Did You Attend Your High School Reunion(S) .....with A Toaster?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Pete's Draggin', Feb 16, 2017.

1. ermagerd

ermagerd Members

I did participate in my five year. It was fun and there were definitely some people that I had missed.

2. zer0

zer0 Members

I think I had scheduled a pap smear for that day. And I'm male.

scratcho and maelstromaz like this.
  3. maelstromaz

maelstromaz The more I know, the less I understand.

The closest I have been to a HS reunion was downloading a choppy video of the most recent reunion. I only recognized 5 people out of about 200. The friends I had then and some others that lived close to me are almost all deceased, most of those were excess partying types and into drugs, etc.

4. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I have never been to a high school reunion. I was surprised a couple years back when they found my address (I never changed my maiden name). I graduated in 1968. The closest I have come to a high school reunion is watching Grosse Point Blank.

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I graduated in 57. I went to one back in the 90s. Everyone that used to organize them is now dead, so I suppose--no more reunions.

6. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I went to the 10th and decided there was really nobody I really cared to see or vice versa. I was glad that what's - her - name didn't show up, wasn't sure how that would have gone.

I guess what really shocked me was the people that had died....l

~Zen~ likes this.
  7. Time Out of Mind

Time Out of Mind Members

I wouldn’t go to an official class reunion for all the bourbon in Kentucky.

My high school was ruled by holier than thou kids. Of course they got from their parents. Not being Christian Reformed, or of Dutch lineage,I may as well have been a satan worshipper.

I have kept in touch with the ones I cared about since we all left the school property in ‘85. I moved to the lakeshore 2 months later.

I looked up a lot of old classmates when Facebook became a thing. Was fun for a few weeks. Was interesting to see what ppl were up to. I have no ill will for any of them, but I damn sure ain’t gonna hang around them for an evening.

Sumbaljack likes this.
  8. Constantine666

Constantine666 Members

No. There have been 4 reunions since I graduated, I didn't attend any of them.
    Everyone from High School I cared to see, I've been in touch with since graduation. we never lost touch. The rest of the school didn't concern me.

9. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My wife and I were scheduled to go to number 60 this year…..but I came down with one of my twice yearly prednisone induced infections and spent 4 days in the hospital at the time so….

like many other places our modest sized city was a place where money, especially old money, set the pace and everyone else was insignificant. Permeated the high school and since married women were not allowed to be teachers, the same cadre of old unmarried women made up the teaching corps. Class after class. Year after year.

College was a huge relief….no more insignificance.

Toker likes this.
  10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I went to my 50th. We had to drive about three and a half hours to get to it.
    Met a few old friends from junior and senior high and about ten "kids" from my grade school.
    Had a nice time.

Also, about two years before that I went to a "mega" school reunion that included about ten graduating classes.
    That was cool as I got to talk to some friends who were older or younger than I was.

Toker and KathyL like this.
  11. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

My 50th reunion was cancelled due to covid. They tried again the next year, but it too got cancelled due to lack of interest.

I like the idea of a mega reunion with any alumni from my school. I wanna meet Schumer and Sanders, but alas Ruth has gone on to that Supreme Court in the sky... I would've asked her to dance.

MeAgain likes this.
  12. drock69

drock69 Members

I have no desire to go to any more reunions.
    The most fucked up people are always the ones that want to stay in touch!