Dexter

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by bluedragonfly, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

2. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Never got into dexter I find it boring

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

One more episode left.

I highly doubt the reality of a killer overcoming his desires to kill, like Dexter did in last night's episode when he had the chance to kill Oliver/Daniel. From what I understand: once a killer, always a killer. But this is only fiction after all.

I was disappointed that he didn't kill him. But I've been thinking about it, and had Dexter actually killed him, he would have been caught trying to dispose of the body by the bounty hunter who is tracking down Hannah.

4. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

Yea, I couldn't believe he couldn't kill Oliver/Daniel either. What the fuck.
    Its like they are trying to make Dexter 'normal.' I hope this season ends with a bang.
    With the way its going now, the end is probably going to suck.

5. 6-eyed shaman

I just finished it all. My favorite series is all done.....

... and I'm not too excited about the ending. It should have ended with Hannah and Harrison walking away. Nothing more.

6. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Last episode left for me...
    Season 8 was awesome

7. Samee

Samee Member

The ending was dreadful imo. I would've liked to have seen Dexy meet Hannah and Harrison and then walk off together.... but I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

8. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Yeah, I bet that was just one of many endings they dreamed up.

It's not realistic that he would just give away his son. And Hannah was never expecting to have to raise Harrison by herself, how does he know she'd be a good mother?

And so where did Dexter end up? In Alaska or what? He looked real different with a beard. If he's living with the bears, good luck sneaking up on them...

I'm glad the series is over. Now I can dump Showtime... (although I might have to check out the Masters & Johnson thing!)

9. sexyirishboy

sexyirishboy Member

peace of shit of an ending

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think they were trying to show in the last season with the whole Vogel plot that he isn't a true psychopath but was more or lessed raised to be a psychopath.

I was really disappointed with this last season of Dexter. I thought it was intriguing when they brought Vogel in as a character and insinuated that she might have been guiding Dexter's dark passenger the whole time...but it didn't really go where I thought it was going to and that whole subplot ended up being kind of pointless.

And the end....wtf!?! I think that ending would have been okay if they had shown him walk into his cabin to a body lying on his kill table. I would have been okay with Dexter forsaking everything good in his life to run off and be a lonely, sad ass, demented serial killer. But the way it ended was too vague..its like, is he still killing or is he just a goddamn lumberjack? fucking stupid, that was.

11. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I was disappointed with the ending as it really was not definitive.

Unless at some point they are hoping to bring the series back, then it would be logical to end it that way.

12. 6-eyed shaman

Here's an entertainment weekly article I found that discusses the writers' explanations regarding the conclusion of Dexter. After reading it, it sure cleared some things up.

I'm not gonna c&p a full 3 page article. So click the link to read and decide for yourself

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/23/dexter-interview-series-finale/

13. M2D

M2D Member

It sure wasnt a great ending, but it wasnt as bad as everyone says it is, first of all think of all the possibilities 1. he dies 2. he goes off happily ever after 3. he ends up in jail would we rather have seen any of these endings?

as far as what actually happened, I cant stand when people say something along the lines of "uhhhh what a bad ending, hes a lumber jack now?!?!?!"

ok the ending is not that he became a lumber jack, the ending is that he faked his own death and went into exile.

14. JimInPhila

JimInPhila Member

How cool would "Return of Dexter" be!!
    It could be fairly easy as the writers already set him up in a new location on that last episode.

15. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

A great show that will be sorely missed. I was sad that it ended.