Deniability in Trolling and questions about consequences

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Jesse_03, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Jesse_03

Jesse_03 Banned

For regular people (non famous), how bad can trolling affect your livelihood? Let's say it's not that easy to put 1 and 2 together, but people with the know how took extensive amounts of time to figure out that you likely trolled some forums in the distant past, and trolled in an obscene and annoying fashion. For example, joking about gay sex, getting jumped, being a loser, getting ripped off, and just flat out stupidity and even a little bit of creepiness. How bad will or can it affect you in the long haul? Would you never ever be able to have a career? Would every single person that knew, just write you off? Should you make up a story and deny it?

For movie stars or famous people: How bad would it affect a celebrity if it was discovered one day through other forums that this person was a troll on other message boards? What would happen if one forum told everybody where the archived posts were located at? Would it go viral on youtube? Would it be on Fox or NBC? How bad would it make this person look? Like a stupid idiot, loser?

If this person was embarrassed and lets say Anderson Cooper asked him if he really was a certain alias. Should this person deny it or just confess and apologize to the media? Also, what if some people thought that this person wasn't even a troll, but just a truthful idiot? Would people forgive? Anyway this person could redeem himself and make people get over it?

2. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

Lots of people troll with their facebook accounts.. I shouldn't think the consequences would be of significance. Honestly, if someone cares about other people trolling on the Internet, that someone really needs something important to care about.

Also, ripped off*

3. Jesse_03

Jesse_03 Banned

But I'm not talking about someone goofing around with a can of beer and posting it on facebook. I'm talking about someone that seems really strange, possibly deluded.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Jesse... I joked about this... but seriously, have are you motives for seemingly being very worried about this issue? You personally worried? You have info on someone? Conducting a study?....

5. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Everyone's a troll these days. There's certainly nobody investigating people's internet usage in order to expose them to the world as trolls, mostly because the world wouldn't give a shit. There's no direct way to link a random forum account to anyone without some serious backtracin' anyway. I don't think your trolling is going to have much effect on whether or not you'll be able to run for office if you know what I mean.

6. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

There is always the trolls are creatures of the imagination defense.

7. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I'm super famous and everybody knows of my troll lols. Because I'm way famous. And it made me even famouser times a billion.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i know its not nearly the same thing but i think for a celebrity the reaction would be similar to what is happening to Anthony Weiner right now.

As for the average joe, something like that could turn them into a celebrity, people have become known for doing less. but it would really depend on how the person plays it off to the people who are affected by the trolling.

9. thedope

What is first aid procedure for troll bite?

10. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Stop drop and troll.

11. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

I've seen people post some incredibly racist, hateful and straight up trollish shit with their facebook accounts in the comment sections of various websites.. I think it's gotten to a point where trolling is just an accepted part of being on the Internet.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

ive seen it here too...then they make new accounts and start trolling again and you guys all fall for it

keep on feeding

13. Jesse_03

Jesse_03 Banned

And when I say troll, I'm not just talking about someone who chastises people, I'm talking about someone that makes a complete ass of themselves and comes across as a loser, bipolar, and possibly psychotic. Someone who rambles all over the place non stop and talks about things like transsexuals and sexual fetishes and shit, and then everyone makes fun of him for looking like an idiot. But lets say that people can't even tell that this guy is a troll. Some trolls actually get people to fall for his gimmick and they end up believing it.

They say that with the internet, you can trace anybody down.

And you know for regular joe's, they say that potential bosses will look you up on facebook and do extensive research on you. If they see something they don't like, you're not going to ever get hired. And if that's the case, how would you not become homeless? I'm just saying. A friend of mine is very cautious online. He thinks if they read something obscene about you, then all bets are off, they won't want to associate with you.

Imagine if there was a celebrity who was like Mr Prince Charming. This guy was a good role model. What would happen one day if the people who used to be on a forum with him exposed him and told everyone that he was the loser on the forum who said and did this and that? Wouldn't everyone start reading his crazy posts?

14. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

You seem to be obsessed with this topic.

Rather odd.

15. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Did the title of this thread get changed or are you starting another thread on the same topic. Who cares about celebrities or famous people? Seriously?

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

17. Jesse_03

Jesse_03 Banned

You know. This is a serious question. Am I a bit fixated? Yes I guess so. But I just want to know the reality and hear it from many people. I myself have wrote some creepy and foolish stuff with my alias names in the past. If someone stalked me and investigated me, they could put 1 and 2 together and link me to who my alias was. *Website Name Removed* is a way

18. thedope

wasn't me

19. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

One of my buddies is the resident troll on Old Country Buffet's FB page.
    What is great, is how they've accepted him.

He's a pro.

20. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's why Attorney To The Stars exists.