Dextromathorpan (DXM)

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by Ocean Byrd, May 25, 2004.

1. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

damn. who would want to reach the 5th plateau? i took 1,600mg at that hotel party and i could write a little trip report for ya.

i didnt feel the comeup. i was fucking trippin all of a sudden and i didnt know why. i continually woke up in a new place in the room (kinda scary, got really scary when i started waking up outside). id get lost inside my own head, like i was a little man running a giant machine body. i had to watch all these drunk teenage girls and they were RETARDED, throwing up everywhere, passing out, trying to leave the hotel. One of them made it kinda down the way, but fell into somebody's door and pushed it open! i had to pull her drunken ass out of someone's hotel room, i kept saying "im so sorry for this sir". I carried her back to our room, but things had only gotten worse there. they had ventured outside, and were being quite loud. I convinced them all to go inside, but next thing i know im sitting at a table with the manager. i thought i was fucked for sure... He ended up just wanting to smoke our weed (it took me about an hour of conversating with him to realize this, even though he had been blateently saying it) so i packed up some bowls for him and me. Next thing i know there's a grown woman in the room, she was african american and didn't fit at all. i asked her what her name was and she insisted i called her "re-re" which i refused to because i thought she was trying to trick me into calling her retarded. I kept getting the vibe that she was sometype of prostitute or something, i mean she was OLD and dressed rather provocative. i dont remember going to sleep but my girlfriend at the time said i laid down with her and passed out instantly, and stayed clung onto her like a scared child, stiff as a brick. she tried to pry me off her for a while, but i wouldnt budge or wake up. i woke up the next morning still trippin, i think it lasted another like 3 hours after i woke up.

basically i would say low doses drag time out and make minutes feel like hours, but my high dose created lapses in time. there are portions of the night completely erased from my mind.... its hard to believe i liked it so much i tried to do it again like 3 more times, but id developed such a tolerance i take about 800mg just to get that buzz and 1g to kinda trip. it sucks, DXM lost all its magic for me =[

2. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

DXM is not worth your time, I had two experiences on it and that was quite enough, though I am without a doubt not a dissociative guy, you know brain damage sux

3. Mollyredmore

Mollyredmore Member

I agree I would not want to touch no damn 5th plateau. Im not even a fan of the third. my highest dose was about 850mg's and Its just not my type of experience.

4. FuzzWah

FuzzWah Member

i remember I had taken it pure once, the first time i ever tried it. Pretty crazy, not my preference in good trips, but it was definately something. When it had really started kicking in I was just starring up at the sky in my front yard and i didn't have the effort to get up. After a while i went inside and turned all the lights off in my room and rolled around on my bed in crazy frantic motions. I was seeing patterns of lines and shapes that were getting larger and smaller and moving around in the darkness. The visuals reminded me of those old screensavers called mystify your mind or something, with all the lines that move around.
    I tried taking it a couple times thereafter in coriciden and other forms, but nothing had quite reached the same effect. Overall i would not suggest it, its a pretty dirty trip, not real uniform in the way it effects the thought processes. If you really want to just trip on something that's legal then you should check out 2ci and 2ce, and there's plenty of other legal drugs with low reputations.

5. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

fuck DXM.
    even at 1.5g it wasnt too much fun or introspective.
    GO SPECIAL K!
    GO MUSHROOMS!

6. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

I have tried DXM numerous times all in the pure form wether it was the pure pill or gell caspels. I like DXM but doing it too many times can fuck with your brain big time. As for relating the substance to Ketamine and PCP I can't say anything for I have never tried those.

7. xhipchick4ux

xhipchick4ux Member

That's pretty much what happened to me too.

8. akbal

akbal Member

For future reference, the 5th plateau refered to here is called Plateau Sigma. While one can generally reach the first four plateaus by dosing in a single session (i.e. a given number of mg within an hour or so), to reach Sigma one reportedly must carefully take several different doses over a period of time. (This could be quite dangerous for the inexperienced dexxer). A Sigma trip can last several days, and from what I have been told is a more lucid trip, but one in which your awareness is elevated to extreme levels. This can apparently be a _very_ rewarding trip but one must be sure they know their reaction to dex well, and also be able to take at least 3 days away from work as you will probably be unable to function normally for a while.

9. akbal

akbal Member

For future reference, the 5th plateau refered to here is called Plateau Sigma. While one can generally reach the first four plateaus by dosing in a single session (i.e. a given number of mg within an hour or so), to reach Sigma one reportedly must carefully take several different doses over a period of time. (This could be quite dangerous for the inexperienced dexxer). A Sigma trip can last several days, and from what I have been told is a more lucid trip, but one in which your awareness is elevated to extreme levels. This can apparently be a _very_ rewarding trip but one must be sure they know their reaction to dex well, and also be able to take at least 3 days away from work as you will probably be unable to function normally for a while.

crackforkids, I sympathise. I have no desire to go there either.

10. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

I weigh 165lbs, my reccomended dose for a Fourth Plateau is 1337mg. Yes, I have done it, with some regularity.

Cranberry crush (thats what we call dex) is my favorite entheogen, I ingest it somewhat often. Usually only a few times a month, but I did a five day binge two weeks ago and a three day one the day before yesterday (and the couple days before it)

I usually only go for a third plateau but usually end the binge with a fourth, and unintentionally reach Sigma somewhere inbetween. That's only been good twice. I mean a good tirp. It's always good to reach it.

11. DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman Member

The only way I've tried it was as a "chaser" to 6 dramamines. Supposedly with a bottle of Romilar, you could get the same effect from 6 as from 12 without it, and it worked. The hallucinations were a combination of acid-like patterns, but less symmetrical, and real hallucinations, not quite like the really freaky stuff you hear about from belladona, but along the same lines. I saw a tree stump that I thought was a frog, a bat with boomerangs flying off its wings, and scenery in a car with a mattress in place of all but the driver's seat, despite the fact that my eyes were closed and below the window level. Another time, a hand came up behind my record player.

Speaking of cough syrup, when you could still sign for a bottle of codeine cough syrup, I bought one, chugged it, and got nothing, but the same thing happened when I hit half a bag of scag. I did get off smoking a cigarette dipped in tincture of paregoric, which I got from someone in Virginia, where you could still sign for it and not need a prescription. I had two bizarre dreams, both ending in violence on my part, pacifist that I was. Another guy who tried it said he dreamed he woke up, thought he was still asleep, and slashed his wrists to find out.

12. DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman Member

I did try some "psilocybin" once that turned out to be a belladonna derivative. I was getting bummed out by all the gnats or mosquitoes that kept swarming around my feet. I sat at a dorm desk and saw a vending-machine refund card. The letters all came together in the middle of the card like a little pile of grass, then they turned into more gnats and flew at me.

There was a Beatles poster on the opposite wall, and I kept getting up for a closer look to try to find the motor that was making their heads move from side to side. Then one of the guys poured some bootleg whiskey into a paper cup and set it in front of me. While I was staring at it, the half-full cup filled up with foam and a little troll doll came up out of it and disappeared. It foamed again, and Snidely Whiplash stood on the edge of the cup, dove off, and disappeared before he reached my face. Oo-oo-oo-oo!

13. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

dude, you're going to end up 3 feet high and 40 something pounds when you're done developing, with all these chemicals you're bombarding your system with at your tender age..

14. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

i've never done it but i dont know if i would either. a friend of mine has done it a few times and now she has these crazy after effects coming to her like 3 months later, but for all i know those are due to all the other drugs she does.

would anyone recomend doing it?

15. Jack_Straw2208

you get used to the after effects after a while.. and i guess they usually only come after using a little bit... not the dose kids are goin for when they want to see shit.. but yeah, mostly just depersonalization from the world... a detatched feeling. you get over it.

16. Jack_Straw2208

just dont use cordacin cold and cough, or any thing that has active ingredints other than dxm.