Delusional Patriots

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Tree, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

They seem to be the only happy ones in this country at the moment. You know the sort of cunts I mean, the ones who fly the Union Flag or St George's Cross in their front garden or plastered onto the front of their house window. I'm just waiting for the Make Britain Great Again movement to start. That'll be next. The reality is that we're now a Banana Monarchy, bananas being the operative word. With Johnson as our mascot, who somehow manages to come across as a lovable buffoon whilst actually being a vile back-stabbing sociopath. Meanwhile the rest of us have to suffer the shame and deprivation of living here as subjects of a failing state.

etherea and DrRainbow like this.
  2. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

If you really think Britain is shit, what does that make the rest of the world?

3. Joshua Tree

The world is a big place. Which part of it do you mean?

4. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I mean generally....most places are crap compared to Britain.

5. Joshua Tree

I'm not that well travelled. I don't know if you are. Maybe most places are crap compared to Britain, but Britain is still undoubtedly crap, and getting worse. It's relatives versus absolutes. Britain may be relatively better, but it's absolutely crap.

6. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Aaah, I did wonder whether or not you were well travelled. I didn't want to insult you by making that kind of assumption about you.....as for me, yes I'm well travelled.....Britain has it's fair share of problems but I wouldn't really want to live anywhere else.

7. Dax

Dax Members

If I was gonna emmigrate I'd choose England over most other European countries.

8. Joshua Tree

Well how far does this country have to fall before other countries feel attractive? It's certainly on it's way down. As a UK national I am concerned about the decline of the country in which I live, that was my motivation in making this thread.

9. Joshua Tree

Where do you currently live?

10. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

Does that include the Jolly Roger?

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so by "delusional patriots" you mean the ones who think tom brady is going to sign with them and cheat them to another super bowl?

Irminsul likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Brady deflates balls.

13. I am extremely well travelled in both developed and developing countries and yeah, the UK I returned to 5 years ago is truly, truly crap!

14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Adam

Where?

I’ve lived in France and Greece, have relatives in Germany and Italy and travelled in many other places and all of them have their good and bad points including the countries that make up the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland).

I love the UK but there are places in it that are easier to love than others.

Many times it comes down to people rather than place.

I think England is going through a bad patch because many people in it have been bamboozled by wealth sponsored media and pundits into supporting corrupt politicians that are pursuing policies that are not in the best interests of the country or its peoples.

This has had a knock on effect of encouraging some people with bigoted and racist views to believe they can express their views when once they would not have done. I heard a story the other day about a French person visiting London and talking French with the English person they were visiting and some lout said ‘speak English you are in England now’.

(Then I thought of one time when I worked in Spain and there was this big community of British expats there that didn’t speak a word of Spanish between them.)

It’s just that at the moment the ignorant and mean of sprit that once would have kept their mouths shut feel emboldened to open them and that can drag a place down and make you despair for the future.

Add to that the politics of hate and division that the Tories excel in and its not a good recipe.

etherea likes this.