Diffrence between male and female

Discussion in 'Organic Cannabis Growing' started by Colasisof l'd, Dec 30, 2010.

1. odon

odon Slightly Popular

We aren't anymore you will pleased to know.

2. Colasisof l'd

Colasisof l'd Member

oh, well i dont think people have really anwsered my question yet either, or not what i was aiming for..do feminized seeds produce more resin and seeds compared to regular seeds which just give you one supply of weed? or am i a idiot

3. odon

odon Slightly Popular

To be fair, I think the answer was given as: You can't tell when they are seeds. You have to wait till they bud/flower.
    If you look online for those differences you will be over-whelmed.

"Do feminized seeds produce more resin and seeds compared to regular seeds?"

Yes (regular meaning: Male)

4. Colasisof l'd

Colasisof l'd Member

i think i get it now but an you smoke male plants? and which gender plant gives off better herbs? i only want mabye 1 plant for myself so i dont care if they dont produce seeds for me

5. odon

odon Slightly Popular

With Males I think it is about diminishing returns.
    (like with most males)
    Females only get better.
    (not like most females)

6. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Experienced grower like female plants because you can keep her for a long time and take cuttings, you replant the cuttings and they flower immediately and produce buds. It's all down to how long the plant has been growing, a small cutting will flower because the mother plants has matured for several months.

7. Colasisof l'd

Colasisof l'd Member

alright thanks guys, i bought 5 feminized seeds (aurora indicas) like an hour ago will i be able to get bud from that ? i read somewhere males are pretty much useless for personal smokers so i got the feminized seeds. hope it works out ok :)

8. SoulVibrations

SoulVibrations celestial viator

I don't mean to be harsh, but i think you better start with some bag seed. You obviously have less than the basic knowledge of a pot head, your not going to get your moneys worth from those femi. seeds without some experience.

Get some bag seed, get rid of the males, sometimes you can tell males before flowering, although again, this comes with experience, and let your females go. The bud will be FAR better than what you got the seed from.

9. Colasisof l'd

Colasisof l'd Member

well, what do you mean bag seed

10. SoulVibrations

Buy some weed that has seeds in it and use them.

Males aren't good for anything but pollinating females, thats it.

If you don't have any experience or any basic knowledge, then my best advice would be to get some, through experience and reading. Paying money for 5 seeds isn't a bad idea, but if its going to be your first grow its better for you to practice with something that cost way less per seed. Like a bag of shitty brick weed. You might get 50 seeds for like 10 bucks.

And like i said earlier, the buds that you end up with will be far better than the ones you got the seed from. google sensimilia(sp?). Remove your males, let the females continue to flower, since there are no males to pollinate your females you will have no seeds in the weed you grow. Plus, the energy the plant saves from not producing seeds will go into bud growth.

have fun.

11. Colasisof l'd

Colasisof l'd Member

I figured out what you meant by bag seed at like 10 last night
    I didn't know what you were saying but then I thought "he's talking about seeds in regs" ahaha

Yea I haven't sent out any forms to Nirvana seeds yet, I think i'm going to get them and then save them until I know everything i need to know

Thanks for the help SoulVibrations!

12. SoulVibrations

No problem man.

Read and learn, best thing to do. There is so much info its crazy, get very familiar with all aspects before you attempt anything, you should know the whole process in your head before actually doing it. This way you can avoid the little easy things you might otherwise over look and then be scrambling to correct.

Its a bit outdated now but still for the price its good.
    https://www.discountbooksale.com/p91672/Marijuana-Indoors-Five-Easy-Gardens.html