Detective Pikachu

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by djomalley, May 11, 2019.

1. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Took my 2-year old to his first film tonight. Was a bit worried going in with how he’d do, but he had an absolute blast and behaved the entire time... Even kept his 3-D glasses on, which in hindsight was probably asking a whole lot of him on his first theater outing.

I rly didn’t have a whole lot of expectations for the film itself... Whatever happened with the movie, I was going to love it for my son’s sake. But the CGI was great... And what the story lacked in substance, it made up in heart. Albeit far from any type of classic Pokémon retelling, the film still executed its own original spin on the franchise extremely well. Definitely feels like it could entertain a large audience across the board as a solid family movie... And is at the very least a great way to get the beloved franchise’s foot in the door with the live action market.

And come on... Pokémon are cute af. What’s not to love???

GLENGLEN likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I did get slightly addicted to the pokemon go game, but other than that, I never watched then cartoon, I never played a game, I never traded cards.

djomalley likes this.
  3. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

You know, I can’t really blame you. They can all get pretty repetitive... Particularly the games. It’s definitely time to reinvent the wheel to a degree... And I feel like Detective Pikachu was a great way to kick that off.

Irminsul likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Pokemon go was fun cause it made me want to walk. :p but getting the same stuff was boring.

djomalley likes this.
  5. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Same.

When Pokémon Go was first released, Miami Beach turned into this weird social place that it’s never rly been. People were all over the beach and it gave everyone a reason to talk to each other. I remember that just being a phenomenon that I’ve never ever seen with another game... Or anything in Miami Beach, rly. People aren’t rly friendly here, so anything that brings us together is a plus!

Now it’s just another app that doesn’t get used tho... And, of course, Miami Beach has returned to its weirdly antisocial nightlife ways lol.