Defining Masculinity

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by ClearSkies, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

This is a dumb definition of masculinity. You're just saying that being masculine is being NOT feminine. But they're not opposites. They're compliments. They're not mutually exclusive either.

We're trying to define masculinity here, not define what is not masculine.

I think that being masculine has to do with not giving a fuck. And there is a masculine way of thinking. Like I know that when I see girl students do their work and boys they do it completely differently. Girls have extremely neat and tidy notes and work with attrition, while boys seem to either have neat (in an engineer-ish way -- very different from the way girl's notes are neat) or scribbly notes and they seem to work in a more deductive (rather than inductive way). boys seem to work more in bursts of curiosity rather than through a continuous, studious desire to please.

just my thoughts... I don't know how to define masculinity, so I'm just making some observations...