Democrat vs. Republican...way it is...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by meglomaniac, Jun 6, 2004.

1. meglomaniac

meglomaniac Member

If you don't want to ever work, or take any responsibility, but you would rather be poor and have nothing. You don't want to do anything for yourself, you would rather let the goverment protect you, feed you, house you, then you are a Democrat.

Now if you want to work, even though it will be difficult, because you want a good life. You know you can take care of yourself, protect yourself, feed yourself, house yourself and you siblings, then you are a Rebublican.

The Democrats will take away our guns, because the goverment can protect us better than we can protect ourselves. The Democrats will tax us left and right.

G.W. Bush cut taxes. Ronald Reagan cut taxes. Clinton raised taxes. If you want your taxes cut then you are a republican.

2. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

OMG, that is some bullshit.

How about this:

If you sterotype you are a republican.

GW has pulled us into the largest deficit in history. Clinton left office with a surplus (the ONLY in history).

There are a million things you can say about each, I can think of many cons to each party. I can think of some pros (a few). But it is obvious from your post you are Faux news- watching moron...wait is that a sterotype? Well doesnt matter cause you really don't mind.

3. smartass

smartass Member

*Sigh*

That recession was CLINTON-GORE INSPIRED, Bush was just the unlucky man who had to deal with it.

Hmmmmm, 1.8 MILLION NEW JOBS IN THE LAST EIGHT MONTHS RING A BELL?

OF COURSE IT DOESN'T, YOU'RE PROBABLY IN DENIAL ABOUT IT.

This democratic party is also currently controlled by anti-American radical left communists.

4. metro

metro self-banned

That's absurd. I know a lot of hard working Democrats. I consider myself neither, but I definitely side w/Dems on more issues. How many Republicans are well off because their parents were? Silly stereotyping.

5. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

alot of democrats work hard!

6. smartass

smartass Member

Yeah, to opposse our barve troops and to divide America with their radical left rethoric.

There are some REAL democrats left, like Zell Miller, I pray that they will one day be able to take back their party.

7. dreamweaver

dreamweaver Member

Do comments like this piss anybody else off? Communists? I HATE it when people throw around the word commie to insult anyone who does not lean to the right. Its not the 50s anymore. Communism is not going to take over the world. And trust me, if you think anyone in our government is communist, you're sadly mistaken. Radical Commies at that...please...everyone involved in the American government is moderate...you have moderate republicans and you have moderate democrats. You dont get very far in America being radical, and I can assure you the democratic party is not controlled by a bunch of radicals.

8. smartass

smartass Member

SUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRREEEEEEEE.

AL GORE
    JOHN KERRY
    NANCY PELOSI
    HOWARD DEAN
    TERRY MACAULIF
    and there's SO much more.

9. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

and as for your lame comments on Clinton-Gore being responsible haha...give me yer proof! cause all i see right now is we are in war..over what?! hmm Bush keeps digging himself in deeper..and..another thing stop turning the other cheek and check into reality..most of our troops don't wanna be there!

10. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

What you are saying is rather alot of bullshit..and it does piss me off..because you are making democrats look like some sort of communist criminals all because alot of them don't think we should be in this war!!! and they are hard working and they work hard for their families..so DON'T judge them because they do NOT believe what you believe in.

11. smartass

smartass Member

Oh how I hate naive liberals.

Clinton raising of taxes helped alot to contribute, also it's because after the economy goes up, it must come down.

Our troops DO want to be there, they are PROUD THAT THEY FREED OVER 50 MILLION PEOPLE.

12. dreamweaver

dreamweaver Member

And these people are supposed to be radical commies? John Kerry is just another Bush with a little lean to the left. I've read absolutely nothing in his politics that indicates he's more than a moderate. Same with Al Gore. And Howard Dean. I dont know enough about the other two to say. You know Americans are WAY too conservative when people start thinking these people are radical lefties.

13. BlackVelvet

BlackVelvet Members

still waiting on that proof!

14. meglomaniac

meglomaniac Member

The last recession started the the last months of th Clinton administration, not at the beginning of Bush's. The recession started in November 2000. Sure a boom happened under Clinton, but a boom generates a bust. And no administration has the power to change that. The nation's output of goods and services declined in the first three quarters of 2001, but has started growing again in the fourth quarter and has continued to rise since then. Jobs are hard pressed to see such a rise. Most businesses adopted new technology and management methods to boost production while shedding workers.

15. SoFarAway

SoFarAway Friendly Fried Guy

Wow, that is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Do us all a favor, vote Libertarian! :D

16. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

[​IMG] Man... after that statement you're in no position to call anyone naive.

17. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Oh please... this only reinforces my last post. Zell Miller's a raving Southern conservative Bush lapdog who's only a Democrat in name. If the Democratic party is "taken back" by people like Zell then there truly will be no difference between the Dems and the GOP.

18. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

What proof? It'a a clear cut statement. Not that any party can be responsible for a good or bad economy anyway, because the government can't control the economy (as much as they'd want to or think they can, they can't). They can help or hurt it to some extent, but neither the democrats nor the republicans can really do anything to change it.

19. Jozak

Jozak Member

That is bullshit meglomaniac--I want my taxes cut and I am far from a Republican.

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

If you don't want to ever work, or take any responsibility, but you would rather be poor and have nothing. You don't want to do anything for yourself, you would rather let the goverment protect you, feed you, house you, then you are a Democrat.
    Now if you want to work, even though it will be difficult, because you want a good life. You know you can take care of yourself, protect yourself, feed yourself, house yourself and you siblings, then you are a Rebublican.

This is meaningless and seems calculated to annoy rather than simulate honest discussion. I can’t imagine the kind of mind that would actually spend time thinking up such dribble or maybe I can –

I see the kind of dysfunctional teenager that always sits at the back of the class and thinks the ‘coolest’ thing ever is to try and disrupt the class in the hope that they can’t learn and so end up as maronic as themselves.

It doesn’t annoy me as I’m not that bothered but it does make me incredibly sad to think that someone like megalomaniac has a brain but is so happy to us so little of it.

Yep it’s very, very sad.

Please Meg I appeal to you try and get yourself out of this rut.