Did you ever have a crazy parent of a partner

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by unfocusedanakin, Feb 1, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Like a dad who is "cleaning" his gun when you come by to get his daughter? Or maybe a mom who insists she text all night. In general right off the bat they think you are no good.

I did once and it was kind of funny. I was 16 and I guess he thought he would intimidate me. I liked this girl and she had told me "my dad is a little strange please be polite" and I planned to.

So I ring the doorbell and walk in wearing nice cloths. She takes me into the kitchen to meet everyone and there he is with a Ar-15 on the table. I will never forget he stands up to shake my hand. First words he ever says to me are "you have a weak handshake". I was about 5 or 6 inches taller than him and at the time played football and I remember thinking right away how funny it was that right away he seemed to insecure. Like why would you say that?

But still I really wanted to get off on the right foot and was ready for this hazing. This girl had said several times she loved her dad. And I guess part of me thought I could earn something from him. I mean I was not afraid he would shoot me and do time I mean he can't see his girl then so he will not. And I was a above average size teenage boy full of hormones. I could have fought if I had to I am at my peak and this man is in his 40's and out of my weight class. And of course I am a gentleman who treats ladies right. Nothing to worry about and no reason why he should hate me.

Next words he says are "you know what this is?" I say "that is a assault riffle sir". He says "Wrong kid! why is this an assault riffle?" I said "I don't know it shoots lot of bullets" which got a nice smirk out of him. I have since learned this was probably what he hoped I would say. He feels smart and he knows he does not like me since I am clearly not a gun person. I was not up to date on the whole "this is not an assault riffle" double speak of gun owners then.

He says "treat my daughter wrong and you will find out how many". Keep in mind I have never met this man in my life. Several times after that when I came over I would catch him in the middle of some activity that had to be meant to scare me.

This girl is now married to someone who apparently has shot guns with dad. So at least he must be happy now.

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No but a couple of mothers claimed to have had headaches when their sweet innocent daughters came home with a black guy.

Always got along with fathers mostly because of my aspirations to join the military and my love of collegiate and professional sports.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

most of my relationships don't seem to make it to the meeting the parents stage. which i guess is good in that i don't have to deal with crazy parents, but not so good for every other reason.

i do have a male friend who is 28 or 29 years old, lives with his parents, and his mom still checks up on him constantly. as in multiple texts or calls every time we hang out. we went to a new years eve party this year and his mom demanded to know the address of the party. if i was gay, i wouldn't date him just because of his mom. also, i don't think he would be my type.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i think that's sort of the stereotype, and what one usually expects. i've been pleasantly surprised to find otherwise several times.
    all of which is a bit of a long time ago now.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I would never have called any of my friends dads "sir"

Pffft

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I had a boyfriend in high school whose dad was the cleaning the gun type, but he and I got along great. Once he discovered I liked classic rock and other music from his youth he started burning me mixed cds :D we were pals. But I felt sorry for his daughters, he was relentless with their boyfriends. Cupcake was his favorite nickname for someone who wasnt up to his standards of masculinity and he would always call them cupcake to their faces and just talk down to them in the most emasculating way. I got a kick out of it though, even though he was a dick.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I was never in a hurry to meet my gfs parents just for the chance they're crazy or just crazy boring. The ones i did took notice of (i never made a relationship last that long.. so far :p so never knew the parents that well) were actually delightfully sane. Some did were crazy boring. So i was right about that :D

Oh yeah, we once were at a birthday party of a female classmate i flirted with (we only kissed). Her dad came check on us every hour. It was kind of killing the mood in general because his motive was obvious, and no i wasn't trying to get in her pants that night. We were joking about it at the end of it just because of her dad. I don't actually blame him though or find him that weird in retrospect.

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Back in my teenage years, a girl was keen to go out with me, but I had not realized that it was after I had casually mentioned that I don't wear shoes around the house.
    When I turned up wearing shoes, she seemed very deflated and kept asking me if I was going to take them off before we went out. Needless to say we never went out again.
    I had never heard of a foot fetish at the time, so as you can imagine, I just assumed that she was a bit weird.

It is probably only the last few weeks on HF that has educated me.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  9. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I went into a girlfriends house and the dad happened to be cleaning the gun too. So i pulled out my gun from my pocket and said "oh cool, i like guns too. I just cleaned mine as well." The look on his face was priceless. He seemed speechless. So i was like "oh no worries. You won't need to worry about your daughter again. Anyways, we're just going to hang out at the cemetery, i won't be long." Then i gave him a smirky smile and a wink as i left.

10. deviate

deviate Senior Member

This was normal where I grew up. But then we’d end up talking about guns. One dad in the country showed me his backhoe and told me how fast he could dig a grave and had 200 acres to hide me. Had a mother tell me she has a .45 and a shovel and nobody will miss me. I said don’t worry ma’am I’ll respect your daughter and she started crying and hugging me.

I could go west and date the country girls or east into downtown. In the city, the parents never gave a shit.

11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

LOL....Love It...... :D

Cheers Glen.

12. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

My girlfriend's mom. We get along but we're just fundamentally different people. If she ever tried to get to know me on a deep level she wouldn't like me because I don't believe in the same things as her. So I have a very surface relationship with her.

When I first met her the first thing my girlfriend said was to make sure that when her mom asked me if I believe in God, I should say yes. And I believe in God...ish. Not the way she does but whatever. When I talk to her it's mostly her talking about what her opinions are and I sit there and listen, but I don't agree or offer my opinion because she doesn't want to hear anything that isn't "You are right, your word is gospel and anyone who thinks different is going to hell". I know this because anytime we are around her she'll rant about liberals and sinners and this and that, but when we verbally expressed that we didn't like Trump, she was ready to disown my girlfriend.

In other words, she is cuckoo kachoo.

13. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yeah I wouldn’t have the patience for that. I give ya credit.

la Principessa likes this.
  14. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

What the fuck is wrong with people? Why would you think it was even remotely ok to show off your guns in front of your daughter's boyfriend? Your daughter is not a moron, and I am sure she doesn't need some self-important asshole threatening her dates. Jesus fuck, that is such a gross power trip.

15. Asmodean

An important factor here is that every dad once was a teenage horndog himself :p So they know a lot of boys just wanna get laid and they will lie in order to get some.

16. And guys seeing dad's guns will help how?

Has anyone ever shot their teenage daughter's boyfriend? How often does that happen lol?

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

So what? Girls wanna get laid too, so it works out.

Also, what is he going to do if he catches them having sex? Shoot him? Being arrested for murder seems like a fair price to pay for making sure your lil princess remains pure.

18. Asmodean

It's a desperate method. I hope if I ever get a daughter it will be a lesbian tomboy :p

Lol I would be suprised if it hasn't over there.

19. Asmodean

I'm not saying its the right approach, I'm just saying I understand the dad. And there are just as much teen girls looking for a relationship than only getting laid. The thing is the far majority of teenage guys only wants to get laid. And they think they must fake craving a relationship in order to get some. They mainly want to be in a relationship in order to get sex. Fathers know this. So they freak out.

20. deviate

deviate Senior Member