Depression About Hair Loss

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by rubberloverhk, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Scratched

Scratched Members

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Cosmic wonderland

Cosmic wonderland Member

Typical male-pattern-baldness here. Hairline was receding by the time I was in my mid-20s.

The dominant gene for baldness is carried by the female, but expressed in her male offspring. My maternal grandpa was a "chrome-dome", as was my dad. That pretty-much guarantees that all male offspring will inherit the trait. Hence, why my brother & I are both "chrome-domes".

Guess I never had any hangups about it. Probably because my dad didn't. His friends sent him bald-guy birthday cards & he got a kick out of it. As the old saying goes: God made but a few perfect heads. On the rest, he put hair. ;)

And then there's the old testosterone thing. Testosterone increases sex drive at the cost of a thinning head - so the story goes. It has often been said that bald men are more virile....

Male-pattern-baldness is reportedly caused by an abundance of testosterone. I know my dad got some mileage out of that claim with my mom. I remember him mentioning it to her half-jokingly a number of times.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I was losing hair 7 then it stopped falling out. I have a little bit of loss when I put gel in; not much, a couple of hairs.

I really feel for guys that lost their hair. My dad has hair loss; his dad did not. So I don't know. Maybe it skips a generation or something. Hopefully. I don't want to lose all my hair.

4. Most bald guys look good bald. It looks natural. Not that they wouldn't look great with hair, too, but I don't see what's so unappealing about it.

Me, though, I would look like shit bald. My face just isn't the right shape.

5. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sigh.......

6B9749B9-D58A-43D7-B944-55FBF35FB23A.gif

6. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I know quite a few ladies in our social circles who find Mark Strong very attractive . Some women prefer a guy with no hair . Its all swings and roundabouts .

I was plagued by thick wiry curly hair when I was younger which took the barber nearly 30 minutes to thin it before he could start to try and style it. Because of that I have still quite thick hair to this day although I am more of a dark Silver Fox when it comes to colour .