Denver pig threatens arrest over anti-Bush bumpersticker!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by EllisDTripp, Jan 26, 2005.

1. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

Ha, you couldn't be more wrong. the cops are there regardless of what's going on. The protesters at the inauguration WERE peaceful, the cops teargassed and beat them down anyway. So your already-inadequate theory was just smashed to bits.

Protesters DON'T harass the cops...the cops harass the protesters. Why? because cops hate anyone who disagrees with the establishment they are sworn to protect. It's a political battle, you fool. If the cops were there for OUR protection, they wouldn't hurt people who aren't doing anything violent or even wrong. And yes, that happens...I've seen it with my own eyes. And I have documentaries that show it. So again, you are completely wrong. But you'll never admit that, will you.

2. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Wow...everyone in this situation was wrong, except for the lady, of course. :p The cop was a jerk...but that doesn't mean all cops are jerks. Secondly, that guy needs to grow up...HELLO...why did he flag down the cop anyway? I mean...so what if he didn't agree wtih her? That's silly...live and let live.

3. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

did you see Fahrenheit 911 where the guy was harassed by the FBI because some asshole at the gym he was working out at "reported" him for talking against the war in Afghanistan?
    Some average, everyday sheeple will actually assist the establishment in creating a totalitarian state.

4. Co0kiezGurl

Co0kiezGurl Banned

Oh my god. Look, I won't even pretend to think that all cops are good. But they damn well aren't ALL piggies. I'm sure you've seen plenty of them. I've seen them too. But I'm also married to a damn fine military cop, a damn fine man, a damn fine husband... my cousin is a damn fine cop, a damn fine man, and a damn fine husband and father. They're just fucking people. There are right wing, left wing, independants among cops. There are violent assholes, there are some that are nicer than hell and wouldn't hurt a fly unless they or someone else was in immenent danger. God...I'm so tired of so many people who frequent here, lumping all military, cops, and conservatives (and some of the conservatives who frequent here lumping together liberals, hippies, etc. etc.) together as assholes like this. It gets damned old. We're all humans, some of us are bad, some are good. There are awful asshole protesters too, that DO harass cops. You may not be one, but there are some that do it. Hell, there were people throwing things at the president's car. I don't like him either, but I wouldn't throw shit at anyone. Stop spouting this narrominded bullshit...PLEASE!

5. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Denver cops are notorious for making up the law as they go along (ask any hitchhiker).

6. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Regardless of how "nice" some cops may be AS PEOPLE, the problem with police is INSTITUTIONAL, and as such, it involves ALL COPS. They are there to preserve "law and order", in other words, the status quo. Anything they might incidentally do to help the average citizen (assist at emergencies, direct traffic, etc.) comes AFTER their primary function--protecting wealth and privledge.

The primary function of the police (amd the military) is to protect the existing governmental structures from rebellion by the people. While individual cops/soldiers may be nice people, great parents, regular churchgoers, Kerry voters, or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that THEY ARE THE PAID "GOON SQUAD" FOR THE STATE, and as such are legitimate targets for criticism by those who seek fundamental restructuring of the society. They make the decision, voluntarily, to become the "enforcement arm" of government power.

7. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

Ha, I bet your one of the cheerleaders on the sidelines that get everything started.

8. Co0kiezGurl

Co0kiezGurl Banned

It's really simple...unless a cop is already an asshole, a group of PEACEFUL protestors will not be getting any shit from them. I'm sorry, but there's no reason for both groups: PEACEFUL protestors, and NOT ASSHOLE cops: to not get along. Sadly...people are fucking assholes...PEOPLE

9. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

10. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

alot of times the riot police or politicians/buisnessmen being protested plant people in the protest to start trouble, so they can say that the protests werent peaceful, so they can use phisical violence against the protesters, and so they can discredit the protesters concerns. people dont protest just to get beat up for no reason.

11. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

No Your wrong (put that in your sig)
    Take off your tin foil hat for a second, protesters have their assholes, and cops have their assholes. Its not always the cops fault, and its not always the protesters fault. Poeple views get the best of them, and that insights violence.

12. WayfaringStranger

im sorry drew, i understand that not all cops are assholes. and i know that not all protesters are cool. but ive spent my time on the front lines, and i still have friends who do, i know people who were down in Miami last year, i know people who protest the college of americas every year. i know people involved in the F.O.P., i know peole in A.I., my life has brought me in the paths of many different people, and with my open-mindedness, ive learned many things, i know how protests are handled, how they are organized, on both sides. i dont participate in them anymore, i think that they are silly. truth is the protester know not to start shit, they are prepared, and when they see the thousands lined up in riot gear, they arent the ones to start the shit, its always a couple people planted, that no one has ever seen before, wearing raggedy clothes and nice shoes.

13. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

I need to see some publications verifying this before I accept it as true. I have never heard of anyone being planted. Manning protests is such a hassle in the first place, that there would be no need for putting any syphon filters in. The police have better things to do with their time that start shit. (like respond to rape/murder and give frivolous parking and speeding tickets.) Most of the time when riot police has to respond it sends their force effectiveness down to 20%. The patrols that are normally out, they have to respond to the riot situation, and the protest situation. Leaving their sectors open for violent crimes.

Plus, cops hate to do paperwork. Do you know how much paperwork is involved in a small scale riot? Alot. Cops have to write statements, and all kinds of other things. Weapons and ammunition accounted for, and anyone who is hurt has to write a statement too.

A syphon filter just sounds like too much trouble for your every day donut eating city cop.

14. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Google on "COINTELPRO", and get back to us in a couple of months...

Planting "agent provocateurs" in protest groups is only ONE of the tactics used by law enforcement agencies to disrupt and discredit antiwar groups. As far as cops having "more important things to do", in many cases they get outside FUNDING for such activities. The federal government funded "red squads" in local police depts. to keep tabs on domestic dissidents back in the '60s and '70s. The only difference nowadays is that it is "homeland security" rather than the FBI behind this shit...

15. Psy Fox

Psy Fox Member

The garbage strike in Memphis that Martin Luther King, jr marched in the FBI paied people in the march to start a violent riot to discredit King infact during the 60's the FBI funded alot of violent riots within the USA.

16. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

Notice all this is talked about from the 60's, its 40 years later. People have more of an eye on cops now adays.

17. WayfaringStranger

40 years later the riot police show up days before the protesters, to plan out logistics. photographers have cameras stolen. TV stations are paid to not show up. publication, cmon be serious, only one group has enough money to put out a publication, and thats who we protest against. in fact, this country was founded on protesting those fucks.

18. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

"Ha, I bet your one of the cheerleaders on the sidelines that get everything started."

you would lose that bet.

"a group of PEACEFUL protestors will not be getting any shit from them"

I have documented evidence of police violently beating innocent protesters as well as INNOCENT BYSTANDERS. I'd be happy to mail you a copy free of any charge. PM me if interested.

Also, what wayfaring and ellis said is compeltely true. the state will place "police provocateurs" in with protesters in order to start chaos and disorder...and usually conveniently with the mainstream media around. Why do they do this? Because our political ideology is diametrically in opposition to their own. We want change...they do not, unless it's to advance empire.

19. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

yeah, but that still doesn't stop them!

20. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

I have documented evidence of protesters acting like complete morons, but im not going to say that all of them instigate the violence. There are cases where the protesters instigate violence, and cases where police do. Im not denying that. There are some red neck ass cops in alabama that just want to beat minorities down. And sometimes their shit slips through the cracks, because their state is still in that mind set.

But also I have seen videos, of when protesters strike police officers for no apparent reason, and the officer has to fight back, and the crowd gets out of hand, and tear gas is let loose. In a crowded situation all it takes is one jackass to set everyone off. Protesters can be in the wrong just as much as policemen. They are both human.

[/size]

[size=-1]Im sorry but all this does not sound like peaceful protesters. Its a violation of the presidents security, and measures had to be taken.
    [/size]