Detox

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by *MAMA*, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Damn, you are pretty amazing. How do you do it?

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

alcohol constricts my airway...so its easy to avoid

and im too poor to buy drugs

and my doctor hates me so that rules out prescriptions

3. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Gatorade is so gross lol. I can't do that. I eat predominantly veggies and fruit. I dropped nearly 50lbs then gained 10 of muscle. I don't really care about scale weight anymore though. When you're building muscle, scale weight is irrelevant.

I drink a gallon of water every day :). I also do 6 days a week of German Volume Training, run 4 days a week, and do vinyasa yoga once week.

4. Pressed_Rat

Gatorade is very gross and loaded with all kinds of nasty sugar and artificial colors.

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I drank 132 ounces of gatorade on Friday.

But I also drink over a gallon of water every day and sweat my ass off for 10 hours.

If I didn't do the work I do, I'd need a serious lifestyle change or I would be a total fatty.

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea, I'm the same way. And speaking of parties, which to me, equates to underground rave... I found out that S&M (this cpl w those inititals that we are good friends with..), can get molly like, every day, anytime.. I've been wanting to do it for a while but last time-4 yrs ago when I rolled, it took a while to recover... my body wants it, but...eh, not.
    anyways, gonna have to think on that. maybe for a really special time in the future.
    ANYWAYS, *MAMA*.... instead of writing another book n explaining it all... here is a short list of things I use/do (some of them from time to time, some of them often or always..)- in no particular order.
    Some or mot of them should be helpful.

*When waking up a 6oz cup of filtered water w the juice of one small lemon

*Benzonite clay (possible spelling error but close enough!)

*Psyllium husks (^^^^sp but also a combo of these 2 things works best...although I rarely, only during a serious cleanse, do the clay and always do the husks- 3x/daily

*ACV (consume it how ever you want, in salads, whatever) but I do what it says on the label of mine (I prefer the Bragg brand-raw, unfiltered and really respect the Bragg's...they have some other great products out there n know their stuff!)- 3x/daily with water. (some ppl add a sweetener- no sugar!!! real maple syrup, agave nectar or what not... but I just drink it without a sweetener...
    ACV vinegar is a general tonic and balances your body... I cannot recommend it enough. They really should pay me. ;)

*One of those body brushes for after bath

*Hot/Cold..Hot/Cold...Hot/Cold showers

*MILK THISTLE! detoxes the liver. can reverse liver damage

*dandelion root

*a good, solid multi-vitamin (make that a multi vit-full spectrum mineral sup)

*after consuming much alcohol you ARE depleted of B vitamins, therefore I suggest taking B-complex, or just isolate B6 and B12 I believe..

*COCONUT WATER!!!! Lots of it!!

*Matter of fact water!!! and lots of it.

*the types of super green and super berry type foods I'm sure you already consume and will be using in your plan.

I would eat balanced meals to get back on track from a variety of super foods.nutrient rich foods... whey protein, spinach (and the ones similar to that, like kale), garlic, onions, berries, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, lean protein, beans(black and kidney), almonds or other nuts, etc

*WATCH SUGAR. (really)
    *same with caffeine. a cup or so is good for a detox. depending on who you ask, lol..
    *Sea vegetables contain all the minerals there are.

Toxins are not just from alcohol, although I do not drink (even before I got the scram thing I drank for one week out of the previous 14 months before getting it on... just so happened that that one week bite me in the ass w probation. Ah well. Life goes on. :)
    In any case, yea, alcohol is really nasty stuff. I honestly can't even believe now that I was ever able to drink it and don't know why I would have wanted to with how horrible it is for your body. The fact that it's legal and mary jane is not... well, not going off on that tangent. Cigs are legal too so go figure...
    BUT, in any case, BBAD, as I'm sure you already know... toxins are everywhere and in everything. Alcohol contains A LOT of toxins (it's poison afterall)- but you get toxins from processed foods. You get toxins from touching the receipt you got today at the grocery store (BPA is almost always in receipts... unless I absolutely NEED that receipt I do not take it.. I don't even touch it to throw it out), BPA and some other toxins are also in plastic water bottles, canned foods, baby and kids toys, and on and on. Toxins (poison) is in fish, non organic produce- and even in some organic as well... toxins are in body care products unless you are REALLY reading the labels on what you get shampoo/soap wise, etc.... And in drinking water, toothpaste, THE AIR!!!, cell phones, microwaves...

You cannot be alive and not be exposed to some level of toxicity.

On a day to day basis I, in addition to having air purifiers, I have 2 house plants in each room to filter the air (and yes, I talk to my plants) and I try to eat a diet that balances the body instead of creating inner chaos....
    This leads back to my reply to *MAMA*...
    but, yea, my point of all of this is..sometimes people don't even realize how toxic the internal environment their body lives in is, until they do something and start to get well again...

7. *MAMA*

Totally. I'm not about them chemicals.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

And I just spent a shitload of time writing that so read it all! lol

I know I am missing a lot of stuff... I could go on and on about stuff like this but I tried to put all the basics of ... if not a true "detox" program, a balancing program..

And fuck Gatorade.
    That's why there is coconut water!! :D

9. Pressed_Rat

Yes, coconut water is one of the best drinks for hydrating. It has a lot of other health benefits, too.

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

El Tuna....? I'm NOT trying to be a smart ass but how can you hate fruits and veggies??
    I'm thinking...well, let me ask you this... have you tried a lot of different veggies prepared a lot of different ways? I'm thinking you just haven't found any that you like yet (and maybe you never will, if you don't seek them out..), that is prepared a way you like...
    I mean....fresh, heirloom tomatoes with fresh herbs on them?
    Asparagus cooked on the grill.
    ????
    and fruit...
    you don't like freaking berries???? seriously? peaches?

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

im a mechanic who gets in gasoline up to my elbows and picks spray paint from my nosehairs

whatever toxins on my grocery receipt are not really in my thoughts...ever

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yep... lots and lots of good stuff in there. Tons of potassium for one.

I'm a huge fan ....

Oh, yesterday I stumbled upon my dream come true... it tasted delicious too... I forget the brand but it was a good brand as it was not cheap (lol) n said things like 100% natural, etc, etc...
    it was....drum roll...
    FREAKING COCONUT WATER with a perfect, strong, shot of espresso and a dab of 2% milk.

It tasted so good.. I was in heaven. I found this when I was driving for waaay too long...at a gas station when I was in serious need or coffee n something to seriously take care of my thirst.

It was put there just for me. lol :)

13. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Interesting, AT, I was thinking recently if flouride is in tap water.. does it absorb in when we shower?

Also what kind of plants do you have to filter the air?

And fuck that hippy coconut water shit. As thirsty and dehydrated as I get at work, I NEED sugar to keep going at times. I'm not saying this is healthy, but I do what I need to do. I try to mostly drink water. We have a reverse osmosis filter in the shop.

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

lol

:sunny:

15. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Lol.

:cheers2:

16. Pressed_Rat

The best coconut water I have had is this. It is freaking EXPENSIVE, though.

[​IMG]

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

that's cool (about the filter)... the thing I found at the gas station... my god sent drink that I don't know the brand... had I think 15 grams of sugar.
    sugar is everything!! haha
    seriously though you don't need sugar to keep going. sugar slows you the fuck down and makes you cranky as shit an hour later.

I will reply more to this thread in a bit...gotta run upstairs n do some stuff quick. :)

18. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

hey... as I said when I quoted dev.. I gotta run upstairs n do a cpl things.. that say harmless harvest? (or what harvest)... dan's natural foods co-op catalog to order from is upstairs so when i'm up there i'm gonna check if that's in there n how much (sometimes things thru his work can be sold indie n some just by the case..), so, harmless or...?

and yea...
    it looks freaking fabulous.
    and it also looks expensive. lol.
    how much you pay for that???

19. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Customers putting deadlines on me when I'm balls deep in 5 cars makes me cranky. But, please do elaborate.

20. *MAMA*

Whoa those are a lot of suggestions lol. I'll check them out though.

Ever since I lost a bunch of weight and got healthy, my body can't handle 10+ beers, endless Styrofoam cups of wine (classy, right?), and that much weed anymore.

I'm not hungover or anything. Just feel blah.

As far as the Molly....I haven't had any in about a year and a half, but damn, it will always by my favorite.