Dextromathorpan (DXM)

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by Ocean Byrd, May 25, 2004.

1. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

I meant that it was chemically related...

2. JoneeEarthquake

JoneeEarthquake Member

I took a whole shitload of DXM at my grandmas house one day, and i almost fell in my plate at least 5 times, and then my dad came to pick me up and i had to focus so hard on walking, i couldnt focus and everything i looked at danced around and swirled, you can imagine what a car ride down a winding road blasting phish was like. Good trip, but only one hallucination was that the walls were bleeding purple blood. bad bad bad hangover though:)

3. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

4. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

I like powder, to the actual cough syrup.
    After chugging the shit to get off for a while, i can't even stand the smell of it anymore. But if you get the powder, just put it in a capsule, and pop it. Easy as that. -> and with the powder, you dont have to put a bunch of shit in you, Only like half a gram VS. a whole bottle with only like 1/2 a grams worth of DXM in it.

5. sag aloo

sag aloo Member

yeah using cough syrup is totally sad esp. wen pure powder is fucking piss cheap

I done 425mg a couple o years back quite a nice mild state very differing 2 k - 600mg prob more like a dose

6. sPiNtHeDiSc

sPiNtHeDiSc Member

Does DXM really fuck up your liver? I thought that was just the other chemical in CCC pills...I know that ive done a lot of research on DXM and i havent found anywhere that DXM itself is bad for your liver.

7. xhipchick4ux

xhipchick4ux Member

It's different for everyone on how much can effect them and put them on different plateaus. It differs based on weight and what you are taking it in. My boyfriend and I get our DXM from Coricidin. To be on 3rd Plateau for me I gotta take about 14 pills which is 415 mg. For my boyfriend he's gotta take around 19 pills (580ish mg) to get there.

[[[ 1st plateau ]]] :
    Great for conversation, yet can be a powerful trip. It all depends on the mindset. Usually one is very empathetic, and has great insights to everything. Also, the physical aspects (robo walk, the drippy feeling, etc) are present. The 1st plateau, when in a good, carefree mode, can be good for a party, or concert, though you should try and act normal, of course.
    [[[ 2nd plateau ]]] :
    All the effects of the 1st plateau are present, with the addition of more euphoria, a decreased sense of time and a decreased sense of surroundings. Unlike the later plateaus, one is still somewhat coherent on the second plateau. At this plateau, also, doing things such as dancing (though I wouldn't recommend this at a rave), spinning around, rolling, and other physical activities feels quite pleasurable. Some also report closed eye visuals (CEV's) at this plateau. The trick to getting them is to be in complete darkness and to concentrate on the visuals. The visuals aren't anything like visuals from LSD or psilocybin, rather they are more like blankets of color underneath your eyelids or a 'light show inside your head'. The 'weirdness' and alien-ness of the later plateaus is not as strong at the second plateau.
    [[[ 3rd plateau ]]] :
    Many of the effects of the first two plateaus are present, though the mark of the third plateau is the change in mental perceptions. Whereas sensory/physical effects dominate the second plateau, mental perceptions and time/space distortion are more prevalent on the third (and fourth). Insights are extraordinary. One may tend to shut him/herself away from other people in order to explore their mind at this plateau. This is definitely not a party plateau. I've found that this plateau could be some sort of 'transition' between the physical and the mental that occurs on some sort of 'highway'. The spiraling shapes and the fluid could be the highway that the transition is made on. While on this highway, thoughts and feelings of one's life will pop up. General thinking becomes deeper and more enhanced.
    [[[ 4th plateau ]]] :
    The highway can be crossed at this plateau. What is on the other side of the highway could be anything. At this point, the tripper usually looses contact with the outside world and ventures into an inward journey. Alien encounters, out of body experiences, etc are not uncommon. Some may even argue that out of body experiences are inevitable at such a rate of dissociation as the fourth plateau. I don't have to mention that this plateau is not for beginners. Note that anything above 20mg/kg (around 1200mg for a person around 60 kilograms) is dangerous and should not be done without close access to a hospital and a smart trip-sitter. Actually, for all intents and purposes, DXM shouldn't be done over 1000mg.
    [[[ 5th plateau ]]] (usually reported above 30 mg/kg) :
    There have been some reports of a 5th plateau. They include nothing of what is typically a DXM trip. The only reason why I include it here is because there seems to be a specific point where the 4th plateau ends and another plateau is reached. This is probably where DXM's dissociative stage ends and the fully anaesthetic stage begins. The 5th plateau may involve profuse sweating, vomiting, blackouts, coma, respiratory collapse, hypoxic brain damage and possibly death. After effects can last for a week. Anyone willing to reach this plateau is clearly asking for trouble and possibly death. If you go into this territory, you are lucky if you just pass out. If you are unlucky, you will first pass out and then will die.
    Visit http://third-plateau.lycaeum.org/ for more info!

8. xhipchick4ux

xhipchick4ux Member

My guy took 40 once and he was tripping out really bad, but he was fine about 24 hrs later.

9. xhipchick4ux

xhipchick4ux Member

I haven't but my boyfriend got up to 1,200 mgs once.

10. xhipchick4ux

xhipchick4ux Member

lol. The first time that I took it I was really tired so I took 16 CCC and then like 5 minutes later fell asleep, well I woke up probably a half hour later in my boyfriend's bed and I was freaking out, he told me to just calm down and enjoy it, but I woke up not able to move my legs! It was scary I told him I was gonna throw up and I tried to walk across the floor to his garbage can, and I fell, so he had to pick me up and carry me to the bathroom. Me and him stayed in there most of the nite because I couldn't move and it took me forever to be able to open my eyes without seeing triples of everything.

I was on it again 2 days ago and the wierdest visual I saw was a man eating spaghetti, but instead of having spaghetti sauce on it, he was eating it with blood. It was freaky.

11. greentea

greentea Member

DXM is the shit...i toke 12 CCCs b4 i knew it was a bad idea, anyway if any of you guys havent done this do it but i advise a few jays and a blunt to make it better...i thought i was being pushed in to clouds by a racecar. very intense next time ill take 700 mg of robitussin coughgels...we'll see that'll be fun

12. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

DXM is fun as hell. I do a 200-300mg dose when i do it. just remember to wait a month or two between each trip and youll be fine(?maybe).

13. Mabus

Mabus Member

I did 600 mg before. 40 cough and cold pills. I got incredibly sick for a few minutes, maybe 15, puked a few good times. Everything had already disolved. I thought I was a tiki head and I had like sewer running out of my mouth while I was doing it. After it all stopped I felt like a million bucks. I walked out into my friends living room and everything started shaking I thought their was an earthquake going on. It was definetly the shit. The whole night I kept tripping in and out. Pretty enjoyable. I suggest extracting the dxm and filling gel capsules full of the powder. Go to google and look up the website dextroverse. Its a website dedicated to DXM. They give some good extraction methods. Taking pills and syrups is bad on your liver. I wouldnt suggest doing it that often. I always liked the "dark" high it gave. It was like cynical but enjoyable.

14. randy

randy Member

highly do not recommend using coricidin and cough syrups, they have aceteminophen and some have other drugs in them too,

bad

try to get pure powder, it is avaialble now,

you are risking it big time by taking coricidan and cough syrups

it is virtually 100% safe by itself but safe at all in cough and cold form

good luck

15. sPiNtHeDiSc

sPiNtHeDiSc Member

some cough medicines are safe...as long as its pure. just dont go taking shit with a bunch of different chemicals in it. very unsafe

16. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

I have dexed about 5 different times, and with each experience I had both good and bad effects. Each trip usually starts out with a feeling of slowly slipping in to a dream like world. For me, it takes about an hour if not more for a trip to really kick in. On my best trips, I would get really sleepy and then fall asleep. I would then wake up after sleeping for sometime, and when I would wake up, I would find myself completely tripping. I would look around the room and time would seem distorted. Everything physically would move very slowly, but mental the world races fast. As time is distorted, the room itself becomes distorted. At that point I completely loose myself in my thoughts, and hallucinations. One thing I really love about DXM is that it motivates me and makes me think about things from such a vibrant position. Last time I dexed, I wrote down my thoughts onto a piece of paper forming a very deep story, yet when I read it sober, it was pretty hard to follow.

Warning, while DMX has some amazing results, one cannot forget that DXM can lead to some freaky times. As time is distorted, confusion rushes in and with confusion comes fear and paranoia. If the mood of the trip takes on an upsetting toll remind yourself you are on DXM and that you are tripping and kinda force yourself to enjoy the trip, since it starts to turn the trip 180 degrees.

One thing that is always common at least for me in my trips is smiling, confusion, laughter, wonder, fear, and excitement.

Make sure you do not drive unless you are 100% sobered up before doing so. The next morning after my trip I found out that I had to be someplace and I had to drive. Definitely not something I want to do again.

17. sPiNtHeDiSc

sPiNtHeDiSc Member

I never really understood this...DXM isnt like most hallucinogens in the sense that there isnt really such thing as a good or bad trip...its more like a mix between the "gauranteed good time" of some drugs and the closed eye hallucinations of shrooms or weed. I really never get paranoid or have suicidal thoughts like shrooms can give, I just feel a nice body high and some minor hallucinations.

18. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

First time I dexed I woke up and was tripping, it felt like the entire world shifted and I was sitting there in confusion trying to figure out what was going on, what exactly I did in the time I was sleeping. I guess everyone experiances things differently though.

19. bringthepain666

bringthepain666 Member

Dxm is such a great tripp... And its so worth the posibility of throwing up, the best tripp I have ever had from dxm was this past Friday, and I was completely out of it. I dont recomend this for everyone because I dont think that everyone can handle it, it is very intense. Alot of from what I remember I was freaking out about not existing and not think that I could be real, but it was really great... But thats only because I had an "atomic explosion" from mixing two types of pills together containing Dxm... And I always make sure when Im doing it I have someone who is really experienced with it, or someone who is sober so they can watch me. But if you are gonna fuck around with Dxm do it with a bunch of people because its one of those drugs that you can end up doing something stupid if someone isnt there to watch you...

20. sPiNtHeDiSc

sPiNtHeDiSc Member

Did you smoke weed? I recently found that weed and DXM together creates a different high which is very similar to shrooms. I had never seen this type of open eye visuals before. They look just like the normal closed eye visuals you get from DXM but they are in perfect color...I almost think that they are more beautiful than shroom visuals...but anyways...weed apparently adds the open eye visuals to DXM. Think of it as a "helper drug" ;)