Depression from Pot?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by RoamingGnome, Jan 12, 2005.

1. RoamingGnome

RoamingGnome Member

I'm a relatively new and light smoker. At most I smoke 2-3 three times a week. The morning after I get really really high it takes me a little while to adjust to being straight. I've found that I tend to get really depressed on these days, but I tend to be depressed anyway. Is this just a coincidence or could weed be contributing to my depression?

2. irish151

irish151 Member

weed is mostly mental. If ure mind set is in a depressed mood, than ure high will b too, it might even intensify it. Its hard to be depressive and a smoker. Wenever i smoke wen i have lots of bad shit goin on, it tends to be a down and depressive high, so ive learned to deal with my shit before i smoke. Good luck with everything!

3. ahh...tea

ahh...tea Member

irish is right... When you smoke...it really shows how you've been feeling lately and if you're feeling a little depressed then it will show

4. RoamingGnome

RoamingGnome Member

I rarely feel bad during the actual high. I was talking about the day or so after I smoke.

5. ahh...tea

ahh...tea Member

I don't know but everyone reacts differently. I'd say if it gets bad or you can tell somethings not right than stop.

6. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

sprinkle Xanax on your blunt, problems solved

7. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

8. irish151

irish151 Member

ya mine was mostly afterwards too, just try to deal with most of ure negative stuff b 4 u toke, then ure all set!

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

weed rarely brings me sadness, but i am a fairly happy person i think, the only thigns that really get me down is like if im rejected by someone. i get lonely because ive not been able to find a relationship in a year. but then ive goit lots of other stuff to be happy about so yeh i dont usually care

10. Purple_Haze

Purple_Haze Member

Sometimes weed gets me depressed...but it has to do with the fact that I am depressed before toking. You can't be happy than toke and get depressed, doesn't make sense. Just be sure you are in a good mood before toking.
    I smoked three j's last night with a friend and I woke up with a damn headache, maybe that sort of thing caused you to be in a bad mood or whatever.

11. Psychedelic Moss

Psychedelic Moss Member

if depression is already a problem, marijuana will only make it worse. but if you change your lifestyle and become a more happy person (easier said than done of course...) weed will make you happier. weed generally heightens whatever mood you're in before you get high. instead of thinking of depression before you smoke, just convince yourself that you aren't depressed and it's all an illusion of the mind that you have induced yourself... and convince yourself that you're a happy, peaceful person and smoking should be much more enjoyable.

12. ez_on_the_motion

ez_on_the_motion Member

I find when I went through my first real depression alls i wanted was alcohol and weed. Weed was terrible while depressed, worst highs ever. Alcohol was alright but no one ever wanted to drink. Eventually i learnt to keep away from alcohol and weed and now i only crave alocohol and weed when am happy.

13. stephaniesomewhere

stephaniesomewhere Member

damn!!

I must be happy a hell of a lot of the time then!!!
    :X

definitely have to agree with the state of mind before partaking comments, this definitely affects what happens whilst you are up there and even (and sometimes more importantly) afterwards....but then again when I felt shit it was nice to escape it all!
    :p

14. browneydgrl

browneydgrl Member

went thru...? haha sis your craaaazy mad :p

15. CrashIntoMe

CrashIntoMe Member

I'll bet the reason you feel shitty is because you've been getting high in the evening and then going to sleep blazed. If you do that you'll almost definitely feel groggy/down in the morning.