Dextromethorphan [DXM] FAQ

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by MeatWagon499, Jun 17, 2008.

1. autumnbreeze

autumnbreeze Member

Please don't mix MOAI's with DXM. It can indeed dull your trip. It can also kill you. Serotonin syndrome is no joke. Watch your drug interactions folks, do your research.

2. popamor

popamor Guest

does anyone know a reliable and cheap, pure DXM provider? i am a responsible adult in my mid 20s and have been experienced in DXM since i was 15. i have had my own powder supply befor and only used it once a week. if you know of any supplier please PM me. thank you.. i am not interested in selling any of it.

3. 7yson

7yson Guest

For anyone looking for DXM, here's an update just incase you weren't aware.

To my knowledge CVS no longer carries any DXM-only products in pill forum. I wasn't looking for syrups but I didn't see any of the typical only-dxm brands.

All pill forums contain either Acetaminophen, Guaifenesin, or Phenylephrine. Acetaminophen, and Phenylephrine are both toxic, and Guaifenesin will just make you puke your guts out.

Trust me on this one, I looked extensively. Kroger still carries syrups, I'm not sure about gelcaps or pills. However if youre under 18, kroger has an age limit on most pharmaceuticals and if you're going to use the self-checkout the machine will cry out 'please show your ID to the cashier'. It's really just a matter of making sure the cashier isn't around. Mind you the door sensors will probably ring.

4. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

the cvs over here still carries robitussin gel caps which are dxm only. and also delsym cough syrup which is dxm only and tastes good too. drink 2 5oz bottles. holy shit haha

5. Ephemeralone

Ephemeralone Member

I used to be on Prozac, which is an SSRI. To reinforce the above quote, NEVER take DXM with a MAOI or SSRI.

My first four trips were when I was taking prozac. I though I was dying every time and I developed the beginnings of Serotonin Syndrome. I should have gone to to the hospital. I also noticed that (I've taken Delsym every time, easiest to find here) when I was on the SSRI and tripping I would feel great for up to 2 days. That was the serotonin that I fucked with. The problem with that feeling is that it means I could have been seriously hurt the night before.
    I tripped once I got off the prozac and my experience was 100% better and my life was at a much lower risk.

EDIT: I realize how stupid it was to mix the two, even though I knew it was dangerous. I've grown and learned from my mistakes, so there is no point in telling me how dumb it was. Thanks.

PS This is a great sticky.

6. O.D.T.

O.D.T. Member

Our walmart put ROBO behind the counter thanks to the secret getting out.

7. Ephemeralone

Ephemeralone Member

Woah hey, I read that different sized pupils is indicative of a stroke...google that shit though.

Yeah, Serotonin Syndrome can kill you, but it's usually not fatal. I've had it a couple times, just mild, and it just makes you VERY uncomfortable and you think you are going to die.
    If you are on SSRI's or MAOI's DO NOT take DXM.

8. cooperfan1

cooperfan1 Member

Thought I would add in one of my own personal DXM experiences:

The other day I found a bottle of Vicks Non Drowsy cough syrup that had NOTHING in it but Dextromethorphan. I downed about half of it then took about 20 liquid gel Robos. This, while not the highest dose Ive ever done, was BY FAR the wildest, craziest, hallucinogenic trip ive ever had. It came on in about 30-40 mins and from there I could barely stand, walk, talk, hear, or think. I wasnt even sure weather it was euphoria or incoherent mind blanking. I would drift in and out of trips, and vivid visuals. At one point i looked up, saw that i was laying in a feild of grass. The sky suddenly turned black and the walls turned to grass and closed in around me. It was creepy. I also thought that my friend who was only napping, was dead and slowly being pulled into the ground.

If anyone wants to dose out and REALLY see shit and feel mixed/messed up then take about 700mg of DXM, mixed between Vicks and Robo gels.

Wow, Im a 19 yr old male, 130lbs, and i have quite a tolerance to pills. Ive only dexed 3 times.
    1st at 300-400mgs using only Delsym.
    2nd (accidently, i was so messed up i kept taking more and didnt realize it) 1000mgs. I mixed a whole bottle of Delsym and 30 robo gels. This was by far the best experience.
    3rd - 700mgs mixing Vicks and Robo.

9. smokecrack

smokecrack Guest

I have to say, I've been using DXM for 6 years now, and all 6 years I've been on SSRI's. After reading all this thread, it makes me think about all those "overdoses" and whatnot that I have experienced. It was Serotonin Syndrome from the sounds of it. A while ago I went through a binging spree with DXM. CCC's, to be exact. CCC's is all I usually will take. I've drunk so much Nyquil or Delsym or whatever that just the smell makes me sick, and I can't swallow enough gel caps without puking to get high, so thats left me with the C's. I have never found my use of my prescription meds and CCC's to be deadly.

However, recently I had been put on a drug called Neurontin. I guess its a nerve medicine as well as an anti-convulsant and a mood stabilizer. I used it for the latter. But my experiences when prescribed to Neurontin are exactly what this entire forum post has been warning about. I have had incidents where I could not walk or stand or even crawl without terrible falls, and I hurt myself a lot with how often I was falling trying to make it to a safe spot to come down. Normally the woods, as nobody would come across me there. I don't do CCC's alone though, there was always someone there. But I am lucky for that. I would be so high that even if I thought about it my arms and legs wouldn't go where I wanted them to. I have fallen down my stairs at home many times while on the drug.

Obviously, I don't take Neurontin anymore. Not only did it cripple me on CCC's, it negated the effects of my other pills and made me miserable beyond logical sense.

After hearing this, and knowing my own experience with SSRI's and CCC's, I wonder if really I am putting myself at such a terrible risk? Is it the nature of SSRI's themselves that make the combination so dangerous? Or is it certain types? I'm really confused. Please don't make any rude replies to this post, as I am serious, and I'd like serious, thoughtful feedback.

10. Gengar

Gengar Member

This was a really good guide regardless of if it was copied from anywhere. This is definitely the best place I've found all the info I need on DXM. About an hour ago I was at the grocery store contemplating whether I should get some Robitussin or not. I knew a fair amount about it, but was still skeptical to purchase it for recreational use. Now thanks to this guide I look forward to getting some! Thanks again!!

11. Gengar

Gengar Member

Sorry for double post.

Ok, so I have just picked up my Robitussin. I got 354 ml (3 bottles). Each one has DXM Hbr, and alcohol 1.4 % and that's it. This will be my first time, so I have a few questions. Any answers or feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

I weight 170 lbs, so 354/170 =2.08 which is an average 1st plateau dose.

Should I do this dose for my first time to see what it's like, then move on up for my next time? I've done weed, alcohol, oxy, and hydro many times, so I'm not new to mind altering substances. I'm just wondering if this is enough to have a good first experience, and still be on the safe side (so to speak).

Should I have a sitter, or someone there? Or is this dose low enough where I will probably be ok just by myself?

Should i eat a lot, or just a little during the day before taking it? I don't mind if I throw up, but I don't want to throw up a lot.

What's the best way to take it? Like 1 oz every 5 minutes to ease into the trip? Or just chug the bottle?

What should I do after ingesting all the syrup? I usually just chill after smoking weed like go on the computer, or listen to music, or watch tv. Should I have a certain playlist of music to make the experience more enjoyable? Is it more fun at night in the woods, or anything? Basically is there any kind of setting that is better than others?

Thanks to any who answer :)

12. smokecrack

smokecrack Guest

That dose would be fine for a first time, and it wouldn't be too much for you to handle on your own so you don't need a sitter, though I guess everyone is different. Have fun!!

13. Aesthete

Aesthete Member

I would not recommend doing more than 100mg if this is your first time. Reason being that something like 4% of people are deficient in the enzyme that metabolizes DXM. If you feel effects from 100mg you may be a slow metabolizer and higher doses can be unpleasant and even dangerous. If you are not a slow metabolizer of DXM, safe doses should be kept below 20mg/kg of body weight.

14. Gengar

Gengar Member

Ok, cool. The bottle says USP 15 mg. So that's 15 mg for every 118ml then? Meaning if I took 3 bottles that's 45 mg of DXM for 354 ml?

But you think I should just start out with 100ml (15mg of DXM)? Wouldn't that be a really dull buzz though?

15. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

15mg is the medicinal dose of most products with DXM. A bottle of robitussin has more than 45mg each in it.

16. Gengar

Gengar Member

Oh, damn. Thanks in advance. So should I just chug 1 bottle of 118 ml's? Or take 1 1/2? I weight 170, and I'm 5' 9" sooo..yeah.

17. Aesthete

Aesthete Member

One 4 oz bottle is 354mg of DXM and 118ml, yes. It's 15mg of DXM for every 5ml cough syrup. So you take the volume of syrup and multiply it by 3 for the mg value of DXM contained within it. So 100mg of DXM is about 33ml. You shouldn't feel much of anything with this dose. The point of not doing too much is to be sure you're not a slow metabolizer, in which case you would feel something.

18. Gengar

Gengar Member

So should I try like 50 ml then see how I feel, then if I feel fine take more?

19. Aesthete

Aesthete Member

That sounds like a safe plan.

20. flevory

flevory Guest

Nyquil Cough should be added to the products list. :)