Democrats clean house, Republicans embrace sexual improprieties.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MeAgain, Dec 7, 2017.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

With the announced forthcoming resignation of Democrats Al Franken and John Conyers the Democrats are showing that their party will not sacrifice ethics to advance a political agenda.

Meanwhile the republican party and Trump have endorsed the candidacy of Roy Moore and the presidency of Donald Trump.

Let's remember that Franken, in particular, was accused of inappropriate kissing, groping, and pretending to grope by several women.

Moore is accused of dating underage women, giving one alcohol, kissing them and one case removing a girl's clothes, touching her genitals, and forcing her to touch his. Another girl reports Moore groped her and forced her head into his crouch.
    And let's not forget he was banned at a local mall for his behavior.

Trump is an admitted sexual predator, has been accused of raping, striking and threatening to kill a 13 year old girl. Was accused of rape by one of his wives, and has admitted to inappropriate kissing, groping...here's a partial list.

Franken remarked on the irony of his resignation:

When will Trump resign?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    scratcho likes this.
  2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

you left out some pretty important information

3. MeAgain

Well, fill it in!

Lynnbrown likes this.
  4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

frankens accusers had proof

it wasnt just an accusation

5. MeAgain

Franken's accusers had the same proof that all the others had. In most cases, if not all, less as there were no witnesses as there is for Trump and Moore. The only "proof" against Franken was the photo in which he pretends to grope a women.

I'm not condoning Franken's behavior, I'm pointing out that the Democrats believe all the women, the Republicans only believe those who accuse their political rivals.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Didn't you mock the proof in another thread because the woman had on a thick vest and he wasn't touching her?

scratcho and Lynnbrown like this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Anyways it makes me sick that as Al Franken steps down, a known child predator will probably join the Senate with the endorsement of the president

The Republican party is a joke

scratcho, Lynnbrown and MeAgain like this.
  8. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Umm OK.....I seem to recall the Democrats staunchly supporting Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinski had plenty of proof. Likely the same ones that just tried to get his wife Hillary, a known accomplice to it, elected.

Both parties are a disgrace and a joke.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah that's disgusting too, Clinton was accused of violent rape and it was swept under the rug for a long time. I have seen a few Democrats revisit the topic recently, to their credit.

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

That was consenting sex between adults. Not a old man being a pedo. I don't think anyone every doubted that was true. Clinton did lie but at the time people also cared less because that was the only scandal and the economy was good. With the current politics it's a daily thing and there so many issues they add up.

What's a bigger deal a man gets a blow job from an adult or a man tried to get a blow job from a child while a Russian compromised man endorses him?

Lynnbrown likes this.
  11. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

The bigger deal is a man in power should not be engaging with women in his workplace. Exactly as Franken pointed out in his resignation speech.

And you seem to forget that while Lewinsky was consensual, there is a long list of those that weren't. Dating all the way back to Arkansas.

LOL at compromised man. Clinton (take your pick of which one) wasn't compromised in about 300 ways? Hillary compromised the election from Sanders. Her own party has stated such.

Russia so far as we have seen as facts (more may be revealed but as yet has not) had placed thousands of political ads against Clinton in any outlet that would let them. There is plenty of compromise to spread around here.

The people of Alabama have their beliefs. While I'm sure they are not thrilled at the idea of Moore's actions, they view Jones as supporting the killing of unborn children. Which evil is the lesser in their eyes? You can't lose sight of the political landscape being shaped.

It is after all about politics

It comes down to political agendas either being supported or not. Character has been taken out of the equation on both sides of the fence.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yes

i did

i dont remember the vest ..but i do remember he wasnt touching her

but then he admitted he did and admitted to more and my opinion changed

13. MeAgain

There's no doubt that members of both parties are, or have been, guilty of a variety of unethical and perhaps illegal activities.
    The rape accusation against Clinton was extensively investigated and no charges were ever brought nor was the truth of the matter ever resolved.
    Same with Monica Lewinski.

What is indisputable is that these are different times and the Democratic party is attempting to clean itself up, if not totally at least to a much larger degree than the Republicans are.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You're comparing something that happened within the Democratic party more than 20 years ago to something that is happening now within the Republican party today.

If we judge them both by current events it is clear the Democratic party is taking sexual allegations very seriously while the Republican party is willing to endorse a statutory rapist to advance their agenda

I'm not saying both parties aren't corrupted to a certain degree but I am saying the Republican party has gone bat shit crazy and has gotten pretty far away from being a small government, family values kind of party.

scratcho and Lynnbrown like this.
  15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

a statutory rapist?

does your country not consider people innocent until proven guilty?

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

He hasnt actually admitted anything, he said the allegations didnt happen or he remembers them differently

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

He's not in jail so obviously. People so often confuse the court of public opinion with real court.

But he was banned from a mall for hitting on underage girls. This is a fact.

And several women have came out against him and their stories have been corroborated by friends and family members.

I generally give women the benefit of the doubt in these cases. False rape accusations are not as common as you probably think.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  18. MeAgain

And let's remember that Clinton didn't lie to the grand jury, which is why he wasn't removed from office.

19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

That allegedly happened some 30+ years ago. So whats the difference?

I think that the Dems are overreacting at this point. I'd like to see a little more in the way of particulars as to the facts of all of these events. Franken has agreed to in principle having offended the women that came forward. While not remembering them in the same way etc. Should he go for the one he admitted and thats that? Last week when it was one person he vowed to stay in office. Now a short week later he has offended 8 women in some fashion that we yet know, and he has a change of heart all of a sudden?

With the current climate, whats to stop the Republicans to simply pay women to make accusatory statements and pretty much decimate the whole party based on accounts that have what for credible evidence. That appears to be a possibility with at least one of the Moore accusers. It was shown that the apparent Moore signed YearBook was a forgery.

I am not defending any scumbag here. I'm just not sure that we are dealing with the the reality of facts.

The Dems as a party are melting down. They can't get over that they actually lost an election......again.

They are cleaning house because they need votes. Lets not kid ourselves that we are suddenly finding them somehow ethically reborn.

The Republicans have been forced to be quiet for two terms and their agenda not advanced, until now.

Trump, whom I don't like, must be given credit for a few things. He activated a HUGE number of voters that had given up on anyone actually representing them again as Republicans. Yes they oppose abortion etc. Just because they haven't been heard doesn't mean they abandon those beliefs. The Republicans like it or not have a problem. Trump although a piece of crap, got elected by the same process that they couldn't manage to themselves. Trump has no political skeletons in his closet. He could care less who has what secrets they have agreed to keep quiet for the political good of their lives. He seems to be hell bent of keeping promises he made to his voters. That by itself may get him re-elected. In the end if he works for those that voted for him, he sets himself apart from the 30 years before him.

Remember when he was running for office the Republicans made him vow he would not abandon the party. Trump agreed to not leave the Republican party. I hope they now choke on him. They created this monster. He may get re-elected if they try to overthrow the very process that put him in office.

20. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

This is a 30+ year old fact....correct. Just because its in the current news cycle doesn't change the hypocrisy of the argument being used.

I have no doubt he was then a scumbag and still is now. But if you condemn him on 30 year old facts, you can't pick and choose when that applies.