Dexter

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by bluedragonfly, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

Like 6+ hours.

2. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

I suppose in Miami you might not notice so much because it is so hot there...

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

is dexter still on?...because those first few episodes this season really turned me off and I havent bothered watching any more

4. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Yes, last week it actually was more like the old Dexter. :)

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I just answered my own post by answering yours

http://www.letmewatchthis.com/watch-4289-Dexter

6. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

It's just a slow patch to accommodate the story arc of this season. You can't expect writers to come up with great stories every episode.

7. stevedavejesus

stevedavejesus Member

i just finished season three and i dont see where they are going with it after this.

8. skip

skip Founder Administrator

The Backstory to Rita's "death".

From what I've heard, Rita was written out of the show because she quit. She has a new show where she's the star. So to replace her they have a new woman who Dexter teams up with and may even marry???

This new woman is way better than sad ol' Rita. I couldn't stand her as she seemed such a weak character. The new character, Numen is a good actress and has a great screen presence. Plus she can really change the way she looks (in a black wig, she looks totally different).

And yes it looks like the plot will soon evolve around Dexter teaching his kid since he keeps confessing to him what he does, even if he's too young to understand. Real cute kid, btw.

The new season is nearly over already! Yikes! They don't make "seasons" like they used to...

The one thing that I continue to dislike about the show are all the office romances. They seem so unlikely and have little to do with Dexter or the plot, except now with Peter Weller investigating Dexter.

I don't want to give anymore away so I'll shut up...

BTW, does everyone know that in real life Dexter is married to his sister (on the show)? They got married after the show began. That's kind of a mind fuck when you think about it...

9. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

The show is awesome. Love how Dexter is becoming more human(ized) with each episode. Yet, he is still what he is.

10. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

The Batista and the story of his descent into a divorce settlement is a bit annoying. TBH I find all the love/sex scenes a bit dull, I especially hated the Rita scenes because they just made me frustrated because she is so fucking hot, way hotter than my girlfriend!

Yeah, she's a bit of a plain jane. I think he could do better. Maybe he's a chump in real life too.

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

thanks for the spoilers ...much appreciated

12. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Don't read the thread if you don't want spoilers! Wait until you have seen it. What's the point in having a thread about it if we can't talk about what happens in it?

13. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

bitches is gonna bitch

14. M2D

M2D Member

New season in 2 weeks... looks seriously fucked up this year.... check the trailer on youtube... definitly going for a religious angle this year

15. stevedavejesus

stevedavejesus Member

Edward James Olmos is the shit.

16. skip

skip Founder Administrator

New season starting soon! Rewatched the reruns of the last season. Still a great show!

I was comparing it with the CSI type shows (which I never watch), and feel that there's far more character development and less technical and courtroom shit with Dexter. It's not about the details of the murders so much as the people behind them. That takes a whole nother style of writing to pull off.

Plus the entire crew behind Dexter is top notch! I was noticing in the last episode how there was a lot of color coordination going on in the scenes, at a level you only see in movies. And no it wasn't all blood red...

I was guessing that they got back the production company that did the wonderful intro to the show to do more of the series production because the quality seems to have improved since prior years.

17. opel diamond

opel diamond burn out

has anyone seen the latest episode of Dexter? i streamed it last night, thought it was a great start to the new season.

18. M2D

M2D Member

insane season so far only 3 left

19. TomiTH

TomiTH Member

I just finished season 6, i think you guys will enjoy the ending. It's quite the cliff hanger.

20. BuryMeInSmoke

BuryMeInSmoke Member

Dexter's one of the few TV shows I like nowadays. The ending of the last season really got me. Not gonna spoil it for those who haven't seen it but shit's about to get really interesting. Too bad that the next season's all the way at the end of the year.