Did I miss my chance?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by PAman, Jun 15, 2013.

1. PAman

PAman Member

The last year and a half has been hard on me. My girlfriend left, and so did all of my friends. I was treated for depression as well. But, I'm getting better and would like to venture back out.

A few months ago, I reconnected with an old female friend that I had a crush on in high school. We chatted on Facebook, then we exchanged numbers and talked on the phone every week for a couple months. She lives a couple hours away and invited me to the city for a visit. I stayed for a few days and whatnot. Anyway, I am more of the gentleman type, so this consisted of me opening doors, which amazed her, and sleeping on the couch without any sexual hints. My gentlemanly ways may have gotten in the way when she forgot clothes after a shower and asked me to turn my head. My coworkers claim she was hinting at something, but I don't know. After running around sightseeing, we stayed up for hours just talking and sharing stories. Also, during the whole trip, we both would kind of stare at each other. I don't think she knows that I saw it out of the corner of my eye though.

Anyway, I have no idea if there was flirting or not, because I suck at picking it up and doing it myself. There is too much to even type out here, so if anyone has any questions to help figure out whether I'm an idiot and missed signals, I do welcome them.

2. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Well, if you like the girl, then why not ask her out? I'm a gentleman type myself(without being excessive about it though, lol) so I'd definitely do the same thing you did in situations where a girl wasn't dressed and asked me to turn around and away from her. It's common courtesy, and I for one think it's good that you understand it.

If you'd like to pursue a relationship with her, then ask her out. Unless, of course, you two naturally become romantically involved, and thus completely eliminating the need for one of you to even ask the other out. But I think you probably DO need to with this girl, since you're already on here asking about this matter. Trust your instinct, and ask her out when you feel the right moment has arrived.

Good luck. :)

3. PAman

PAman Member

Thanks. I totally want to ask, but I worried about distance. She is like two hours away. I don't really have a problem with it, but she might.

4. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

No problem. Well, talk to her about it. Either she feels the same way about you, or she doesn't. You wouldn't know unless you ask.

Trust me, though; I would LOVE to have the two-hour distance with my girl. You can spend the two-hour travel time(by car, I presume?) to go see her. I'd have to take two airplanes and travel 5000 miles if I wanted to see my SO, not to mention thousands of money on travel expenses at a time. If the girl's worth the two-hour travel time, then I'd talk to her about it if I were you. ;)

5. shinninglikeme

shinninglikeme Banned

WOw,
    thats a great ray of hope for you. EvEn i would suggest the same, To tell her is
    about how you feel for her now and also in high school.But all u have to do is at the right time...

6. PAman

PAman Member

Yeah, she is totally worth the travelling. I just have to wait for the right time to bring it up.

7. PAman

PAman Member

Thanks. Yeah, I need to wait for the right opening.

8. deenalowens

deenalowens Guest

Life's too short to hesitate. You're going to lose it and she'll move on, trust me.
    Make the move