Democrat vs. Republican...way it is...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by meglomaniac, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

The population of Iraq is 24 million. Did they free them 2.1 times? Or are they 2.1 times more free than they were before? Does this calculation require some special function my librul calculator doesn't have?

You are a moron.

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

What many Americans need to understand is that if the Republicans and the Democrats stood in most European countries (and I’m told Canada as well) they would both be seen as right wing political parties.

"Yeah, to opposse our barve troops and to divide America with their radical left rethoric."

If you think about that statement you realise that since the person saying it seems to imply that somehow the division is wrong that this is a very anti democratic statement. The thing about having democracy is having a choice and being able therefore to hear the alternatives. To me the US seems to have to little debate as it is.

The other thing I would say is that troops can be brave that doesn’t mean they are lead into the right battles. I would also comment that those ‘hawks’ pushing most vocally for those brave troops to go and be killed were people that seem to have chosen one way or another not to be involved in fighting when they could have had the chance.

3. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

Bush cuts taxes? HA! Yeah he does, but only for the rich. So because I am a democrat, I live my life not wanting to work or take responsibility huh? Really, that was one of the stupidest comments I have heard on this board EVER. I think you just started this thread to drum up some arguements, otherwise you would not have started it with such idiotic statements.

4. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i'd say it's probably equal to the number of democrats that are well off because of their parents. i see a pretty equal mix of broke republicans and democrats. when fighting stereotypes, try not to fall prey to them yourself.

5. metro

metro self-banned

I never said there are more rich republicans or poor dems, read the original post! He said republicans work for their $, dems don't. I was disputing that. I don't have time to write out my entire views on life in my posts-don't put words in my mouth please. I didn't stereotype one bit.

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i agree that the first statement was a stereotype, metro, but the wording of your statement was very open to interpretation. sorry for the confusion.

7. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

I was wondering about that one myself.

and if the Iraqi's are soooo happy...why are they killing our soldiers at every turn?

I dont think any soldier enjoys being target practice.

But I could be wrong.

8. metro

metro self-banned

no problem, I know I should do a better job of clarifying in my posts[​IMG]

9. eljeffothegreat

eljeffothegreat Member

The economy goes in cycles. It goes up then it goes down. Im not sure teh exact number but i think it hits recession once every 7 years or so. Its the nature of the beast. so yeah we had a boom under clinton ... big deal. I sure as hell dont trust a guy who lied on national tv about a blow job. (and no im not defending bush) I think he only went to get sadam cause he couldnt find osama and sadam had a price out on bush's dads head. Its great that hes outta power. Im glad for all those people over there. And as far as the troops being glad to be over there... oh how differently ive heard from some of the troops that I know. My gf's cousin is a soldier. From what he tells me, the troops over there hate bush and find it pointless being over there. Lets face it, no weapons of mass distruction, iraq ddint atack us... it was a terrorist attack. So on september 11th the terrorist declaired war on us.. but war is what some random country not harboring those terrorists got. As far as democrats being lazy, My dad works 60 hrs week in a steel mill. Hes a democrat. I havent even decided what i consider my self yet, but I work 2 jobs and go to purdue full time. If thats lazy than well hell i must need more to do. Your not a democrat or republican if your lazy. Its decided more on do you agree with that partys views on such things as abortion, afirmive action and all that what not. If your gonna post post to be serious and not to be a jack hole.

10. Jozak

Jozak Member

Have you read Kerry's platform? How can you say he's Bush with a tilt left? He supports higher taxes, socialized medicine, against free trade, etc. He is a lot more different than Bush. Go to Kerry's site and then Bush's and compare them, then get back to us. I think we will both agree though, that big changes happen very rarely when new politicians are elected, if you look past years of election changes.

I am not campaiging for either of those assholes, VOTE LIBERTARIAN 2004!! Bwahahahahaha!:X

11. Jozak

Jozak Member

Don't throw stones in glass houses--the rich were not the only ones who got a tax break, everyone who paid income taxes got a tax break. I think you must mean the rich got the most money BACK from the taxes--as they should, they pay the most, that is extremely fair. I am a middle class kid and I know as soon as my parents got their money back they invested it and got us some new clothes, which my brothers and I needed badly.:)