Describe your dream job.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Pixieface

Pixieface Member

professional pot smoker
    wage:50000
    Hours:all the live long dayz
    benifits:free beer and music

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my dream job would not involve wages, nor my having to think about them.

it would involve being useful to the rest of the kind of world i'd rather be living in, but on my own time and terms, and not every having to be in any kind of a hurry nor to have to worry about anything.

it would not be one unending grind of means of being useful, but a smorgisboard of them. it would invoulve shorter term commitments and even those not manditory, with no disaprobation accruing to anyone who was where and when they commited to being, and arrived there willing and able to do the work they had commited themselves to doing.

perhapse, probably, a lot of people reading this cannot, or haven't tried, to immagine a world where this kind of job is possible.

i have. in great detail. it is one of my favority hobbies, trying to figgure out a way in which such things could exist.

and it IS very very possible. though i don't know how one person alone could or would go about starting it, or i would long since have. none the less i have complete confidence that it CAN be done.

of course it begins with NOT equating not kissing the ass of little green pieces of paper with being the big bad boggie man. but not with replacing that big lie with another equaly absurd. nor with any idiology.

which are after all, only perfumes to hide the stench of a few exploiting a many without fairly reciprocating.

in a world where everyone wiped their own ass, there would be little market for anyone to wipe someone else's, but still plenty for making it a better place and keeping it that way.

=^^=
    .../\...

3. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Id travel around the world talking with and helping masses of people, maybe something to do with communication but also linked to helping those most in need. Itd mean id learn new stuff every day and be very social, and it wouldnt have anything much to do with money

4. Gravity

Gravity #winning

Joe Rogan's job on Newsradio :hysterica

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

my dream job is what I'm doing now... only if I could make a few more sales a month though :) I love running my own business!

6. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I am doing what I love, and if I can play my cards right then the income will continue to increase,,,but never at the expense of reducing my relaxing hours.

7. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

Hmmm being an artist without the starving part. ;) My friends and I talked about after college pooling our money together to open a tattoo shop....but I doubt we will do it.

8. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

I wanna be a diesel fitter.

When the bras come down the assembly line, you look at them carefully and say, "Deez'll fit her.'"

9. ledzeppelinlover

ledzeppelinlover Member

iono about all of the stuff i just know i wanna be on radio. i think it would be kickass to sit around all day at a classic rock station and listen to good music.

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

To answer this thread seriously...

I would love to own a small self-sufficient farm somewhere beautiful and very far away from society, and have a nice group of 30-50 people whom I love work and live on it with me.

11. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I would like to Open a brew pub

12. mr_two_1988

mr_two_1988 Member

I'd want to design, build, and race my own cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles, anything fast... I'd do it for free if all my living expenses were included. Plus free travel all over the world to various events, meeting other drivers and race engineers at events, and having a hot supermodel girlfriend like the major drivers all seem to these days :)

My retirement would be only if and when I'm seriously injured in a wreck and can't drive anymore, or am killed outright in such a crash.

13. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've always liked the idea of working on a farm, ever since I was a child.

But now that, for the last couple of years, I've been obsessed with knitting and crocheting, I dream of having a wool farm. Like with sheep, lamas, and alpacas everywhere. And part of the house I live in is converted into a wool shop. That'd be absolutely fun.

14. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

That's easy. The job I have now...without the customers! And with like...a 500% pay increase. I love my job, I really do...I just hate customer service and don't get paid nearly enough. Haha.

15. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Imagine...as John Lennon said:

mmmm....dream Job. Can think of various...
    It would have to be independent, no bosses except me.

I was offered once to run a model's agency in Spain, (long long story) but I had a dream that I would feel out of place and bored.

I'm too content with what I'm doing, and whatever else I'd do, it would have to be an extention of that, like teaching recording, music, or songwriting.
    Free lance, within the arts, and making at least 5,000 a month.

16. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

ideal:

running a small non-profit gallery or artists cooperative for new/emerging/student artists/crafters, may possibly include independent (local focus) bookstore and a cafe are serving fair trade coffe and teas and maybe gluten-free baked goods. showing own artwork in personal gallery/studio open to public, which will include workspace for viewers to interact/create own art, possibly workshops. private art studio in woods on own land, in a yurt. because yurts are fuckin cool

first step/current fantasy/present creating reality:

festival vending in veggie oil van, hemp necklaces, recycled denim, and consignment crafts at folk music festivals, local street festivals, concerts, college campuses, and flea markets; show fine art at galleries in finger lakes and catskills

ideal may take awhile.

second goal is already underway.

17. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

ever watch the travel channel, that chick on the great hotels show? yeah I want her job.