Did we ask to be born on this planet?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by verminous_plague, Jun 25, 2014.

1. verminous_plague

verminous_plague Banned

stop trolling noxious! that's not very polite? in fact it's bordering on harassment. maybe you need the timeout?

2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

All I know is its NOT THE SAME PLACE IT WAS WHEN I WAS BORN! (1968)

The world died in the 80s and by 2000 was complete crap....

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The words of a flexible and adaptable human being lol

Noserider likes this.
  4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i dont usually agree with mr green here but this post is accurate

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I think this sometimes and my next thought is 'why would someone choose to be born in a famine plagued country'

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

while there are seldom more then one livable planet to a solar system, and some might not have any, there ARE billions of other solar systems, many with sapient, nothing like human, sapient populations, that randomly you could as easily and likely have been born on, as this one. and in you next and previous lives, very likely will or have been.

memories don't travel between lives, nothing to remember them with when there's no physical substance of functioning brain.
    and since life evolves so completely indipendently on one from another, it wouldn't do much good if they did.

along with life evolving indipendently, likewise do cultures, which i suspect, was somewhat more to the point of the question.
    and up until less then about a hundred years ago, cultures were extremely divierse, even on just this earth.
    there still is considerable divergence between say bhutan and switzerland for example,
    though not neraly the number of diverse cultures as once existed,
    and, after what is almost inevitably going to happen with the environment in a very few decades, if not years,
    when and if there aren't enough people left to maintain the kind of infrastructure we're familiar with,
    very likely indipendent tiny villages will again culturally diverge.

7. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

What are our other choices?

8. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

The other choice is to accept that ya'll are puttin' way to much thought into this

RetiredHippie likes this.
  9. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Life can be hard at times but it’s also beautiful. I didn’t ask to be here but seeing that I’m here, I should make the best of things.

scratcho and Idlewild like this.
  10. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

Nah, shit like that pops into my head with no thought whatsoever.

Running Horse likes this.
  11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

^same

It's the kind of thought that just floats around while I get on with life but lots of people tell me they don't have time to think about it.

RetiredHippie likes this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They're erased from memory (in fact all our memory before birth is erased) after we make the choice. But it is rumoured every quadrant of the galaxy has a planet that sustains sentient life. So I don't know what the other choices are, only that there are at least 3 other choices.

13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Take me to sick bay.

Alonso376 likes this.
  15. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

It's full at the moment. We have to self-medicate.

16. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

A girl has to have her secrets, and mother nature is no exception, because she has the mentality of a two year old. Nature reflects the collective will, or ego, of the collective unconscious, which also has the mentality of a two year old as individuals. Your own subconscious mind more clearly reflects your soul, and everything can be said to express neotenic tendencies, or the retention of youthful features and ignorance. The brain actually works hard determining what memories it can forget, and we have to be unconscious for a significant portion of the day in order to become conscious beings. Death may be the greatest of all possible blessings, but in a multiverse ruled by the collective unconscious, few adults may find that comforting to know. Hence, the very reason we have developed logic and science, because nature can be as mindless as humanity and, the only thing everyone I know agrees upon, is our journey appears to be never-ending, but not all that memorable.

The important thing is to pay it forward sucker, or pay the price, because you can't live on memories alone. In contrast, where am I, who am I, and what the fuck am I doing here can only make sense by paying it forward. Having the soul of a two year old and no memories of a previous life, makes the afterlife more egalitarian than this one, and ensures, if there is such a thing as reincarnation, everyone starts on a level playing field.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  17. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Grow up.

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The post you quoted was from Jun 25, 2014... He's 6 years older by now.

Alonso376 likes this.
  19. Mr Woosh.

Mr Woosh. Members

God. I dont think so.

F

20. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

I asked to be born... filled out the form, and I distinctly remember checking the option to be born to rich parents or at least parents who actually wanted to have children. I want my money back.