Denver pig threatens arrest over anti-Bush bumpersticker!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by EllisDTripp, Jan 26, 2005.

1. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Ain't it great living here in the "Land of the Free", where "america's finest" have such respect for freedom of speech? :rolleyes: Might I suggest that Ms. Bates add a "Bad Cop--No Donut!" sticker to her car? :)

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_3495709,00.html

2. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

I saw this on the local news this morning -- what a couple of...........well, yeah.......PIGS.

.........and hurray for Ms. Bates for standing up to them!

3. Co0kiezGurl

Co0kiezGurl Banned

ah...poor piggie.

Definitely...kudos to Ms. Bates :)
    Keep the sticker...it may be distasteful...but it's her right and it's just a damn sticker.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth Banned

That makes me fairly angry - people like that Sergeant make the rest of the us look bad.

Don't get me wrong though, I do believe that a "F--- BUSH" sticker is highly offensive, especially when the country is at war. But I would not use my own standing as a police officer to bully someone into removing it.

5. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

This is DISGUSTING!!! That is my word of the day.

FUCK BUSH
    FUCK WAR
    FUCK THE IMPENDING DRAFT
    FUCK CONSERVATIVES

And I never use that word in normal convo, so that means I am pissed!

6. Astaroth

Astaroth Banned

Heheheheh, I love it when liberals squeal :)

By the way, enjoy it while it lasts. During WWII, it *was* illegal to make derogatory comments against the Commander in Chief in public. I think it's way past the time that law was brought back. Yes, it was temporary - but we were at war back then, and we are at war now, in case you didn't notice.

Then again, liberals don't notice much - they don't live in reality after all :)

7. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

Because obviously anyone who makes a derogatory comment about George Bush plans to set off a nuclear bomb...Idiot.

And neocons wonder why the rest of the country (and world) hates them?

8. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

well c'mon Kandahar, what else would you expect to hear from him...he's a cop. How many radical law-enforcement officers pushing for progressive change have you met in your life? lol The # 1 priority of police in this country is to ensure stability for the reigning establishment. To protect the government from the will of the people. That's the first and foremost reason for police to exist.

Of course he would want that anti-american law to be brought back, it would give him an extra reason to harass, arrest, and violently assault "if necessary" anyone openly disagreeing with the current president..."especially in times of war" (hey astaroth...what if the war is not being fought for the reasons the administration says it is? bet you haven't thought it through that far).

Do you think cops become cops to protect you and me? Maybe some...but most do it because they want to be in a position of physical authority, as astaroth admitted in so many words to everyone reading this. It's people like this who will be at the front lines ensuring (enforcing) the coming police state. If and when Bush and his corporate elite establish their global empire...and they are indeed working on it, you can be sure that astaroth will be there holding his automatic weaponry towards anyone who dares to resist and fight for their freedom...and their lives. THAT is un-american.

Those who protest...those who rise up against their own government when it becomes tyrannical are the true patriots. The founding fathers would agree.

9. green_thumb

green_thumb kill your T.V.

and fuck pigs too.

These incidents are seriously getting out of hand, it's crazy. Bye, bye freedom.
    Oh and people wouldn't be speaking offensively about the commander in Chief if we weren't at war.

10. gertie

gertie Senior Member

there are some very fearful bush supporters out there.

11. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

oh, and I've noticed that some cops have a tendency to prefer beating on female activists at demonstrations. I've seen it myself. Strange, but true...and it's been noted by others as well.

12. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

That 45 year old cop is right you liberals dont live in reality.

13. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

You mean the kind of reality where freedom of speech has been thrown out of the window?

14. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Actually, I take that back you live in reality but don't seem to understand it..

15. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

I suspect he means the reality in which criminal neo-con Congressional leaders, like their Executive Branch mentors, can dispense with all notions of accountability both to the public and to the oft repeated "rule of law" by simply calling for new rules. Or perhaps one in which treasonous exposure of intelligence officials (who happen to expose fraudulent claims for war) through willing media shills is a matter to be overlooked in favor of mindless flag waving.

Yes indeed, reality at its finest!

16. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Nope, yet another example of not understanding reality. Sure the cop was an asshole, i agree power to that lady.. BUT! He's not an asshole because he's a cop, hes just an asshole. Don't generalise all cops as pigs (pig meaning asshole-cop). You people whine but dont do anything, and nothing MAJOR is going to change through peace.

17. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Lol, are you trolling or did you truly not notice your own inconsistancy here?

Btw, I don't really buy into any political package, I'm quite leftish on many issues but I certainly don't agree with everything liberal. I'm pretty strong on free speech so I'd have been pissed if someone'd gotten into trouble about a 'fuck Kerry' bumpersticker too, or 'Fuck fundies' or 'Fuck wiccans' or whatever. People should be allowed to express their opinions and post all of these on bumperstickers if they like, not just the ones I happen to agree with.

18. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

well, I agree with revenant that liberals don't actually *do* anything. Thankfully I'm not a liberal.

He also makes a good point that "change won't happen through peace". Well that's true because the state's police forces will not allow that to happen. So yeah, of course that's true.

I have a bumper sticker on my car that has an american flag on it, and the words "If this is the American dream, Wake Me Up!" I dare a nasty cop to fuck with me about that.

19. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

Thats not true.

Cops like to beat on everyone in demonstrations. j/k

If its a peaceful demonstration, then cops wouldn't be needed there would they?

Another things ive observed from protestors, from the cops point of view. Stop trying to harass the cops, who are really there for YOUR protection. If you stick with your cause, and don't get sidetracked by yelling "Hey pig, your a pawn of the man," then throwing a rock at a cop with a RIOT Shotgun, and sheild. If people would stick with their cause, and stop trying to escalate the situation with other people their would be alot less problems, and more peaceful protests.

Anyways....

Fuck Bush Indeed

20. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

ok kids class is in session. WWII was a war. it was nessesary that we jump in and end it. everyone in america(for the most part) was behind it because it was a just action. of course the way we ended it was unnacceptable, but us entering it was a good thing. since that time every war we have been in have been for soley political reasons, and have been increasingly suspect, yet ignorant people are swayed into them everytime by the decietful elite, using WWII as an example of our needed place as warmongers in this world. WWII was a defensive mission on the states part, and was won. every single offensive action taken since then has been disasterous. for the veterans and active duty today to liken themselves to the brave heros from WWII is a grave dishonor to those great men who showed the world the compassion and resolve inherent in our country. shame on you for bringing up WWII and the honor involved, in promoting this ghastly raping of the cradle of civilization.
    asshole
    and i dont swear or get political often.