Desantis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scratcho, Apr 24, 2022.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

OOOOo----cover your ears.

DrRainbow and MartNorth like this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

DrRainbow likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Another one of those fucking morons...

zer0, scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  4. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

<<just shakes head sadly....>>

Why oh why is he trying to piss off Disney, you know, the second greatest money maker for the state of Floriduh since drug smuggling.

scratcho likes this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Because it "owns the libs"... Or so he thinks.

scratcho likes this.
  6. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

He's a legend. If what he's doing is so unpopular, how will you explain his reelection come November?

7. Tyrsonswood

Considering Florida also elected Rick Scott to governor there is no need to explain anything.

Piobaire, scratcho and granite45 like this.
  8. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Crazy fucking people voting - and the American way: the candidate spending the most money on the most obnoxious issue dodging advertisements wins !!

Toker, snowtiggernd, zer0 and 2 others like this.
  9. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

I knew you'd say that. So let's not give his supporters any time of day or attempt to understand their position and priorities. They aren't worth listening to, they're all just idiots who have been bamboozled.

10. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

And it just keeps rolling.......like a B movie. As bad as it is here, I can't imagine the political ads on TV in Floriduh.

Tyrsonswood and scratcho like this.
  11. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

12. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wow. All of a sudden, the love for the wonderful Disney Corporation, and its government subsidies.

Any explanation for people re-locating to Florida?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

DeSantis seems to have acquired a new nickname, courtesy of The Donald: "Ron DeSanctimonious". The Gov. can now take his place alongside "Little Marco" from the same State, Lyin' Ted , Crooked Hillary, and Pocahontas. We could add Blaspheming Ron to the list of DeSantis epithets. De Santis seems to be the subject of a bit of biblical revisionism. It seems God created a special day for him after the six days for creating the earth and the rest of the stuff. 'A**-Backwards Blasphemy': Former GOP Chair Flames 'God Made' Ron DeSantis Ad This is truly unbelievable! Blasphemy doesn't usually turn out well for those who engage in it (Leviticus 24:!0-16), especially if they have a Christian support base! It will be interesting to see how this goes over with the Evangelicals.

thepapasmurph likes this.
  14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Well put!
    Can't improve on our explanation supra. He's unpopular in certain circles, but he's a master demagogue who has the idiots who support him bamboozled. Like Trump, he's the weak-minded person's view of a strong man. How did Hitler and Mussolini get so popular? Because they were so brilliant? If it thinks like a goose, honks like a goose, and goosesteps like a goose, it must be a Florida Fascist!
    (Just out of curiosity, did you ever take a high school civics class or history class?)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    Toker and scratcho like this.
  15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I do think the case for DeSantis needs to be heard. This is an open Forum. Go for it, Naked influence, or anybody else who wants to defend the monster! I hope you'll be more specific than most of the MAGA fans, who usually respond in a couple of sentences of platitudes, like the posts you've given us on this thread.

Piobaire and scratcho like this.
  16. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I had very little respect for DeSantis, now even less since I saw him in his white rubber go go boots. Or rather, gone gone boots....

Tyrsonswood and Tishomingo like this.
  17. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I doubt that it's love for either. It's mainly concern about the danger of thinly veiled government retaliation against a corporation that dared to challenge DeSantis' "Don't Say Gay" bill. But then you knew that, surely, didn't you? Do you only value free speech when you agree with it?

Florida has always had the attraction of climate, water, and fantastic beaches. Of course, the recent hurricane might be a turn off. Then there's Disney World. and Universal Studios. Florida has always been a magnet for retirees, cuz there are other old folks there, it has a laidback lifestyle and no state income tax and no taxes on retirement income; also no estate or inheritance taxes. And it has Miami Heat, Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Orlando Magic, Tampa Bay Rays, and Miami Marlins, plus teams at colleges like the University of Florida and Florida State University . And, for some, currently, Florida offers a right -wing authoritarian-leaning state government, appealing to Retrumpicans and Neo-fascists. Of course, Mar-o-lago is there, too, for folks planning pilgrimages to the home of the Great Orange One.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  18. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Uh, winter in the North East???

Tishomingo likes this.
  19. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

A legend, eh? Wow! That sounds so personality cultish--in keeping with his fascist style and following. Next you'll be tellin' us he's God's eighth great creation Oh, I forgot. His campaign has actually made that claim! Holy Hell: On 8th Day 'God Made' Ron DeSantis, Says New Campaign Ad β€œOn the eighth day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, β€˜I need a protector,’” Now that's downright North Korean!

Don't you mean notorious, for his callous treatment of people as pawns to serve his political goals?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    thepapasmurph likes this.
  20. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

It's my experience that it's the MAGA/DeSantis lover types who don't give others the time of day, and get their worldview exclusively from FOX, Newsmax, or something worse. Living here in reddest of Red Oklahoma, I think I have a pretty good idea of what their position and priorities are. Some of my best friends are DeSantis fans, and trying to discuss politics with them is like talking to the wall.

scratcho, Tyrsonswood and Piobaire like this.