obviously because Margaret Thatcher's a political figure, and she was an important person, she is going to stir up emotions," says etiquette expert Jean Broke-Smith.

"But if people are politically anti her, I hope they will be kind enough to say they didn't agree with her, but they respect what she did. Now is not the time to churn up silliness or bring up bad points - it's good etiquette to let her rest and focus on her good points," she says.

:confused: "But if people are politically anti her, I hope they will be kind enough to say they didn't agree with her, but they respect what she did."

But many people didn't respect what she did. I didn't respect what she did.

Are we supposed to to pretend everything was OK really, what a nice old lady she was really ? Just because she's dead ?

She took little notice of criticism while alive, I hardly think its going to bother her much now.

As for the question of repect for the dead... respect has to be earned while you're alive.

All the vitriol she's received, she earned...and is at least an honest reaction.

9. Wolfman's Brother

Wolfman's Brother Member

yeees finely rust in peace iron bitch

10. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Jean Smith needs to keep its mouth firmly shut. I've actually enjoyed watching all this vermin come out of the woodwork and suck up to their scummy "leader". We're not talking about a % here or there on income tax. We're talking a piece of shit that should've been executed as a traitor against Britain. Many countries have had civil wars over much less. At the least, Thatcher narrowly avoided spending the rest of its miserable days in jail.

Its nice to see dogshit like her have actually identified themselves to the whole population. Good examples are that camp, attention whoring prick David Beckham.. and many joke politicians pandering to this arsehole that would lower the tone of a blocked sewer.

"etiquette advisor". If I was at a dinner party, perhaps she could advise me what knife to use... to stab her thro the neck... :rolleyes:

11. JassieLeigh

JassieLeigh Member

She was human at the end of the say and done what she thought was right. Should she have an 8 mil funeral? No.

12. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Well Hitler's supporters said exactly the same thing.
    THe only difference between the 2 is that he had a bigger army, and knew he could get away with more. Thatcher just had her friends and business partners commit genocide and the like...
    (Suharto, Pinochet, Pol Pot, S Africa etc etc...)

13. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

im lol im 17 n i hate thatcher!!! shez so mean her policises were horrid i still feel them today!!! omg so glad she dead n buried!! newayz where my giro i need to buy cider roflololololhahah #

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Wish I could blame current things on people that havent been in power for 23 years

15. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

i am so gonna come back on this thread when i'm done reading the whole thing... i started reading it and selecting posts to quote and respond to, but my list would've like taken over three pages alone, so i thought i'd give you lot a break and not do that...

i'll just briefly say, i went to the party in TS and celebrated her passing because she was a wicked witch who did nothing for no one except greedy fuckers... it is not childish to celebrate her passing imo, but an expression of relief that there is one less bitch in the world... she was cold and hard... i altered slightly an epitaph i saw recently... i changed it to this: "Iron Lady? May she RUST in piss!!!" - i celebrated my grandfathers passing in much the same way and it feels gooooood! i didn't go to TS only to celebrate her passing but to show that not everyone thought she "saved" this country, as most MSM will have the masses thinking... i wanted to be there to be with people who remember, or who know of the devastation she wrecked on communities across the country... i don't think i'd have gone to celebrate just any old witches passing, but hers... yup... what is more, i suspect she will be re-born in a bedsit that belongs to a dark magician... that'll learn her! arf...

ps i do feel sorry for carol tho... it was her mummy after all.. i always felt sorry for carol...

16. Mr. Frankenstein

I know you're finding this hard to grasp, but please do try... the effects of policies do not suddenly stop happening when their instigator loses power. They sometimes reverberate down through the years. Centuries even - 300+ years and Ireland still hasn't totally healed the rifts caused by political interference from England.

In many ways this is still Thatcher's Britain. Ideologies introduced during her time still hold sway amongst the current government, who seem bent on increasing their inherent nastiness to the max.

Had Thatcher never gained power, I believe Britain would be in far better shape now, and a much happier place.

I keep saying this, but the scenes surrounding Thatchers death are unprecedented in modern Britain. Do you not think that their might be a reason for this ? People aren't just doing it to be bloody-minded... people are doing it because they feel it's an event worthy of celebration.

Frankly, I 'm beginning to think we should start having a Thatcher Night every April - bonfires, fireworks, music, and Maggie effigies going up in smoke.

17. Mr. Frankenstein

I wouldn't waste too many tears. She's had a career as a journalist, on account of who her mother was, that her debatable talents would never normally have got her.

In 2007 she travelled to the Falkland Islands and Argentina for the documentary Mummy's War...pity Mummy didn't have to actually go and kill people herself. Always so much neater when you can order other people to do it.

During her stay in Argentina she met a group of mothers who lost their sons during the conflict and stated, with all the sensitivity of her mother - "We were fighting a war; we won, you lost," and reminded them that it was their country that invaded the islands, thus initiating the conflict. The interview ended with one of the women claiming that "God will punish her (Margaret Thatcher)".

And diplomatic as ever, in 2009 she got the heave-ho from the BBC for making racist comments about a black tennis player.

I think we can be grateful she never followed her mother into politics.

18. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

^^^ well bollocks to her imperialness too then... and there's me thinking she was the good twin... thanks for enlightening me :)

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]
    GOOD, BAD, or EVIL? Former PM Margaret (The Iron Bitch) Thatcher
    now Rusts In Peace (RIP) 2013

hotwater :2thumbsup:

20. Mr. Frankenstein

Well to be fair, compared to her slimy brother, she would qualify as the good twin.

Mark Thatcher - During the mid- to late 1980s concerns were frequently expressed in relation to his business affairs. In 1984 his mother faced questions in the House of Commons in relation to his involvement in representing a British company Cementation, a subsidiary of Trafalgar House to build a university in Oman at a time when the prime minister was urging Omanis to buy British.

He has denied claims made that in 1985 he received millions of pounds in commission in relation to the £45 billion Al-Yamamah arms deal, a controversial arms sale by BAE to Saudi Arabia which was possibly the largest arms sale ever; he has not disputed that a house in Belgravia , London was purchased for him for £1 million in 1987 by an offshore company controlled by Wafic Said, a middleman in the deal.

In 1986 his mother faced questions in the House of Commons again over her son's relationship with the Sultan of Brunei. The government's PR advisers suggested that it would be best if he left the country !

So he was banished to Texas, and later spent time in Switzerland as a tax exile until he was forced to leave when the Swiss authorities started to question his residency qualifications.

Back in the USA in 1996 he was prosecuted for tax evasion, at which point he moved to South Africa.

In 1998 South African authorities investigated a company owned by Thatcher for allegedly running loan shark operations. According to the Star of Johannesburg', the company had offered unofficial small loans to hundreds of police officers, military personnel and civil servants and then pursued them with debt collectors.

In 2003, following the death of his father he assumed the title of 'Sir' due to his Thatcher Baronetcy , a year before he was arrested in South Africa in connection with the 2004 Equatorial Guinea coup d'état attempt to which he pleaded guilty of breaking anti-mercenary legislation in January 2005. At this time the Sunday Times suggested that he had personal assets of £60 million, most of which was in offshore accounts.

He moved to Monaco on a temporary residency permit.His Monaco residency was not renewed as he was said to be on a list of 'undesirables' who would not be allowed further residency and he was required to leave by mid-2006.

He was refused a entry visa to the USA due to his conviction in South Africa.

He was refused residency in Switzerland and settled in Gibraltar where he married his second wife in 2008. In 2013 he was reported to spend most of his time in Marbella. He was in Barbados when he received news of his mother's death.

Oh yes, compared to this individual his sister, with her casual racism and lack of diplomatic tact is like Snow White.

I do hope someone at the Tax authorities is checking up to see how much UK tax he has avoided over the years.

My god, what a dysfunctional family !