Did You Ever Find Your ‘Dream Lover’ ?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Boozercruiser, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Looking for that Dream Lover?
    Perhaps sing this to someone you fancy?

2. Boozercruiser

3. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Aww xxxxx

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Maybe I met her but then she was taken :p

Wow, had no idea you were in the states for 7 years!

mysticblu21 and Candy Gal like this.
  5. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Cheering people up is fine. I understand that. But i do think some people will fill other people's minds with a bunch of false hope and empty promises and that can lead to a larger let down if it doesn't happen. There is no guarantee that you will even be alive tomorrow let alone find a relationship. Not trying to be some debbie downer, just being realistic. And i prefer people to be honest and realistic with me than to lie to me.

I had a co-worker a few years back who told me that he doesn't think any women would give me a chance. There was no resentment between us, we were cool with each other. It wasn't because i'm some horrible person. More so the way i function in life. And he himself stated he never met anyone like me in his life. I live a reckless lifestyle and sometimes make bold decisions. So for him it was more a honest observation. Whether he is right or wrong, i guess only time will tell. But so far he's right. Either way i don't depend on relationships or friends to make me happy. I don't even seek them out.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i am with total darkness on this one. i know when people say stuff like that, they're just trying to be helpful, so i can't be upset with them about it or anything like that. but ultimately it's a flat out lie to say that something that may happen definitely will, and i find it to not be particularly helpful. i know it feels patronizing when it happens to me, and it does nothing to actually help the person solve their problem, possibly even making it worse if they take it at face value and assume there's nothing they need to change.

7. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

Yep. I found her when she was a freshman in high school and I was a sophomore. We went steady until she graduated, and then she had to be free to date others in college until we got engaged. We married after she graduated and I was in graduate school. We are still together over 40 years later. We danced many times to "Dream Lover."

CloudyMushroom likes this.
  8. Boozercruiser

You just made my day with your lovely post old.
    In fact.
    I am filling up here! :smile:

olderndirt and CloudyMushroom like this.